• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth Elemental

I had this idea about one or two months ago. But when I attatched and then tried to animate, the mesh didn't follow the bones properly. So I simply accepted the fact that I couldn't do such stuff on my own (wich is the reason to the high amount of Geosets in my Frosty model). But then I found a way around the problem, beeing reinforced by Magos.
So I have spent some time now, animating the model and gathering tips through a WIP thread.
I'd like to thank: Just_Spectating, Avator, BlinkBoy, Pyramidhe@d, Revolver, NhazUl, Misha, -TYRANID- and wereguy2 for support, critique and usefull hints.

The model uses a <acronym title="Warcraft 3"><acronym title="Warcraft 3">Wc3</acronym></acronym> cliff texture and it also has all natural cliff textures from War3.mpq imported. I will upload a guide on how to change the texture on this model using magos model editor. Check the comments for that one.

Now please enjoy the model. Give credit and don't edit the poor dude.

UPDATE:
Pyritie: It looks good, but it just needs a few things changed. First of all, that dust particle that goes all around it needs to be lowered to about 30-40 or so. ~110 is far too much. Also when the model is underground, hide that other dust particle emitter. It also needs a death sound event object. Maybe a birth one too.

Fixed all that and one more thing. I found that when you changed the texture to Lordaeron Winter cliffs, the wrapping caused the dude to get snow on his belly. In his case it breaks the laws of physics. So I changed the wrapping on the dirt parts (the arms had the same issue), now you can almost see a little biceps on the arms :)

UPDATE_2: Finaly found the sound. :csmile:

UPDATE_3: Team colored gemstone added on the chest after a request (read comments on page 2).

Keywords:
Earth, Elemental, Ground, Dirt, Grass, Monster, pwnage, Strength, Dust, Sand, phail
Contents

Earth Elemental (Model)

Reviews
19:25, 24th Apr 2009 Pyritie: It looks good, but it just needs a few things changed. First of all, that dust particle that goes all around it needs to be lowered to about 30-40 or so. ~110 is far too much. Also when the model is underground, hide...

M

19:25, 24th Apr 2009
Pyritie: It looks good, but it just needs a few things changed. First of all, that dust particle that goes all around it needs to be lowered to about 30-40 or so. ~110 is far too much. Also when the model is underground, hide that other dust particle emitter. It also needs a death sound event object. Maybe a birth one too.

13th May 2009
Pyritie: Whoops, forgot to look at it while animated (in unanimated, the "gem" isn't additive so it looked kinda weird). I guess it looks okay :p

Approved!

Level 3
Perhaps

Dude i have a request/sugestion can you put like a crystal on his/her chest and make it glow if you did iwould so use in one of my maps

4/5 for now :D :thumbs_up:

Level 28
Pyritie hates particles.

No he doesn't but there is a limit to how many particels there should be. When I made the ground particle emitter I didn't lower the particle amount cause it was the only particle source.
But when I made the other particle emitters I didn't think about the ground particles since they wheren't on when I tested the new ones.
And sadly Pyritie hasn't been around to review it again since I fixed that.

Level 6
That sucks, but it can take some time.
Afterall, its downloadable and stabile, so you just need the stamp which says
"approved" , I dun think so.
You will get rep and a 5/5 from me.
Wc3-Like, Stable, No really big or noticeable bug/problem that you can fix.

5/5 +rep for your excellent work.

Level 22
It would be nice if it could use the texture of whatever the terrain is. Say with Loard Summer - grass as it is, with fall - orange grass, with snow - teal grass, etc. And differnt rock. There was a system to change textures, I don't remember who did it and where it went but that would be perfect for this model.

Level 10
really nice ^^ now it's time to create a king of the hill map where the ramps are these monsters (should be ranged) and when they walk up the hill the ramps moves away and starts shooting boulders at the ones up on the cliff :D 5/5 and have a cookie :cute:

EDIT: I cant give you a cookie untill I've given out some to other people :O so you'll have to wait :cute: