• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DarkironKnight

Hell yes, Darkiron Knight is finnaly out!
[694 faces]
Darkiron Knight, some sort of fallen paladin or something, I think it could come in handy, though I mostly made it for sake of my own. Portrait file included, both files are squished, so edit them at your own risk.
KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU MUST TRY MODEL IN-GAME IN ORDER TO RATE IT.
Model does not display properly in any of the viewers.

So here are credits:
HappyTauren - mesh, UV wrapping, particles, attachment points, fixed death anim exploit
donut3.5 - bone structure, rig <3
Cavman - made bone structure compatible with bandit (also with blademaster, demon hunter and so on), transfered bandit animations to model, added helpers <3
Blizzard - textures, animations

If I find this model in your map, and guys mentioned above are not mentioned, you are dead meat.

Special thanks:
Lord_T - for trying to animate it

Keywords:
Dark, Shadow, Doom, Knight, Death, Undead, Warrior
Contents

DarkironKnight (Model)

DarkironKnight (Model)

Reviews
Dan van Ohllus: [Approved] Works ingame with no flaws. It's a very nice model, and I'm sure it will be very useful.

M

Dan van Ohllus:
[Approved]
Works ingame with no flaws. It's a very nice model, and I'm sure it will be very useful.

Level 11
Love it, but a few objections. Fire on the sword should be included only in a spell animation, because a guy with a flaming sword is pretty exclusive. And, for a fallen paladin, his legs are way too skinny. I could break them in half with a wooden stick. Well, maybe a metal one.

Still, 4/5. :D

Level 8
4/5.
Pros:-
Good Shield.
Good theme and idea.
Good shoulder plates.
Good use of ingame textures.

Cons:-
The portrait anims are not satisfactory.
The dissipate anim does not match with the death anim. (Could use the death anim from whatever you imported the dissipate anim from.)
The legs do not look like they are armoured. Thickening is recommended.
The neck looks strange.

That's all.
;) +rep

Okay, I've done some minor update, scaling legs, fixing neck, and deleting non squished version. Portrait Talk soon to come though, seems I gotta animate it from scratch in order to get it work on the same file (squisher + nonintegrated portraits don't work).
Another thing you could do is to extract the Footman Portrait (or the Bandit Portrait) and add geosets of your DarkIronKnight model (head, chest and arms as seperate geosets) and then remove the Footman geosets (and some unused bones).
In this way, you have a working seperate portrait model for your main model.

Level 2
Love the model, the artwork and the texture. Very nice. 5/5. Think you could make a Mage? (a DarkIronknight-Mage)

Level 2
Great model. Small in size. A map makers dream. Nice job HT!

Using this one in the next Black Road map, but you already knew that - didn't you? :wink:

5/5

Level 8
actually no, mpq compression DOES compress it, but it compresses even more because I used MDX squisher (thee is a download in our tool section).
Oooh, can you gimme the link? I want it!

Great but if you made the fire more like purple its gone bee Greater than this
Finally, the Choas Name gives an acceptable comment.