• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 60
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Emerald Nightmare

142431-albums5911-picture80847.png

Units:

Buildings:

Author's Notes:

Last edited:
Level 8
What do you plan on doing with the Karazhan buildings? I am very interested in that. Are you going to make all the building with that texture?

Level 60
What do you plan on doing with the Karazhan buildings? I am very interested in that. Are you going to make all the building with that texture?

Yeah, those. It was just an experiment where textures from WoW are used. My main goal is to make Draenei buildings using the textures from WoD.

This is just Insane you're modifying everything now. This is Awesome XD Plus rep, maybe you could do actual night elven buildings next? Edit: You could use the Hunter's hall texture for the night elf buildings.

Buildings with Night Elf textures? The Gilnean series pretty much covered that.

Wow, youre getting far now, Very impressive models. The demon buildings might be useful to replace the demon race's undead ones in Sfa's

Just did. I managed to sneak in the Demon buildings in my maps where Demons are involved.

Anyways, I'm gonna work on the icons for the Forsaken and Bamboo buildings. After that, I'm kinda free again I guess.

Level 4
I would love Nerubian buildings a little bit upgraded - because you certainly grown in skill and craft from time when you made those first time ;) . Can I also suggest some Darkiron Dwarven and Drakkari Icetroll sets? Because I need those in my campaign.

Level 4
As I've said on the previous page, because you may overlooked it (I'm always worried about this when new posts after mine make new page :p ) - I propose Darkiron Dwarven and upgraded Nerubian buildings ;) . Could you consider changing birth animation of second ones to less... undeady sort of thing?

Level 60
As I've said on the previous page, because you may overlooked it (I'm always worried about this when new posts after mine make new page :p ) - I propose Darkiron Dwarven and upgraded Nerubian buildings ;) . Could you consider changing birth animation of second ones to less... undeady sort of thing?

I'm not sure about the Dark Irons.

Anyways, the icons for Forsaken buildings are up.

EDIT: Since I've got nothing better to do, I've begun experimenting on stuff. I combined SinisterX's custom textures for High Elf buildings with my Gilnean buildings. Here's the result:

attachment.php

Attachments

• HighElfTownHall.png
    HighElfTownHall.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 1,466
Last edited:
Level 4
This altar is great ^^ ! You are truly an artist Ujimasa.

I can also suggest Sporeling set, that would be really amazing to see ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 60
Updated the Ancient Temple as well:

models_12614_screenshot.jpg

and made another Altar:

142431-albums5911-picture81077.png

Anyways, I see a lot of you are eager in suggesting other races but you're gonna have to give something more concrete like what texture to use and what buildings to wrap it with.

EDIT: So while there's nothing really going on, I think I'm going to Highbornify the Human Shipyard and Bamboofy the Alpha version of the Orc Barracks.

Last edited:
Level 4
For me you should go with more ziggurate feeling, if you are ever going to update Nerubianopolis/Nerubian townhall. You could also consider making shipyard for them, basing perhaps more on Horde one than Undead.

As for Dark Iron, 'cause I'm suggesting you to take a closer look on that - textures from Undead and Human buildings should do fine, with a little bit of creative work, just like you did in Gilnean set. I see them more arcane than standard Dwarven ones, and more sophisticated also. Using some altered Boneyard as sort of caster making/summoning elementals building should be nice.

As for Sporelings - I see this as using Night Elven birth animation (a little bit edited of course, shrooms instead of trees and so on) set, perhaps using Lost Ones things you already made up?

Have you though about contacting SinisterX, who made awesome Draenei building pack?

By the way - a little to many spider things on this updated Nerubian models, but that's just me. I always pictured Nerubian buildings as Egyptian/Byzantine ones, not exactly drow architecture, that you seem to go for here. Just by the way - perhaps Qiraji/Silithid set based on Nerubian one, but more reddish and insect-like?

Level 8
Someone in here mentioned real Night Elf buildings. I think a full tech tree of buildings using the Hunter's Hall texture would be quite nice. I'd imagine using the Human (or close to) build construction animation would fit best. Either way, you make things that I always imagine in my head and that I would make if I knew the first thing about modelling. Keep it up man.

Oh, but definitely retexture the Orc buildings with the Troll hut texture. That is something that has been long needed. We 'need' Troll buildings, mon.

Level 60
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Fel Horde

Units:

Buildings:

Author's Notes:
  • You can watch the video previews here.
  • Wrapping of Birth animation inspired by Frankster's Altar of Terror.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh, but definitely retexture the Orc buildings with the Troll hut texture. That is something that has been long needed. We 'need' Troll buildings, mon.
Definitely. In fact, I've got several ideas for buildings that could be considered... For you, Ujimasa, I've thrown together a list of possible Textures (in the MPQs) that might be of use, as well as my thoughts.

