• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange ribbon emitter behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I played a bit around with ribbon emitters and there is a strange issue I cannot explain myself.

I use a SIN function to get the coordinates of half of a SIN period,
using the function y = SIN( 0,5*x) with x =< PI() and x >= 0

However, the emitted particles behave strange:

attachment.php

Why are they thinner in the middle ?
All ribbon emitters ( one per color) are attached to a bone moving the SIN function. But they are never rotated.
I thought about making them camera anchored, but apparently it crashes the WE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, thanks, I will try it! ( I actually just created a circle moving bone right before this post :D )

Though I wonder why it gets thinner.
I did some testing, making it an attachment like nyan cat, and it seems to get thinner when the unit/ the attachment changes its height.

It should not happen with a static model though.

Hm, thanks, I will try it! ( I actually just created a circle moving bone right before this post :D )

Though I wonder why it gets thinner.
I did some testing, making it an attachment like nyan cat, and it seems to get thinner when the unit/ the attachment changes its height.

It should not happen with a static model though.

See the GIF and you will understand
gif.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

ohhh, well, that explains it. Thank you, Hayate :)

Couldn't I rotate the emitter to prevent this happening ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well that i am not sue, the knowldge i have here is very limited

After the GIF you gave me it should, if ribbon emitters are emitting on a square based place, then rotating this place should retrieve what I would like to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.