• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP: Model Headless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
HELP

Just finished my first model- a quick head swap of a bandit onto a footman. Looked nice in the model editor, until I reopened it and it the textures weren't loading- then I imported it to WE and it's missing the new head I just gave it... and worse I found it a minute later floating arbitrarily... Maybe I put the head on wrong or it has something to do with textures?

fyiSOYu.jpg

lB7u0Xk.jpg

p1cxSh1.jpg

EDcCYIJ.jpg

Level 48
I'm not entirely certain, it's been quite a while since I dealt with that problem, but it could be because the bone it's attached to or its parent is actually a "Helper". To fix it, open your .MDL file in Notepad, do CTRL + F and search for "Helper ", with the spacebar after it. Then, do "Find and Replace" and replace "Helper " with "Bone ".

Level 4
I'm not entirely certain, it's been quite a while since I dealt with that problem, but it could be because the bone it's attached to or its parent is actually a "Helper". To fix it, open your .MDL file in Notepad, do CTRL + F and search for "Helper ", with the spacebar after it. Then, do "Find and Replace" and replace "Helper " with "Bone ".

The file is a .mdx- do i need to convert it? Did what you said anyways though and I couldn't find helper. When I imported the bandit head tho, I set it to bone head.

Status
Not open for further replies.