~war3.mpq~
LordSNatural.blp
Wards1.blp
Watchtower.blp
hut.blp

~war3x.mpq~
Textures:
wards1.blp
TrollSymbol1.blp
Ruins_Staircase.blp
Ruins_Rubble.blp
Ruins_Rock.blp (base for Troll blds?)
RuinsWalls.blp
RuinsDoodads1.blp
RuinsDoodads0.blp
HeroShadowHunter.blp
Bunker.blp
Buildings/Orc/VoodooLounge/VoodooLounge.blp (no duh)

Basically, (Jungle) Troll buildings fall into one of 2 main camps: "Degenerate" and "Ancient".
- "Degenerate" would be characterized by the classic logs, wood, and bone construction, with minimal amounts of masonry. Ramshackle, un-sturdy creations with skewed angles and haunting interiors (Voodoo Lounge, the neutral Huts, etc). Buildings such as the Troll's "Farm", their "Barracks", their "Shop" (a nasty 'Ritual Circle' with bones & big evil carved Runestones with a boiling pot), and their "Tower" (haunting super-Sentry Wards) would be like this.
- "Ancient" would be harking back to their history as an prolific and powerful continent-spanning empire; the Gurubashi kingdom was massive and great. This would be typified by stone as well as wood & bone, but not the stone found on Human/Dwarven/Orcish buildings; more like the (Sunken) Ruins textures (Naga-esque, IMO). Buildings such as the Troll's "Town Hall" (as aforementioned) and perhaps some of the late-tier buildings would be constructed from this.

What might be really useful is to see the (hidden/Beta) Nerubian Ziggurat model, rewrapped with that sort of "Ruins" texture, then made wider and more rectangular (so as to be the base to a building). In fact, the "Troll Town Hall" could be placed upon successive layers of a "Ziggurat-like" building such as this.

~~~

Just some thoughts. I've got more, as well as some crude artwork to scan in if you are looking for more. :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Not really sure about the Sunken Ruins tileset. I already used it for my Highborne series. I can see the those Sunken Ruins textures working well with the Orc buildings though.
Hm. Well, granted I don't necessarily have the same artistic 'eye' that you do... However, consider that not everyone is going to use all your models in the same map(s). My maps, for example, are not troubled by the textures used in your Highborne models (since I'm just doing Jungle Trolls :p).

Also, what was the issue you were saying earlier about the Voodoo Lounge's "TC log" wrapped on the Gargoyle Spire? I really have/had high hopes for that one...

Level 60
Hm. Well, granted I don't necessarily have the same artistic 'eye' that you do... However, consider that not everyone is going to use all your models in the same map(s). My maps, for example, are not troubled by the textures used in your Highborne models (since I'm just doing Jungle Trolls :p).

So your'e fine with rewrapped Orc buildings then?

Also, what was the issue you were saying earlier about the Voodoo Lounge's "TC log" wrapped on the Gargoyle Spire? I really have/had high hopes for that one...

The mesh of the Gargoyle Spire isn't a complete cylinder.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So your'e fine with rewrapped Orc buildings then?
Personally, or in general? In general (like, for your purposes & others), sure, why not. For me... Yes and no. 'Yes' because they might provide a good base (though they would need some minor/major editing, because...), and 'No' because for myself in particular, I'm working on Jungle Trolls as a "5th race addition", i.e. a faction meant to played alongside the existing 4. Having simply re-wrapped Orc buildings probably wouldn't be enough; a variety of edits would probably be 'necessary'. That being said, that'll probably be the case anyway, since Trollish architecture =! Orcish architecture in general.

Currently, I'm standing on these models:

Altar.JPG
ALTAR: Thanks to Deolrin

Barracks1.JPG
BARRACKS: Thanks to Deolrin

Barracks2.JPG
BARRACKS2: Yours... I kinda like the spikes & TC wings, though.

Farm1.JPG
FARM: Tree-hut, thanks to Deolrin

Farm2.JPG
FARM2: Yours... But I like the base (& again, TC flap)

Mill.JPG
MILL: Classic Beta; fits well I thought

TownHall.JPG
TOWN HALL: Thanks to RightField, Modded by Yours Truly & Deolrin

CasterBarracks.JPG
CASTER BARRACKS: Thanks to Retera (and Kam), though I'm not sure I can use it... Maybe without the stone sides (see above).

With that in mind, the real problem is merely the utter dearth of Troll models. Aside from the ones' I've listed, there's almost nothing in terms of Barrack's' (Basic, Advanced, Caster, Siege, Ranged, Melee, Creature, etc), no Shop, no Towers (well, not like I envisioned them :p). So something is better than nothing. I could see some things working out; a 'Flyer Barracks' made from a modified Gargoyle Spire, or a 'Creature Barracks' made from something like this or even this, modified & retextured... A Shop called the "Ritual Circle", made after the pattern of
TROLL Ritual Circle2 (hai ookami).jpg

Stuff like that. I have more & more, but I don't want to inundate your thread. :p Thoughts?

Ujimasa Hojo said:
The mesh of the Gargoyle Spire isn't a complete cylinder.
Hm, it isn't? I know there's that big "hole" in the front (and side?), but I figured that could just be a carved hunk, with the log-wrap wrapping around it... I guess I'd have to see it. I was trying to get VertexModifier to work so I could try it myself, but I didn't get a PM response back from you. Would you happen to have the "COMDGO32.X" (or whatever) file?

//EDIT// Just opened it up and yes, it is indeed a bit weird; might be hard to wrap a log around. In that case, I think I'd have to edit it a bit so that the log *would* fit.