• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Grendel's Model WIPs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
This is where I'll be posting model wips, unfinished models, etc. etc.

first off:
Orc Nercromancer
one unfinished model of mine based on this here: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061210041354/wowwiki/images/0/0b/Orcnecromancer.jpg
had this one made back in october. just getting back to the roots and buffing up my modeling juices
orcnecro1.jpg
orcnecro2.jpg
orcnecro3.jpg

Level 49
Thanks! Yep, currently working on it. Just need to add up some geosets, sfx and the like. Might also change the staff later. Fair warning though. This is gonna have LOTS of geosets mainly for the death animation.

Level 18
Nice use of the undead UI. But might I suggest using the campaign orc texture instead? I had the idea of making a model after the same concept art a few years ago and I thought it needed a hi-res and grittier skin texture.

Level 49
not really..as much as possible i really want to stick with the unit textures so it blends more with the game. cos if i use high res texture from campaign, the model will look out of place when placed along with other units 'cos most of my models have high polycount.

Level 10
well, looks very nice as we are used to from you ^^

With such a nice concept art this will look awesome I guess. Already am thinking of how to use this :) (spells and ability wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.