• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Mill

Hello mortals! As I promised, quickly here comes Chaos mill, as reward for you being kind, and because you like my work and need more fel orc/demonic buildings.
Chaos Mill is alternate version of War Mill. Instead of regular rock, it uses dark volcanic rock from Outland/Black Citadel. Also it has removed some of elements from original version, but added more demonic elements such as hot sharp spikes, two spiked obelisks and red grate.
I hope you like it.

Keywords:
chaos mill, war mill, forge, chaos, mill, demon, fel, orc, black, outland, citadel
Contents

Chaos Mill (Model)

Reviews
Misha 25th Sep 2013 Moderator's Review: this one is groovy, but the corners of the building could use a tad bit better wrap, one little piece of the round-ish grate has something red on top, and the right side (model's left) of the red...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
25th Sep 2013
Moderator's Review:

this one is groovy, but the corners of the building could use a tad bit better wrap, one little piece of the round-ish grate has something red on top, and the right side (model's left) of the red stuff holder's foundation is not wrapped right. otherwise, great model :cgrin:
changed made, resource approved

Level 22
Looks like a demonic sacrificial altar with an oven add-on, the wood and circular saw doesn't fit somewhat. Maybe if the sawmill was sawing peasants instead...

Anyway, looks awesome.

Much better than the other one. Although you should consider changing the wooden poles that the board sits on as well as the wooden part of the saw into stone or at least darker wood; in my opinion only the wood being cut should be wood; bright-colored wood doesn't really fit being used in chaos structures in my opinion. I also still would have liked to see more of your own mesh and less combining of doodads, some of which are re-textured but still preserving their original shape, others of which have had their shape slightly changed.

4/5.

Level 22
I think he intended that, since that model is just disguising itself like a lumber mill but in reality it is a sacrificial altar, complete with a saw to service the peasants luckily wandering into it. After sawing, the demonic minions would throw the peasant's chunks onto the oven to cook. Mmm, yum.

Level 16
Oh my God, it's not approved yet?. Preposterous, this is blasphemy. (the old one was getting a tad boring :p).
---
On a serious note though, this does seem very useful and creatively made, it does give the 'chaos' / rage feeling to it.
although I can't agree on the wood quality, they don't seem to match with the rest of the model, perhaps using outland wood/mushrooms instead will work better.
nevertheless, I like it :))

Level 4
It looks pretty good overall, but those brick towers are annoying me. I mean, why are they made from bricks?

I'm... I'm gonna go with 4/5 this time... for now.

Level 6
oh, another chaos building :D
the component is dragon skin and rock huh? :ogre_hurrhurr:
___
EDIT: look the saw and wood isnt fitted yet....

I think he intended that, since that model is just disguising itself like a lumber mill but in reality it is a sacrificial altar, complete with a saw to service the peasants luckily wandering into it. After sawing, the demonic minions would throw the peasant's chunks onto the oven to cook. Mmm, yum.

Careful; your sadistic nature is coming out. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 5
I like the Model! :D 4/5 - I don't like much of the chimney texture... But nice model!
Do you will release some more?

Level 22
I like the wood texture update, the old one made it look like just out of the box match sticks. I rated it 5 out 5. But there aren't peasants being sawed, man... you promised...