• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ugly Troll Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was made for a schooltask last month and earlier.
It was made from a troll concept I posted on a sketch thread and in DeviantArt.

The model itself is around 16k trices and about 9k polygons (I would consider it as Hi-Poly). Done with 3DS max 9.
Note that meshsmooth was only used on hair, horns, brah and teeth. The rest was modeled mesh by mesh.

The model uses normal map, diffuse map and specular map for the cinematic-hi-res-like effect (I thank Zbrush 3.1 for the normal map conversion), though it got a lil shiny when rendered. Though some parts of the textures isn't perfect imo.

Topology isn't perfect, but I wouldn't think the model's proportions are off very much.

I've also uploaded the 2D concept image, which was redrawn from Werewulf's drawover, which itself was a touchup from my older troll sketch.

EDIT:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25815&d=1206623131
Added a zip file link (from my animation experiment thread), containing two short loops of the troll's animations, one with Idle and one with Walk.

Attachments

• render03.jpg
    render03.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4,795
  • render01.jpg
    render01.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 796
  • render02.jpg
    render02.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Concept_Art.jpg
    Concept_Art.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,816
Level 7
MeshSmooth modifier? That taxes your processor a bit. I'd try turbosmooth with isoline display on. :p

At least if you were going to do a high-poly scene with it. I work on a daily basis with a 3.4 million polygon count scene, so I guess small stuff like that matters to me. :D haha, but anyway... onto more critique.

You're getting quite a bit of darker shades near the tops of the barrel type pants it has, whatever that is... I'd suggest adding another line through all of that area, so that when it subdivides the mesh, you will get a much smoother group.

And if you're hitting 11,000 or so tri's, might as well turbosmooth the rest of you're stuff while you're at it, since you already can't use it in-game. :D

Other than these small nit-picky things, it looks good so far. Keep up the good work. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.