• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Goblin Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've Currently Decided I'm going to make a new goblin model as of a few hours ago :D and this is what I've come up with.

Tips plz (Trying to be as detailed as possible) Will release for Wc3 but I might use it in my oRPG that I'm making outside of Wc3

attachment.php

Attachments

• GoblinHeadMirrored2.PNG
    GoblinHeadMirrored2.PNG
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,431
Here is the Poly count :p I will recommend this model for campaign maps xD or maps that only have 1 hero type.

attachment.php

Very high poly

I'm teaching myself how to make better models so I can start creating a real orpg. The head is finished (besides the eyes and texture of course) not sure yet how I'm going to finish they eyes :p

Attachments

• GoblinHeadMirrored4.PNG
    GoblinHeadMirrored4.PNG
    168 KB · Views: 1,116
Level 51
no I don't think that he's doing that. His avatar is a bit of a artwork from blizz for WOW-Cataclsym, and this is..... something completly else.... anyway, stay on topic :)

The model is really great, but why are you always making what I tried before???first shadowmourne and now this.... that's really confusing :(
naaa, just kidding. like I said, it's really great, and please let the ears like they are, I love these super-mega big long ears from the goblins:grin:

EDIT: Forgot something: You could also please change the chest, because it isn't really goblin like. They usually have "anoraxic" or just thin breasts, they're not bodybuilders. But if it is for your own need that he is soooo muscular, than it's no problem :eek:)

Last edited:
Level 8
if your going to use those ears, i suggest you atleast tilt them more back like your avatar so it doesn't look like a bunny lol also i can see your going for a high poly count so:

1. Id suggest a program that can make quads since they run smoother

2. Id also suggest putting the goblin in a T shape stance so it would be easier to animate

Also id suggest making the abs less defined in the model and make up for it in the texture because they look like they is something under its skin bulging out.....can we get chest wires when its done?

if your going to use those ears, i suggest you atleast tilt them more back like your avatar so it doesn't look like a bunny lol also i can see your going for a high poly count so:

1. Id suggest a program that can make quads since they run smoother

2. Id also suggest putting the goblin in a T shape stance so it would be easier to animate

Also id suggest making the abs less defined in the model and make up for it in the texture because they look like they is something under its skin bulging out.....can we get chest wires when its done?

1) if I knew how to use a better program I would xD *or could afford it o_O*

2) Yeah I've already thought of that and am in the process of changing it ^^

3) and yeah the abbs are less defined now, but taking a break for a few hours xD modeling like this is a lot of work :D

Level 7
Well, everyone can see that... And, I see everyone says this, and I Agree, make the ears Point backwards, You know, that makes a pleasing look, and you can make the chin go back a little, or forward a little, and the nose forward a bit. At that point it will look perfect.
P.S. You mentioned some oRPG makings outside of Warcraft...

Level 8
because of the way the outside of the biceps are, it looks as if he is wearing a tank top from the front also the fact that the front is more proportional than the side is weird so maybe widen the body on the side

Level 15
it looks like a goblin, just not a lot like a wc3 goblin because of the extreme detail in the muscles. And the head is so big.. it should be triangular and scaled down by the Y to make the head look less long, and if your aim is high poly, consider adding more features on the face

Level 8
5000 polies in triangles O_O i can see the model deformations already during animations....triangle-using models are generally meant for low polied models which will have deformation but it truly doesnt matter, while quads are meant for high polys so it with move smoothly so good luck with getting this guy to move smooth with many weird situations

Status
Not open for further replies.