• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My models and WIPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi, just want to combine and show you my models and WIPs :wink:

Diablos
models_13924_screenshot.jpg

Naga Assassin
models_13861_screenshot.jpg

Female Gunner
models_12143_screenshot.jpg

IcyWolf
models_12168_screenshot.jpg

The Arbiter v1

The Arbiter v2

v1:
models_12225_screenshot.jpg

v2:
models_12195_screenshot.jpg

Diretroll Berserker

140287d1413975962-my-models-wips-diretrollberserker.jpg

140302d1414045556-my-models-wips-diretrollberserker_y.jpg

Naga GuardianCommander

219468-albums6549-picture90274.jpg

Hope to have more feedback :)

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Oh wow, very interesting. I'm excited for that Earth Elemental, though I admit it's definitely a very different direction than I was thinking.

I'd be interested to see the "flora/hairy-armed gorilla" style, but I agree with Deolrin that in order to fit with your others, armor seems necessary. Finally, though, don't forget about COOL CRYSTALS
tumblr_me5qxx9byg1re9h2go1_500.jpg

Level 20
Thanks, Relle.

About the Earth Elemental, i'v changed my mind, i'll make it a no-legs-flying-with-armors elemental (so it could fit the rest my my elementals) with a combination of Sand, Rock and Tree(optional), its like i'll make him a simple body (sand) and then i'll add heavy-armors (rock-crystal) for him.

He should look like a heavy-armor warrior with 2 big shields on his arms (for combating purpose), in alternate form, he picks up 2 huge weapons from the ground (i still dont know what would fit, it maybe a couple of Sand(Rock) swords or hammers...etc but yeah, i'll decide that later, want to see your feedback too), so thats how the Earth Elemental might be.

Also i saw my elder-brother played FinalFantasy week ago, and i was kinda inlove with that "Diablos" from that game, so i decided to make 1, here's the WIP (i use custom textures coz im too lazy to create armors and stuffs lol xD) and the size wont exceed 200mb.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    193.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    213.6 KB · Views: 384
Level 7
I specifically like your elementals since I prefer abstract things than fine details. What i got from your pics is that Inside the same armor like containers the essence of fire, water and darkness can be stored though u have used separate ones. Anyways i think they will turn into nice models

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Cool Diablos thing. I like those anims.

Thanks, Relle.

About the Earth Elemental, i'v changed my mind, i'll make it a no-legs-flying-with-armors elemental (so it could fit the rest my my elementals) with a combination of Sand, Rock and Tree(optional), its like i'll make him a simple body (sand) and then i'll add heavy-armors (rock-crystal) for him.

He should look like a heavy-armor warrior with 2 big shields on his arms (for combating purpose), in alternate form, he picks up 2 huge weapons from the ground (i still dont know what would fit, it maybe a couple of Sand(Rock) swords or hammers...etc but yeah, i'll decide that later, want to see your feedback too), so thats how the Earth Elemental might be.
In-teresting... I have a hard time seeing an Earth Elemental flying (especially when there are so many cool alternatives; sand-striding, earth-walking, etc.

Like the armor ideas, though.

Level 20
K so the Earth Elemental wont be established in anytime soon (but not never) coz i dont really have much time to make some complex animations that i planned to (i really want them just cant take much time for it :c, not to mention the laziness ._.), so i made a model which will use simpler animations, a Dire Troll, i call him Diretroll Berserker c: take a look at the WIP on attachment.

The arms use the same texture with the body, i dont know if i should make custom armors for them or not (i wanted to make a long tounge for him lel xD)

I still have some ideas for those Diretroll also this one's color can be changed into green with yellow-orange fur as well :p

Attachments

• DiretrollBerserker.jpg
    DiretrollBerserker.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 381

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
K so the Earth Elemental wont be established in anytime soon (but not never) coz i dont really have much time to make some complex animations that i planned to (i really want them just cant take much time for it :c, not to mention the laziness ._.), so i made a model which will use simpler animations, a Dire Troll, i call him Diretroll Berserker c: take a look at the WIP on attachment.

The arms use the same texture with the body, i dont know if i should make custom armors for them or not (i wanted to make a long tounge for him lel xD)

I still have some ideas for those Diretroll also this one's color can be changed into green with yellow-orange fur as well :p
I will pay you CASH MONEY* if you can find it in your heart to make a Jungle Troll version. :D That is a really excellent start to a schweet Dire Troll model; elegant in it's simplicity. I particularly like his massive cartoony jaws, spiked bracers & wild shocks of hair. Very cool.

Make sure to give him giant tusks (& maybe a ring on one of the tusks!)... The tongue sounds hilarious.

Keep 'em coming.

*actually totally not. Reputation though. Fake Virtual Money? :p

Level 20
@PROXY, thank you ;)

@Kyrbi0, oh well lol, anyways, you can take a look at the forest troll texture version here, its abit shiny too me :psmile: but it still looks better in someways :pmeh: so confusing lol.

Just note that the texture in 3ds max cant have transparent filter only blend, so the fur may looks odd :c

Edit: Uploaded ingame size.

Attachments

• DiretrollBerserker_Y.jpg
    DiretrollBerserker_Y.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IngameSize.PNG
    IngameSize.PNG
    819.6 KB · Views: 106
Level 48
You are going to eventually add a proper Troll nose, right? He looks a bit ridiculous as it is right now. :p
I also personally think his legs are a bit too small, short and stubby, even for Warcraft III proportions. I also personally would prefer it if the mouth was slightly less ridiculous, but that's just my personal taste. ^^

Level 20
Looks good now :)
Rewrap it in a Orc skin, and whamo! It's a Dire Orc.. Awesome work, icewolf055..
Korm_Bonegrind.jpg

Thank you ;)

You are going to eventually add a proper Troll nose, right? He looks a bit ridiculous as it is right now. :p
I also personally think his legs are a bit too small, short and stubby, even for Warcraft III proportions. I also personally would prefer it if the mouth was slightly less ridiculous, but that's just my personal taste. ^^

I like tiny foot with huge arms tho :p still, i'll probably will give him a nose lol.

-

My 1st experiment with IK Chain animations (this will also be his stand animation) - thanks to Blinkboy for the very helpful tutorial:

40P9VSY.gif

I'm quite impressed. That stand animation looks quite good to be honest.

It would be nice to have the hair having some extra flow. This could be achieved with an animated FFD box modifier and NeoDex's VA converter at the end (later using key reducer instead of VA's optimizer).

Btw if you want to optimize your model after export, use import back the model to a new scene and reexport.

Status
Not open for further replies.