• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ODST v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ODST by GhostThruster
.rar | .mdx | .blp | Highres .tga | Icon

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Based on the Orbital Drop Shock Trooper from Halo, a revamped version of my old ODST model that is currently uploaded on the Hive models database.

The reason I have not uploaded this model to the Hive is mostly due to the fact that it's for a private map of mine, which will explain the lack of anims. This also explains why I could not be bothered to make the entirety of the model's mesh;
Despite the fact that the first source states in his signature that any of his models are editable, and the second source originating from an inactive user (and already edited/uploaded by Kimbo), I still don't want to upload officially. However, taking this into account should you download this resource YOU MUST GIVE CREDITS TO TARRASQUE AND AZNWHORE, IN ADDITION TO MYSELF. Now that that's out of the way, I give permission for you to edit any bits of the model or texture that you want. Just give credits properly.

If a moderator has a problem with this thread, then.... wait why? Firstly I'm respectfully and gratefully acknowledging that I used others' works. Secondly it's not an 'official' upload. Thirdly, I'm still going to use it in my project, you'd just be depriving other users of using it for their personal projects too.

Model Info:

- 1404 762 polygons
- can attach my SMG model to this model's "hand, right"
- lack of an attack anim because eventually I'll just add a muzzleflash effect
- "spell" anim is jumping, "spell throw" is grenade throwing/slashing a combat knife
- has decay anims, but don't expect an ugly 'gutz'

Attachments

• ODSTtga.tga
    764.3 KB · Views: 247
  • ODST.blp
    49.2 KB · Views: 328
  • ODST.rar
    67.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 5.png
    5.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,918
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 3,205
  • 3.png
    3.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 3,249
  • 1.png
    1.png
    120 KB · Views: 2,123
  • 2.png
    2.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,885
  • ODST.mdx
    41.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
here is final mesh and texture. dont import into world editor, itll crash due to the stand anim.
ive fixed his visor, removed the unnecessary knee pads, and hopefully made him look a bit bulkier (the main problem was his slender, effeminate legs).

onto animating i go!

why does no one ever comment in my threads? i dont bite, tell me wat any of u think of the model.

Attachments

• ODSTv2.mdx
    36.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I've done a bit of a paint over showing some ways I think you could improve the mesh. I made the helmet wider, softened and rounded the edges of the chest piece, brought both the chest piece and the shoulders up a bit higher, made it wider to give him a slightly larger build. I also tried playing around with the jetpack, but couldn't figure out exactly what I would change about that, but something looks off about it to me. In the image I have my paint over with and without the jetpack (crudely copy and pasted back in on the far right).

Overall this is some very cool stuff. I'm a huge fan of Halo so I I'll be paying attention to this! Good luck finishing it.

Attachments

• ODST.png
    ODST.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 2,040
new screenies of the updated mesh. gonna make an smg model

EDIT:
attachment.php

finished smg mesh, yet to wrap it. its low poly (105), but itll have a good texture and its an attachment anyway. since i made the smg freehand i will upload onto hive

EDIT 2:
attachment.php
i imported its geoset into the odst model and arranged some bits to get a preview of the final in-game product

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 2.png
    2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 3.png
    3.png
    83 KB · Views: 220
  • SMG_wip1.png
    SMG_wip1.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,093
  • SMG_wip2.png
    SMG_wip2.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 2,289
Last edited:
need some help if anyone is even looking inside this thread :/

i finished the smg's mesh and texture, and everything was going fine. then i imported the texture via magos and added it as a material... and the whole fucking thing went black. when you view it in magos and in-game, the model seems like its wrap is screwed or something, but the strange thing is the texture itself is fine and the model looks exactly how its meant to in mdlvis and wc3viewer. below is the attached smg, and images of it viewed in wc3viewer and magos, if anyone cud help out or find the problem it'd be super awesome.

Attachments

• ingamesmg.png
    ingamesmg.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 187
  • normalsmg.jpg
    normalsmg.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 280
  • M7S.mdx
    6.7 KB · Views: 172
  • M7S.blp
    130.8 KB · Views: 186
status update:
finished stand and walk anims (for smg)
still to do death, spell throw, and spell jump anims. also gonna make a magnum model (and appropriate anims)
i plan on adding a muzzle-flash effect that will eliminate the need for an attack anim.

unfortunately, my model's attachment points are incompatible with several models such as fingolfin's covenant weapons. since i am making the odst for personal use (and thereby also making weapons of my own that fit my model specifically), this wont affect me much. but i will give everyone permission to edit my model's attachment points/any weapon models i make.

Attachments

• ingameodstwip.png
    ingameodstwip.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 339
BIG UPDATE; finished animating, and overhauled the OP.

you can download the odst, but:
- Read the description and GIVE CREDITS
- Expect to be disappointed with the number of anims, which may or may not change
- Don't expect me to constantly update the model, since I've no fear of rejection
- If you want a higher resolution texture, download the .tga and convert it to .blp yourself
- You can edit it in any way, shape, or form but you must still give credits properly

Status
Not open for further replies.