• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft Model Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi, everybody

well, i thought, maybe i could help some modellers that want to make World of Warcraft models, so i found this site, http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/wowmodelview/

on this site you have the possibilty to download the file called: WoWmodelview 0.3

with this file you can watch ALL models from World of Warcraft + making your OWN model!! you can put clothes on it etc. that comes DIRECTLY from World of Warcraft!!

here are some pictures of the programme:

Picture 1
ss07.jpg

Picture 2
ss05.jpg

Picture 3
ss02.jpg

its a very easy programme, you dont need to do all kinds of difficult things to finally start up the programme, below there is a short but simple guide for the people that want to use this programme:

Guide:

Getting Started

- first you push on the link i gave you

- then push on the words "Download WoWmodelview 0.3"

- then choose one of the Mirror Sites you want to download the file from (tip: if you live in the Netherlands, then choose the mirror site at the top of the screen!!)

- when you have chosen your mirror site DONT push on it, but look at the RIGHT side of THAT mirror site, there you see this:

Download
885 kb

- push on the page icon left of it, then the file will download, if it doesnt, listen to what they say on THAT page and click on: http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wowmapview/wowmodelview-0.3.zip

- after you downloaded it, put it in one of your files and UNZIP it, i've used WinRAR so i dont know if all other unzip programmes work, so i recommend you to just use WinRAR

Starting Up The Programme

- now you just push on the file you saved the "World of Warcraft modelviewer 0.3" in and search for the file: wowmodelviewer

- now you start it up by pushin twice on it, and voilá, you can start viewing the original WoW models + making your own character just like in REAL World of Warcraft!!

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 6
well, in first place i have never said this was also a programme to convert models, i said this was soem kind of help for people that want to make World of Warcraft models

second, its not for most par level 60 stuff, that depands on what you give them to wear, i have World of Warcraft myself and i do know A BIT witch stuff is level 60 stuff ore not

so, please, this is just for your help, dudes, dont get mad all the sudden :p

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

Level 6
if you mean if you can change skin color etc. then i say yes, this programme is just made for people that are curious to what things look like on models, and for some people it might be usefull that want to make models for their porject and cant find deason pictures
on the internet

but remember, i havent made this programme! so dont post credit to me, i just thought, maybe TaurenWarrior=Darkhorde=Taur need this for his Unsung Legends project ore maybe Beantony would also need it for his War 3 WoW project (though that project is currently down i think)

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

Level 3
Omg, that looks awesome! But it doesnt work for me.

Im not a newb at comp, and i did everything i could think of!

When i click on the program, it wont start up

i downloaded the iteam thingy and replaced it, got the sorce code but it dosent help.

I tryed it on 3 comps, can anyone help?

Level 25
Works fine for me

You need WoW obviously

Also, I really need to argue with the creator. Firstly, I can't view any Quiraji skins on the Prophet. Secondly, no skins on the bat creature. Thirdly, can't view the Pandaren skin on the Furbolg. Forthly, can't view bear skins on the bear cub

Level 6
ok I've been gone for some while, lots of things happened, got some virus and shit but to clear things out:

YOU DO NEED WORLD OF WARCRAFT (WoW) TO RUN THIS PROGRAMME, EXPERIANCES HAS TOLD ME AND OTHERS THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED IT!!

Ok, if there is anyone that could still use this programme, download it 9if it's still avaiable!!

I'll be gone soon again I'm going to make new WoW account, and buy the game again!!

Thanks,
Nazghul_Master

Status
Not open for further replies.