• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Captain Marwyn

Alliance and Scourge versions of Marwyn.

Keywords:
Knight, Footman, Warrior, Hero, Executioner, Death Knight, Reaper, Arthas, Alliance, Scourge, Scythe
Contents

Captain Marwyn (Model)

Captain Marwyn (Model)

Reviews
10:57, 28th Oct 2015 Misha: Marwyn-tastic
Arthas, Falric and Marwyn all go through a progression. Deathguard Falric's skin becomes discolored at that point, where he remains on his mount.

The Scourge-aligned Marwyn, in my view of his progression, is slightly more well-preserved than Falric. If you check their animations, I'd included cinematic ones for my own eventual use. My intention is that Marwyn's dark glowing eyes and such are all a direct result of him interacting with something while alive.

Also, I've decided that Marwyn wouldn't really need a Northrend version of himself, which I'd originally intended to show that whatever Marwyn interacted with changed his hair color from brown to black.

Level 11
As I wait for Luc Valonforth, I'll say it's another surprising and yet useful model you always create. With each new Captain turning out splendid. I always have to set some animations within the editor. But I do agree with the fact you are right.

Not all Death Knights have dark and rotting skin, which we can clearly see in game series and by lore fact standards. Also, there was Lilian Voss, a Forsaken trooper, with purple eyes. So not all undead have blue eyes. I am also fascinated by his appearance. It brings the feeling as if you can imagine him as a former bandit turned good that is filled with regrets during his whole journey. The conversion into Undead just making him filled with more regret and further reminding him of his past, but then again... just my imagination.

Well done again and splendid model. I hope you also add the Arthas Frostmourne cinematic animations. Since it's kind of being a bummer for me. :eek:

Look into Marwyn's WoW lines. He comes off as a sadist. My intention was that, yes, he WAS a bandit, but he never lost his edge.

I wanted to give him a Headsman-like appearance, which also fits his grim personality. Falric was fanatically loyal to Arthas, while Marwyn was... Enamored by his carnage, and revelled in his chance to spread death for the Scourge.

Roland

R

Roland

His helmet looks like space ghost but in brown version. Well I like it. Not bad :D

Level 2
Well,since I am just a simple humble user,I suppose nobody would ever read this,but still..What ia wanted to say is that it would be nice if you could change the helmet on undead version to one you use on normal human model and make it black,so he would still look like an executor.Yeah and keep his eyes glowing.It will look real sinister.Just a suggestion,nothing more.You could also ignore me thou