• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Building Birth Animation & Death Animation Particle Emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 42
Warcraft III Building Birth Animation
Any Tips and Tricks?
how to make a good one?

I can Make some Simple one which is Pretty Ugly, have any Idea Make A better and EyeCandy Birth animation?

And Building Death Animation's Good Particle Emitter Settings and sound/effect and stuff?

Edit: There are A lot of Style of Birth Animation, I'd Prefer this is a Disscussion, so I hope people Show some good Birth animation for me to refer and Find My own Birth animation style :p

Edit2: And Discuss which Animation Style is More User/OCD Friendly

depend on the kind of model and effect you want.

If you want boom/kaputt effects at death. You must use some basic fire particle emitter which dissolves and some Squirt particle emitters which blow a bunch of particle at once.

Squirt Particle emitters are tricky since the emission rate must be animated in order to work. What you normaly do is set up your settings to be squirt and the display properties and then you add emission keys where you want to throw a bunch of particles at once.

For birth if it's building then normaly blend dusts do the trick on a set area. I suggest you use gmax for this purpose since you can see the particle emitters length and width in it.

Also so birth is common to also use some ribbon emitters if it's magicly building up. Normaly a ribbon emitter which keeps rotating around and has negative gravity.

Level 20
Hey guys! I was looking right for a thread like this.
I just want to create a simple building model, using the doodad Crator0.mdx
I saw a custom model "Beastpit.mdx" around the site, and it has a generic birth animation using particles as a way to "hide" the building model while it slowly pops up from below the ground. I've managed to copy and paste all the parameters for the animation to work on the crater but it works only on the "stand" animation, since there is just that in the whole sequence manager list.
Thus i've created a new animation called "birth" and copy'n pasted the corrisponding parameters, but lol, the animation now shows on both "stand" and "birth". Any way to fix this? Also, what about if i want to have a "upgrade" animation with another kind of building popping up from beneath the upgrading crater? And which parameters/stuff do i need to imput?
Thank you in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.