• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman

Azerothian Footman 1.1
=========================================================
Model Modified by Urkdrengi

Comments: This is my attempt to create the footman from Warcraft I.
I buffed him out a bit, merged some geosets, and did some skinning. I think
this model could use some optimizing but it should be usable. Also, give
credit where it's due and all that. Enjoy!

How to use: Just open the mdx with warcraft III viewer and hit Ctrl-I to see the paths.
If you do not know how to import you can check out Darky27s Tutorial over at wc3campaigns.

Paths Needed to Import:

Textures\Footman.blp
Textures\FrostMorne.blp
Textures\Knight.blp
Units\Human\Footman\Horns.blp
Units\Human\Footman\Footman.mdx

**Update Fixes**
v1.1
-Floating sword no longer shows up after unit dies
-Sword handle now shows when sheathing weapon
-Unit portrait is now part of the model
-Minor tweaks to face geometry and skin

[email protected]

Keywords:
barbarian warrior soldier footman
Contents

Footman (Model)

Level 7
I had to submit anew because of a broken link. This model is far from being perfectly efficent, but it should be usable. I have fixed a few annoying things too.

**Update Fixes**
v1.1
-Floating sword no longer shows up after unit dies
-Sword handle now shows when sheathing weapon
-Unit portrait is now part of the model
-Minor tweaks to face geometry and skin

Level 1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else experienced the swords turning black on this model. Mine have, and I also can't get the old footman model back. I need a bit of help on that.

Otherwise, I like the model.

Edit: Grammar

Level 2
I have to say your models are superb. Its perfect and looks so much like the footman in WC1.

Level 1
icebear6666 is the biggest fucker there is cause he flaming o mighty creator of this model, the models face would NOT FUCKING BE GONE if u used it as a model for a hero..... this is a lil too lat right for a pot like this. any way 120/5 very good i used it in 16 of my maps already. Hey also try to make some naked fighting female models because there ain't any on this site

Level 8
Yes, I had to make him stand all the time so he doesn't 'unsweat' himself (how I call it). By that I mean that he's taking the drinkbottle and then just sticking it in his neck to put some water under the armor. I like the rest though. I used him in my Fable map that maybe will come out sometime... I hope at least. Oh I like the shield really much by the way.

Level 1
Awesome model! I'd gladly use this model in any map over the default one if it weren't for one problem...

Could you add team color to the model?

I can't use it unless it has some team color :(

Thanks in advance.

Level 1
I like your model Urkdrengi, as usual it's beautiful, you really emphasize the genius that is warcraft 3, which is that you don't need excellent life-like graphics to have a quality game. The cartoon-like models are much better.

Level 1
Sorry for taking up two posts here, I just wanted to comment on the team color thing again, and yes I know your a passionate hater of the team colors, but it is pretty necassary in maps which many people will have access to the same units. Which is quite a few.

Level 12
Wow this would be perfect for a unit I want..However the filesize is way too large =(, if it was 50KB to 200KB I would use it.. 5/5 though

Level 7
Yes, the model is really good its very similar to the footman from WC, BRAVO!!
But I also agree with the idea to make him like a single model that doesn't replace/reskin other models.>! If you do this you'll be only 3 steps away from perfection! :)
(Because right now it's messing up other 3 models to look like him and still they are a bit different but like reskinned, and I would like to use the original footman also.)

Last edited:
Level 5
Amazing.
Fu to the dickheads who never played warcraft, this is the 3d of the original footy, if there is any definition of footman, then this is the one. Better than the cartoony shite on modern warcraft games.

Level 1
Lack of Team Colour -
Huge File Size -
Replaces default textures -
Ugly torso -
Similar to WC1 footman +

Sadly, this sucks

Level 7
Urkdrengi, could you make the blue thing on his shield team colored as well?!
That would be very nice!

One more thing, do you allow me to use it with another skin? :p

Last edited: