• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balloon Transport

A simple balloon transport.

- Uses in-game textures
- Custom animations
- File size: 7kb

Give credits if you use it

Keywords:
Hot, air, balloon, flying, transport
Contents

Balloon Transport (Model)

Reviews
18:33, 14th Mar 2010 DonDustin: very useful model with a creative concept

M

18:33, 14th Mar 2010
DonDustin: very useful model with a creative concept

Level 5
Nice looks like the balloons of Populous - The Beginning :D would love to see that game remade in warcraft...

Does it have attachments, so you can attach units in the balloon? So you can see there is a unit inside, and what kind of unit?

Nice looks like the balloons of Populous - The Beginning :D would love to see that game remade in warcraft...

Does it have attachments, so you can attach units in the balloon? So you can see there is a unit inside, and what kind of unit?

Populous the Beginning was actually the inspiration behind this model.
However, that game cannot properly be remade in warcraft 3 because terrain deformations cause wc3 to desync very easily.

Also, this model doesn't have an attachment points.

Level 5
Yeah you're right.. But without the terrain deformation then... Spells like Volcano, Lightning, etc are already in WC3 and most of the spells are easily made..

But there is one thing that will be very hard I guess, and thats the system that all units can be thrown for example in the water by the force of for example a lighting strike etc. There are some knockback systems in WC3, but I don't think it will ever work like it does with Populous..

Yeah you're right.. But without the terrain deformation then... Spells like Volcano, Lightning, etc are already in WC3 and most of the spells are easily made..

But there is one thing that will be very hard I guess, and thats the system that all units can be thrown for example in the water by the force of for example a lighting strike etc. There are some knockback systems in WC3, but I don't think it will ever work like it does with Populous..

The knockback and throwing units around wouldn't be that hard at all.

But a populous map without the terrain altering spells would be pointless.
Also, the wc3 volcano is nothing compared to the one seen in populous.