• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DwarfDathbringer

Long time ago.... In the times of darkness.... i promised you undead dwarf unit :D And here it is ! Undead Dwarven Thane! We need also some new variation of undead, dont we? Maybe i will soon make even the living one ;). enjoy and give credit.

Updates made. On the back added shield. The handle of axe also changed. i didnt want to use any runes or frostmourne like weapons because first idea was jsut undead dwarf, not any kind of dwarf deathknight.

Keywords:
Dwarf, Warrior, Thane, King, Mountain, Deathknight, Knight, Alliance, Scourge, Undead, Lich, Lich King, Northrend, Icecrown
Contents

DwarfDathbringer (Model)

Reviews
20:38, 3rd May 2010 DonDustin: I like your concept, but it has a few issues: 1. the unwrap of the back is too messy right now. 2. the weapons seem a bit too boring to me. The club is actually fine, but you should create it on your own and not only...

M

20:38, 3rd May 2010
DonDustin: I like your concept, but it has a few issues:
1. the unwrap of the back is too messy right now.
2. the weapons seem a bit too boring to me. The club is actually fine, but you should create it on your own and not only take the faceless one weapon. The axe could also need another texture (at least for the handle, because the brown part does not have any shading). I also thing that you should go for some frostmourne theme for them( maybe some runes or some kind of head that makes the weapons look more creative/special/undead.
3. I think you should replace the skulls with something else. Some banner, a cape or a shield would be a better choice.
4. I suggest to use the SkeletonOrc texture for the face. It is much more detailed and realistic.

Changes are made. Resource approval.

Level 48
You could add an Undead Dissipate spawn object to make him die like a real Undead hero. Would look pretty badass.
What you need to do is to create a new animation in WarFroger, MDLVis or whatever, and call it Dissipate. It needs to have a 2000 frames length(so if the first frame is 5000, the last frame would be 7000). The whole animation should be the same as the last frame of Death. Then save it(Important: as a new file), and add a new Object Event with Magos. Set the type of Object Event to Spawn Object, and the data, the little four-digit code, to "UDIS". Give it a new Event Track and set the time to the beginning of your Dissipate animation(so if we take our earlier example, 5000-7000, you have to write 5000)

Also, some teamcolor, for example on the weapons, would be nice. Perhaps even a frozen beard, or some red\purple\teamcolored eye glow, would be nice.

Level 4
mh, could be used as a frost deathknight? since they're duel wielding weapons, otherwise cool one :D great work