• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CaveTroll

credits to Just_Spectating!!!

i just made edits to the abomination model on a request, but then decided to upload here as well.

removed bugs flying around
removed TC and the corresponding material
removed 3rd arm
removed stomach organ and bones/ribs
removed unneeded bones
welded some points together
improved wrap
enlarged the abominably tiny foot to match the other one
enlarged the left arm (thx Dan van Ohllus ^^)
made the chain longer
added a bone for the chain and edited all animations
replaced the cleaver with a club
made the stomach smaller

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

- update 29.05.2010 20:03 GMT:
added an extra bone for the chain and added the club. edited all animations.
- update 06.06.2010 22:02 GMT:
made stomach smaller as requested in this thread. edited wrap.

Keywords:
lotr, lord of the rings, orks. troll, cave troll, abomination, abominable, ugly, stupid, me smash you, trololo
Contents

CaveTroll (Model)

CaveTroll (Model)

Reviews
13:59, 2nd Jun 2010 General Frank: You should make the legs a bit thick and both the same size. 3rd June 2010: Changes are made, model approved.

M

13:59, 2nd Jun 2010
General Frank:

You should make the legs a bit thick and both the same size.

3rd June 2010:
Changes are made, model approved.

Level 14
optimize in any other way than automatic? cause ive done the regular one with mdlvis.

i didnt want to remove any of the 2 weapons, cause then the attack animations would look weird, best thing i could do would be to replace the cleaver with a club for example, cause they could be of similar mass and length&volume, so the animation would be okay.

Level 14
for the reasons i mentioned before i couldnt do much more than replacing the cleaver with a club imo. but i really dont have any clever idea what to replace the meat hook with - something that in case of flinging around would act similarly.

Level 9
Wow very cool model. Looks very much with the real one.
Suggestion: An armoured version of it[as seen in LOTR:The Return of the King] would be cool.

Level 14
updated.

is there anyone who could aid me with the geoset animations and particles? cause i think there are some unnecessary particles and the arm doesnt need to pulsate anymore.

EDIT: im gonna mention that i do know how to remove these forementioned things, but idk how to identify them - which is which and where and when.

Last edited:
Level 13
Better now but there are things that needs to be changed imo.
New texture for the club, make it either wooden or stone.
Reduce the belly, the cave trolls are not fat at all.
And about the flail thing, it's just a chain? Attach something to the end of it or if you want it like the movie pls make the chain longer.

Level 2
His main hand is too big. Abominations were not at all symmetrical so it must be hard to creat something symmetrical out of them. Resize the main hand and the shoulder a bit if you can. The flail as a weapon is a good idea as well.

Level 14
uh sry for procrastinating. updated the model finally with a screenshot.

to see the new screenshot press CTRL+F5 on your keyboard!!! (at least with firefox). and when you open the new screenshot (for more detail) then you probably must click CTRL+F5 again.

Level 14
u must work on shape..also u can find a better texture..so 2/5

lol i dont mind your rating.
but i didnt try to create the tolkien cave troll like in the movie. i actually havent even seen it much. i was just editing the abomination model to better fit for all your cave trolling needs. and no, you cant find a much better texture than this (btw it isnt made by me; read the description). ofc you can try and make a better one if you like. i dont mind. :D

Level 6
lol i dont mind your rating.
but i didnt try to create the tolkien cave troll like in the movie. i actually havent even seen it much. i was just editing the abomination model to better fit for all your cave trolling needs. and no, you cant find a much better texture than this (btw it isnt made by me; read the description). ofc you can try and make a better one if you like. i dont mind. :D

You dont mind my rating??..ohh no..yes you do^^ 2/5 makes you angry like your cave troll :D:D or maybe ur right..i'm just a simple member,just one of thousands...:)

Level 4
Oh... it is just awsome . thanks to Just_Spectating and karland90 for this cavetroll :) (Its one of my favorite creatures in LotR ) ^^ 5/5