• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreadlord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)

Drealord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)

Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Descriptions:
I've got inspired by the Dreadlords from the alpha and pre-beta versions of Warcraft III, so I've made a little remake from it to make this model look similar.
Based on the Dreadlord model with a new walk animation, because skirt looked a bit awkward when the old walk animation was played.
And all textures are ingame, so don't worry about special paths.

No custom icons are needed since the ingame Dreadlord icon fits very well.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

Also, I'd like thank Dionesiist for his hint on how to attach the skirt part to the leg part of the rig.

Keywords:
dreadlord, dread, lord, demon, beta, pre-beta, alpha, nathrezim, undead, vampire
Contents

Dreadlord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like) (Model)

Dreadlord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like) (Model)

Reviews
22:06, 20th Jan 2009 General Frank: Very nice replica of the Beta dreadlord. Works ingame and performs very well.

M

22:06, 20th Jan 2009
General Frank:

Very nice replica of the Beta dreadlord. Works ingame and performs very well.

Level 3
Wow... I like the original dread lord so much more than what thy put in game. Same with what looks to be the necromancer. Yours is a piece of work too. Didn't download it. I'd need reason. And it would just end up for personal use. Someone said the wings are unedited?

Level 45
Wow... I like the original dread lord so much more than what thy put in game. Same with what looks to be the necromancer. Yours is a piece of work too. Didn't download it. I'd need reason. And it would just end up for personal use. Someone said the wings are unedited?

I did add a correction stating it wasn't the case for worries.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
OMGosh. Finally.

Man, if it's not known by now, it should be: I freakin' love anything that is a throwback to Wc3 Beta/Alpha. So many great ideas that never made it in... Anyway.

So even though I have almost no chance to use this model effectively anywhere, I"m getting it just because it's so cool. Good job, DvO; many thanks. :p

So you, and donut3.5 with his Cold-Wraith-esque Wraith Lord; you're on the right track. Keep it up, man.

Level 3
Pretty well done, but i think in the upper left picture the red aura doesn't fit to a dark-blue Dreadlord :S

But very well done...