• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox

Alright you guys already know who Illidan is so I won't go into detail explaining that. This is Illidan Stormrage as he appears in his fight with Arthas in the end of wc3 the Frozen Throne.

IllidanandArthas.jpg
IllidanDefeated.jpg

I was browsing the wc3 mpqs when I came across this and found out that the entire battle (even the stuff with speed lines and stuff) is all 1 model that Blizzard very effectively used to make the battle scene. So I just deleted everything but Illidan and then I threw him onto the bones of EvilIllidan.mdx (the normal evil Illidan model in wc3). Though I did cheat sorta. :razz: He uses EvilIllidan.mdx's original wings because there's about 15-20 bones that are just for the wings and there was no way I was gonna pull off the actual cinematic wings well by reattaching them to those bones. I just didn't want to try as I'm certain it would have been bad. Its hardly noticeable though.

This model has a working talking portrait that is just a animated version of the unedited Illidan I got left over from the cinematic battle. So its got the actual wings in there. I did throw in a portrait background in there too.

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox.mdx 145kb

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox_Portrait.mdx 74kb

Enjoy the model and feel free to edit it if you want. I'd appreciate some credit as it did take 4 hours to do all this but the world won't end if you don't give me any. After all I didn't do much but animated the mesh. :razz: Mostly Blizz's work here. At least I built my model out of their work. XD

I would appreciate credits if you use it in your map. And heck if you do find a use for it let me know I'd love to try your map.

Update: Okay after a long wait I've become much more experienced in boning and better methods of doing such. So I've fixed the legs' fatal issues and it works much nicer now.

I also removed the morph as requested by the mod who reviewed this. I'd appreciate it if another mod looked at it now that it's fixed.

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Demon, Demon Hunter, Elf, Illidari, Betrayer, Outland, Night, Northrend, Arthas, Leader, Cinematic, WoW
Contents

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox (Model)

Cinematic Illidan By Zerox (Model)

Reviews
19:47, 4th Jun 2009 shamanyouranus: WOAH! The legs are very messed up right now. It just looks silly. Please try to fix that. And remove the morph animation, because he just shrinks into oblivion. So...yeah...do that...and stuff. Rejected until...

M

19:47, 4th Jun 2009
shamanyouranus: WOAH! The legs are very messed up right now. It just looks silly. Please try to fix that. And remove the morph animation, because he just shrinks into oblivion. So...yeah...do that...and stuff.

Rejected until updated, ok?

13th November 2010
General Frank:

Changes are made. The model works in-game performs well.
Approved.
I think you should add those wave swim walk animation.

Level 6
Wow, this model looks great!! :grin:

I understand about the wings, and they look ok like this, they just need slight placement adjustments.
If you could fix the things Misha pointed out such as the legs.
Also if possible (I don't know how possible it is) shorten his legs slightly and fix the Death animation, as he stabs himself oddly. His hair and ponytail also needs to flow over his back on his animations (again if possible) and not through him. The animations are also slightly too fast compared with the normal Illidan model, this might be an FPS problem.

I know it seems like a lot of critisism especially from someone who doesn't know how to model and considering you spent a long time producing this model, but its too epic to be left "unfinished". :thumbs_up:

Its looking really great so far and the Morph Animation is cool too. :grin:

Level 10
Zerox, all your models are lovely and I find them extremely useful, for my purposes too.
But you never add any sort of team color of hero glow <.<

Returning on this model, the legs are screwed up but the rest is lovely and the anims are okay. I really love it. Now add some hero glow or team colour.

Level 5
Very nice model, tho morph animation is a bit screwed, he just kind of shrinks and decomposes...odd, ah well, still a good job.

U gonna do arthas???

Level 20
For those who are wondering I might do a cinematic Arthas model. I don't know though. XD Depends on if I feel like it later or not.

Leeroy I didn't add heroglow or team color at all so it fit the cinematic. Though if people prefer I could add it again.

I will try to fix the legs as they appear messed up in some animations (this is due to the fact that the legs aren't as similar in shape as the original model's were.)

And for those who are complaining about the morph animation open up magos and look at the Original EvilIllidan.mdx in Magos War3x.mpq>Units>NightElf>EvilIllidan>EvilIllidan.mdx its the same exact animation. XD It just doesn't have all the flashy effects.

Level 2
when I got it, it was only the shoulders up... is that how it is supposed to be???
just wondering, because it looked gruesome.

Level 2
NICE MODEL THANK YOU! FOR MAKING THIS 8/10!!:D Just change the Color of The Wings into Purple and i will DOWNLOAD IT!

PS: make Cinematic Arthas too =D

Level 20
It's a WOW RIP!!!
It's not extracted from wc3, it's a wow Night Elf!! It has no wings parts in the chest, it has the night elf feet, etc. It's not the cinematic arthas.

Yeah because every WoW model has the animations of the original DemonHunter in wc3 as well as all the same bones and an identical wings to the original DemonHunter.mdx. Your full of crap inico go extract it from the cinematic model yourself and you can line up the meshes and find them identical. The only thing I didn't keep was the wings because of the trouble I would have had by assigning them in MDLVIS to the old bones. Besides Illidan looks nothing like this in WoW. Get over yourself dude and don't flame my model.

Level 20
Kewl model zerox. How about making his wings as an attachment ? Animated of course.
btw. i m siraaron from warcraft unlimited.

Yeah i m pretty sure you still have no idea who i am. D:

No I recognize your name from Unlimited but I wouldn't have known otherwise. Anyway why do the wings need to be attachments? It's just more work to import and they work fine as they are already.

Level 2
I would really like this if you would put morph and morph alternate animations... I'd give this a 10/5 for that... But if you cant put it, can you teach me how to? I really want it... :D

Level 1
dude, u said u got the model file from your warcraft directory.. pls i need to know exactly where in the directory cuz i wanna make a model out of arthas from that cinematic.. or if u know someone who already made one from that, could you pls gimme the link to the model file?