• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flame Scimitar by chilla_killa

This my new attachment model, I made for a request by Killd0zer.
It uses only ingame textures and has a flame particle emitter.

I made it with Milkshape 3D from scratch by using this picture:
67963d1256131631-no-need-look-scimitar.jpg

Many thanks to Magos, who created the Model Editor, a perfect tool for every modeller.

Please give me credit for my work, if you use it in your map/campaign.
Don't modify this model with my permission, but you can ask per PM.

Enjoy it!

chilla_killa

Keywords:
sword, scimitar, attachment, atachment, wow, knife, axe, lol, nice, chilla_killa, weapon, warcraft
Contents

Flame Scimitar by chilla_killa (Model)

Reviews
18:45, 24th Oct 2009 General Frank: Very good attachment, but the wrap could use some work as well as the shading. But I approve.

M

18:45, 24th Oct 2009
General Frank:

Very good attachment, but the wrap could use some work as well as the shading.
But I approve.

Level 8
Yeah please remake the fire. I dislike burning swords when they got that many particles and these doesn't even look well. Especially when a unit is moving it just doesn't look like fire at all.
Would it be possible to attach a fiery effect to the sword itself than only relying on particles btw?
Maybe with ribbons or so? (Don't actually know what exactly they are, but someone used them on a frostmourne version and they stay around the sword as it seems :< )

Level 26
the mesh is great, but you should take aother texture for the razor and for the yellow parts because they look way too unshaded.
For the fire particles you should choose cloud8x8fire and some black smoke emitter would be good aswell.Also reduce the particle count

Level 11
Im just saying, that in the swords current form, it would be nearly just as good to apply a special effect fire to the units hand. Try making the fire like a lot smaller. And a fun thing that MIGHT work would be to give the particles like a long decay (idk anything about modeling), but make it so that their is like a long after-effect and the fire particles linger in the air for 2-3 seconds.

this is difficult to word, so i will just use an example. the sword moves, and fire stays all around it, but in the wake of the sword, their is still some fire, kind of adding a fire shadow effect to it. This might not even work, if you managed to understand my garbled sentences.

Level 5
A pretty.. generic idea. the fire, as everyone else said, is too much ! :D
The scimitar is awesome thou, if only you could make the fire look more like a real fire, not like a glow with fiery colors, it would be sick. :>