• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calculating extents doesn't stop clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I am using a giant castle gate (from the Ultimate Terrainer's Map).

I resized it in the model editor to be even larger than I need it, recalculated the extents, imported it, and then set the destructible to 68% of the size of the model. Still, the castle often clips out during cinematics.

Is there some way to avoid this clipping?

I think resize the model is a lil complicated
(Unless there's and effiecient way that i dont know)

You need to adjust the boneabd move them to the right place, or resize it in matrix eater (because it can resize along with the bone as well)

I not sure what does calculate extend works, but at least i know it can make my model from buggy to less buggu :O

By "clipping", do you mean that the castle sometimes becomes invisible during certain camera angles?

If so, the reason is propably that you are using it as a destructable. If you can, changing it into a doodad will solve the issue. If you still get the problem, try scaling the extents 2x in magos model editor (under model properties). If you need the gate to play it's open/close animations in the cinematic, there is always "play animation for doodads in rect". If you need units to be able to attack it, then... well, you're fucked.

Level 14
By "clipping", do you mean that the castle sometimes becomes invisible during certain camera angles?

If so, the reason is propably that you are using it as a destructable. If you can, changing it into a doodad will solve the issue. If you still get the problem, try scaling the extents 2x in magos model editor (under model properties). If you need the gate to play it's open/close animations in the cinematic, there is always "play animation for doodads in rect". If you need units to be able to attack it, then... well, you're fucked.

That is what I mean by clipping, and you are correct that it is a destructible, and that it needs to be attacked. So far I've used some work arounds...during gameplay it's mostly okay, it's only during cinematics that it's a problem.

Does the Art - visibility radius stat help?

Status
Not open for further replies.