• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Troll Hut

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
As Requested by xyzier_24, a Dark Troll Hut

Simple and stark, I believe some of ye will find this model quite useful in fantasy maps!

As Dark trolls are only remotely related to forest trolls, I had to change up the tarp quite a bit, so instead of tribal paint, I've replaced it with a human/Night elf face (rather reminiscent of a gnoll's tent in WoW)

Changes
-None

Keywords:
Dark, Forest, Troll, Tent, Obsidian, Clawed, Claw, Shadow, Nether, Twilight, Zandalari, ShadowTooth, Clan,
Contents

Dark Troll Hut (Model)

Reviews
16:09, 9th Dec 2014 MiniMage: After some extensive pondering time, yeah, I'm rejecting this. Too simple.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

16:09, 9th Dec 2014
MiniMage: After some extensive pondering time, yeah, I'm rejecting this. Too simple.

Level 26
It kinda looks like the default troll hut given a texture change.

However, it also features a static version of the cool undead birth animation and
the dungeon doodad with the floating heads in a pot. I'm not convinced.

The changes are minimal at best and I would advice you to just submit the skin.

Then healthy small little terrainers can put all those things in place and
saving themselves some more space and making it all easier to manage.

The end result would be something that takes less place and
all the things missing could be placed using ingame models to get the same result.

However, it also features a static version of the cool undead birth animation and

all the things missing could be placed using ingame models to get the same result.

because the requester of this model say he don't want birth animation...

Level 65

I cannot submit it as a skin as by default the material layer of the tent isn't transparent, the default wrap wouldn't allow for the dark-troll sigils, and if applied as a skin it would affect other models as well.

As a moderator, I thought you knew this stuff even better than I!

If it were as easy as that, I'd not have dropped this on the models page, lad. :grin:

I cannot submit it as a skin as by default the material layer of the tent isn't transparent, the default wrap wouldn't allow for the dark-troll sigils, and if applied as a skin it would affect other models as well.

As a moderator, I thought you knew this stuff even better than I!

If it were as easy as that, I'd not have dropped this on the models page, lad. :grin:

Interesting speech skills, gj. If this gets "moderated" wrongly then please contact the staff, they will look through this step-by-step and decide whether to correct the issue or dismiss.

Level 26
Interesting speech skills, gj. If this gets "moderated" wrongly then please contact the staff, they will look through this step-by-step and decide whether to correct the issue or dismiss.

I do not think that you understand what the staff is. It's not a tool that solves all your future problems if you disagree. It's a gathering of people, one that I am a part of.

I thought the transparency was a mistake to be quite honest. Looked like a decent place to add TC, as the entire model was lacking TC. Dark troll sigils has been added to other skins, so I don't see why not this one. Well, it would indeed affect other models, but that's the nature of skins. I am unsure how to judge this particular one to be quite honest. So I'll set up a debate thread in the mod lobby and until the conclusion of that thread, this model will be left pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.