• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Frank's Gallery 2.0

General Frank's Gallery 2.0

Hi, folks.
This is going to be my new gallery for the models I make for my projects, projects of others and just out of fun.

Let's start off with the latest tanks I made for my 'Alternate history techno-magic RTS' thingy.
These tanks are for the Red Star Alliancea faction that is inspired by Red Alert's Soviets and General's Chinese. The faction will focus on mass infantry and tanks.

Attachments

• RSA_Ocelot.jpg
    RSA_Ocelot.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 443
  • RSA_Kodiak2.0.jpg
    RSA_Kodiak2.0.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 376
  • RSA_Grizzly.jpg
    RSA_Grizzly.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
These look really cool. Are the glows/blue parts or even the rockets responsive to Team Color?

I particularly like the second, though to be honest, the spheres in front don't look like they would direct the energy force forward.

The blue parts are team colour. The rockets will stay red.

The missile heads are way too bright compared to the rest of the model, otherwise cool.

I guess that's the fault of the .jpg.

Bloodelf Scorpion Ballista

Here's a new toy for the Bloodelven Expedition Cadre:
The Scorpion, a light and early siege weapon.
Mesh, Animations and particle effect are made from scratch.
Has an alternate animation set where is can fire arcane bolts.

Attachments

• Scorpion_1.jpg
    Scorpion_1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Scorpion_2.jpg
    Scorpion_2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 290

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Here's a new toy for the Bloodelven Expedition Cadre:
The Scorpion, a light and early siege weapon.
Mesh, Animations and particle effect are made from scratch.
Has an alternate animation set where is can fire arcane bolts.
Hey, that's not too bad. I actually really like the idea of a lighter, early-tier Siege option available to the races, and have wondered why that's not as common as it is (Raider?...). Nice interpretation.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Oh my that heavy lifter, kinda reminds me of the lost planet fat ships.

If you still getting the same animal motif names, a slow, heavy predator that lift things whil flying, like a lammergeyer?
Had to look that up... "Bearded Vulture"? Coolio.

What about 'Condor'? Or 'Albatross' ('Pelican' is perfect, except Halo already stole it...)

News: More tanks.

The first is a heavy tank made to fit 'between', the medium Grizzly and the super-heavy 'Kodiak'.

The second one is a support vehicle for the Bloodelf Expedition forces. It will have two modes: The first one is a non-damage, instant long stun.
The second mode generates an aura which reduces movement and attack speed drastically of enemies.

Attachments

• HeavyTank_01.png
    HeavyTank_01.png
    618.9 KB · Views: 208
  • BloodElf_SupportTank.png
    BloodElf_SupportTank.png
    756 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
The first is a heavy tank made to fit 'between', the medium Grizzly and the super-heavy 'Kodiak'.

The second one is a support vehicle for the Bloodelf Expedition forces. It will have two modes: The first one is a non-damage, instant long stun.
The second mode generates an aura which reduces
REDUCES WHAT?? Spit it out, man. :p

I really like the wings on that 2nd one. A little hard to tell what's going on from the screenshot, though.

It's not about being appreciated. It's about sending a message.

Nice tanks btw, still I feel they start to look very familiar. I loved how started to create tanks for the blood elves, maybe try out some other races?

I am not the freaking Joker.
Some people where dicks to me and I really hate when people swing their imaginary small e-peen, even when they have not contributed to the community.

Well, the should look familiar since 4 of them are basically the same chassis.
Just let me do my stuff, I know my shit.

Very nice looking tank. Seems fairly unique, too. Fantastic work! I hope you'll do more like that. :)

I'm glad you switched up the barrels, too - never liked the ones that look extremely heavy at the ends of them. They looked so flimsy.

Well, thank you. Much appreciated.
I basically wanted to make the tanks (mainly the Medium one) look like a combination if the RA3 Hammer Tank, the Chinese Battlemaster and the RA1 Medium tank respectively.
From there I watched how it would develop and I kind off like how it turned out. I used less polygons this time without even sacrificing nay visual quality (in my eyes).

Also, here's the comparison off all tanks that are done right now:
attachment.php

Also I am working on different thingy for my mods:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tank_02.png
    Tank_02.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 641
  • IU_Bar_01.jpg
    IU_Bar_01.jpg