• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Field Gatling Gun

Was asked to create this model for AnimalPower as a request. Edited Mechanical Man's Cyclone model and mounted a gatling gun instead. With permission, I now upload it here.

The reference picture provided showed big wheels. I didn't want to bother with so much boring stuff, so instead of scaling the wheels up and spending the next two hours fixing the animation, I scaled the gun down. Thus, for it to get back to it's original size, go with a scaling of 2.2

Enjoy, although I am not really that fond of this model, although that may just be the total lack of a goblin anywhere.

Keywords:
Gatling Gun, Machine Gun, Field,
Contents

Field Gatling Gun (Model)

Reviews
22:40, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: nice, big guns are always nice.. Misha: re-approved, cool gatling :P

M

22:40, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: nice, big guns are always nice..

Misha:
re-approved, cool gatling :p

Fortunately on units the original size doesn't matter as in buildings (the huge rally point banner!), but is still a good practice to make it scaled properly how you want to have it shown in the map.

Despite the particles, lack of rotation is still noticeable. That the point of gattling gun, rotating. In death one wheel flies away defying law of physics and looks bad, just make it fall near, without flying around in a weird way.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Non rotating gatling and the model is kinda hovering above the ground, the wheel is totally flying during decay animation...
But ok instant approve with 2 moderator reviews.Being nitpicky is just for peon.No string pulling at all.
While I agree with you, in his defense it was already approved originally (despite the issues you point out); getting it re-approved was (apparently) no big deal.

While I agree with you, in his defense it was already approved originally (despite the issues you point out); getting it re-approved was (apparently) no big deal.
No Mechanical man's model doesn't have these issue.If it was anyone else it would have been sent to "need fix" or left pending.It's obvious the model hasn't been looked at before approval.
Also 2 moderator reviews and approve for this one model while there's at least 30 other models pending for much longer.But they haven't been solicited through PM or whatever it's just luck.

Level 64
Tell me, master Minimage... Would you happen to be willin' to make another one of these fine beauties for a relatively speaking old Workshop dweller?

'I find myself in need of a ship and a cre-*ahem* I find myself in need of a Vickers Machine gun, boy, and you look like just the tinker for the job. Whadda ya say, savvy?'

My pirate talk needs a bit of freshing up, but that is what soap is for, eh?

No Mechanical man's model doesn't have these issue.If it was anyone else it would have been sent to "need fix" or left pending.It's obvious the model hasn't been looked at before approval.
Also 2 moderator reviews and approve for this one model while there's at least 30 other models pending for much longer.But they haven't been solicited through PM or whatever it's just luck.

Mine has not this issue because the wheels are thicker and the model isn't scaled down. Scaling may have made that funky wheel flight.

And actually, this model is 'pending' already for a year and half, rejected when grendel went emo.

Mine has not this issue because the wheels are thicker and the model isn't scaled down. Scaling may have made that funky wheel flight.

And actually, this model is 'pending' already for a year and half, rejected when grendel went emo.
Ok then not instant approve.The rest of my point is still valid.

Level 4
Hi, I've imported this model and I've used a placeholder guard tower and also a placeholder orc burrow, but with both, the barrel definitely doesn't point in the direction of where the gun shoots. I've played around with the art - projectile launch, but that wasn't it, what do I modify to make the model shoot straight?