• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add fire on death animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It may be something simple like an on death buff.
But I can only think of a trigger.

Unit dies

((Unit dying) equal to (clssification check)

Create effect at dying units location

In model editor,
Open the particle emmiter window
First one, ( i think is visibility) go and tick something (im
Not at my com now) that make the button there
Clickable

Go inside, and then it works like geoset animation
For example, stand animation's frame is 1000-1500
You dont want it in stand animation, just add 1000: 0, and go to the next line, and continue other frame number (you can just put the number of 1st frame of the animation)

Also, noted that the frame number must be in order

Example:
1000: 0
2000: 0
3000: 0

This will work

3000: 0
2000: 0
1000: 0

This wont work

It also works to animate the emission rate, which i sometimes find more flexible. That way, you can add stuff like linear interpolation for the particle count, so that a fire slowly goes out, etc. In the animation window, you have a rollout menu called "interpolation type" where you can select "linear" or "beizer". Or you can just have the particles emmit in different steps.

Also, for the fire, remember to use "Head - life span" and "Head - decay" to make the fire animate properly (should start with 0 to 32, and end with 32 to 64).

Level 50
It also works to animate the emission rate, which i sometimes find more flexible. That way, you can add stuff like linear interpolation for the particle count, so that a fire slowly goes out, etc. In the animation window, you have a rollout menu called "interpolation type" where you can select "linear" or "beizer". Or you can just have the particles emmit in different steps.

Also, for the fire, remember to use "Head - life span" and "Head - decay" to make the fire animate properly (should start with 0 to 32, and end with 32 to 64).
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that much staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.