• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banshee model WIP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some WIP's of a banshee model i'm working on.
Made from scratch, as always.

EDIT: The pink/blue symbols are teamcolored.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Banshee01.jpg
    Banshee01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4,038
  • Banshee02.jpg
    Banshee02.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,740
  • Banshee03.jpg
    Banshee03.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,479
  • Banshee04.jpg
    Banshee04.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,390
Taylor, i would actually say that my model is more accurate to the real banshee than the halo wars model (even though mine is perhaps slightly less poly), the real version does for example not have those strange blaster thingies on the wingtips, and is less short'n stumpy. It's therefore not really appropriate to compare them.
Halo wars is also considered non-canon by most halo fans.

Thanks, though :)

Level 35
My hair is getting aroused!

DAMN, this is one epic model! I might consider including flying units in my Halo project considering there's gonna be models like this! :D (Didn't want to include them initially because the projectile system can make them somewhat op, but that can be fixed with stats changes :p)

Yeah, personally I don't care how accurate/inaccurate it is to one generation of Halo, let's face it, you look at this model, you know what it is and even if there are slight differences (like, I don't know, maybe he placed one symbol differently to the first generation of Halo, making it based off the second generation, but the weapons are that of the third? Just making this up :p), we shouldn't really care because this is the best damn Halo model out there so far :D (well, not strictly out there, but it will be one day xD)

Good work, man! Keep it up! I'm gonna need every one of these models MUAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Honestly, i mixed some in from all generations; the teamcolour symbols were obviously better positioned on the halo 2 banshee (They weren't there at all in the halo 3 one), and it had some nice back fenders that were lower in poly than the split halo 3 ones, and i also liked the halo 3 "hinges" on the hatch.
The top is most inaccurate, but since warcraft don't use neither parallax or mipmapping, there was really no way to make that green stuff seen on the original look good.

But yeah, i mean, it's not like the fanboys will beat me up or something. ;)

Level 35
Well, I consider myself a fanboy (although I don't bother much 'collecting' the information on Halo and don't play it often, I love the story behind it so much and have been forced to learn a shitload about the races in the game for my project), and I am in LOVE with this model. I want to ask you for your permission to take its hand in marriage, it's that good :D:D:D

Level 9
When this is done, I'm sure it'll get a D/C rating, Fingolfin.
It's so very accurate to the Combat Evolved one, even if you made those edits you mentioned.

Level 35
@Cthulus: I couldn't agree more. This model definitely deserves a D/C rating. And, if I may expand on what you said previously, I think that the edits that Fingolfin made are great for a couple of reasons, one being that they look f***ing fantastic =D. The other reason is that it just goes to show that despite the fact that Fingolfin is creating a model based off an existing character/vehicle from an incredibly popular game, he is still able to make it original in his own way while keeping the initial look and making it incredible.

Level 6
im just looking at model for first time now and it really is acurate, seeing this while moving with side blue ray effect would be awsome.

Level 6
It doesnt seems like a hard animations: loop/roll.
If those animations were included it would secure its greatness.

Level 3
fingolfin your halo models are amazing btw this also helps out for halo wars game i would like to say to you thou you might want to add a unit in the cock pit of the thing like a brute or grunt or like an honor guard(halo wars way before master cheif and all that this was probally the first part fo the story) if you can thanks it would be nice in the banshee

Level 35
ELxCaigi, you don't seem to be the overly perceptive type, eh? I suppose you just mention what you see as soon as you see it with an instant 'fail' despite the topic of the model's origin being discussed eons ago. Perhaps you should consider thinking before speaking? Maybe be a little helpful, hm? How should I word this? After all, I want you to be able to understand what I'm saying.

This model is a mix of the variations the Banshee underwent across the Halo series. It is not from a particular version. It is created in the eyes of what the creator of the model would like for his own inscrutible purposes (inscrutible... that's a lovely word :3). Creating the model from one particular version without any creative input would be, in my opinion and the opinions of many others, incredibly lame. Creating it to optimize the use of the model, however, is great and more than useful. I am sure many others would agree with me.

Level 9
Wazzz, I think we can all agree on that one. Good call.
Also, I'd like to suggest an idea to Fingolfin. Maybe you could create a version with an Elite or a Spartan inside, for people who are incapable or are too lazy to do the editing/triggering for such a thing.

Level 9
Seriously, dude? xD
It's definitely an alien ship, although it's also definitely not from Starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.