• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banner Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi! I edited the WC3 banner model to make a bunch of easy-to-use banners (16 + a bannerless post) models that all share from one texture file. Here's a couple of examples on how they look that I made mostly as a joke for Banjoball:

3553633395.jpg

d09415a816.jpg

or from the A Song of Ice and Fire map I work on:

(lelele low quality textures)
ee5005a014.jpg

Dropbox download for the above banners: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2oxvg89yl19o1de/AAD6umLZCLjczi0bQGVpeTfwa?dl=0

They're basically just useful for terraining areas to make them swaggier. In ASoIaF, the banner displayed changes according to who owns the region.

I've been sitting on them for a couple of years, occasionally reopening the model to cut off more of the file size b/c size=$$$, but I've been meaning to post them somewhere b/c they're semi-kinda-notreally-useful. Since I'm making some for a Warhammer map, I figured now's as good as ever.

ANYWAYS, the reason why I'm posting here is because I wanted to know if I should even bother submitting them and if so, how should I do it? Do I submit all 17 models by themselves or do I make 1 single submission with 17 models?

Last edited:
Level 4
The point of them wasn't asoiaf banners or that they are hard to make, it's more that it's a collection of 16 models that are easy to change the texture on and suddenly have 16 diff banners. For example, the asoiaf ones use this file and just replacing the squares then reuploading the texture takes like 10 seconds.
827493fbce.png

But your point's still valid. I literally made the model with barely any knowledge of how models work years ago. I was mostly just posting this to gauge whether or not they'd be of any value to upload or not, so I'm gonna take that as a no.

ALSO, SNAPS MAP HAS BANNERS NOW? Man I really need to play that map again.

also, the dank meme banners for banjo are lulzy

Status
Not open for further replies.