• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hello!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello !
barra_separadora.png
4C5.gif

barra_separadora.png

Hello I have been working on a project to create new models for wc3 for

Map 6.78 gives hope to finish soon or at least have something decent to show

these are the models made in zbrush for subsequent export to wc3:

I am still in progress ...
barra_separadora.png
gondar
attachment.php

barra_separadora.png
tuskar
attachment.php

barra_separadora.png
panda dota 2 vs panda v2
attachment.php

barra_separadora.png
rikimaru
attachment.php

barra_separadora.png
pudge
attachment.php

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

barra_separadora.png
have ready some models in the game is difficult but I upload the photos so I'll be updating this page in the following days........

barra_separadora.png

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
barra_separadora.png
Earth Spirit
earth_spirit_by_yawar13-d8nwrr1.jpg

barra_separadora.png
traxex
traxex_by_yawar13-d8nwrom.jpg

barra_separadora.png
bane elemental
bane_elemental_by_yawar13-d8nwrpi.jpg

barra_separadora.png
Death Prophet
death_prophet_by_yawar13-d8nwrqd.jpg

huskar
huskar_by_yawar13-d8nwtoz.jpg

Panda Brewmaster
panda_brewmaster_by_yawar13-d8nwtwt.jpg

barra_separadora.png
Leviatan
leviatan_by_yawar13-d8nwubw.jpg

barra_separadora.png

have ready some models in the game is difficult but I upload the photos so I'll be updating this page in the following days........

pudge_by_yawar13-d8nwrmq.jpg

21-05-2015

I've been up some images that are some that are already more or less ready

panda_by_yawar13-d8u9ess.gif

gameplay_by_yawar13-d8u9feq.gif

leviatan_by_yawar13-d8u9fzv.jpg

captura_by_yawar13-d8u9gcw.png

2_by_yawar13-d8u9gp3.jpg

6_by_yawar13-d8u9h1a.jpg

ember_by_yawar13-d8u9h7s.jpg

and then we start to play around with models:

46_by_yawar13-d8u9hrh.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Looks awesome. But may I ask why you're sculpting if it's for Warcraft 3? It doesn't support normal maps. Unless these are for Starcraft 2?

I was sorry to have to model only lowpoly, wanted to improve my skills in digital sculpture, besides that my models were warcraft me with great quality not you think? I found it interesting to the whole process with 3D textured details is amazing the number of points which supports the graphics engine of warcraft !!!

Level 17
Cool stuff !

I also sculpt for wc3, while the normals don't work you can still bake them and the AO + diffuse into a complete texture.
Many times more convenient than guesswork and wrapping and stretching uvs onto a texture made in some bitmap editor.
For flat surfaces ? yeah, but I wouldn't touch photoshop for complex meshes and stuff.

Level 39
Cool stuff !

I also sculpt for wc3, while the normals don't work you can still bake them and the AO + diffuse into a complete texture.
Many times more convenient than guesswork and wrapping and stretching uvs onto a texture made in some bitmap editor.
For flat surfaces ? yeah, but I wouldn't touch photoshop for complex meshes and stuff.

I guess. It just seems like overkill to spend that much time sculpting normals. I guess it depends on what you're going for. If you're going for WC3 style models, making a diffuse should be enough, no need to bake AO or normals into it imo. I'm generally of the opinion that shadows etc should be painted in manually when you're making hand-painted style textures, it tends to look better. If you're going for realistic art style though, sure why not.
I use 3D coat to paint my diffuse though, texturing in Photoshop is quite a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.