• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{StarCraft II-exclusive} How To Watch Replays Offline & Continue Campaign From B.net

Level 22
This may be obvious for most but there are some who might not know and I've seen some asking. I'm playing from my
AW laptop as I don't have a PC. Once I used my laptop away from my room, detached from the monitor that I use. And that's when those questions came up - How do I watch replays offline? How do I play the campaign from where I reached in Battle Net?

Part 1. Watching Replays Offline

If you try to drag a replay and move the dragged replay onto your SC2 icon on the Desktop you will notice that this launches Starcraft 2 but not the replay. Unlike Beta, Blizzard made it so that you can no longer double click a replay from your folders and launch the replay, you only end up here:

Screenshot2010-10-24 11_09_57.jpg

From here choose 'Play as Guest' and choose a profile. Now you are in offline mode. Start the campaign here so that the game automatically creates some folders within your offline account, then exit, this was just the game to create some folders.

You will notice replays are empty. 'Play vs AI' won't work so you need to add the replays folder yourself.

'My Documents' in Windows XP or 'Documents' in Vista/Win 7 that is C:\Users\YourUsernameOnComputer\Documents\ contains:

StarCraft II

In that folder enter Accounts folder. These are your online and offline accounts. You should see folders like:

0 - this is your offline account
1604587 - this is your Bnet account

In each of these folders there is another folder, for the '0' account it is:
2-S2-0-3 similar code but with more numbers exists for your Bnet account.

So here in the offline account or c:\users\yourname\documents\starcraft II\accounts\0\2-S2-0-3\ you have to create:

Replays and in 'Replays' create: 'Multiplayer' and another 'Unsaved'. So it should be:

Replays
- Multiplayer
- Unsaved

Or copy these folders from your battle net account that as mentioned is 1604587 folder in our case. And there, you can paste your replays in either 'Multiplayer' or 'Unsaved' folders and your replays will appear when clicking on 'Replays' from your offline account.

Part 2. Playing Campaign Offline From Where You Last Played In Battle Net (reading Part 1 is needed to know what each folder means)

We started a campaign frm your guest/offline account so that the game creates folders. These folders contain the info about your campaign. However, let's look at the folders within your Battle Net account that is supposedly fuller and with more files as you played some missions or all missions. So go to your 1604587 (in my case) folder, then in your 2-S2-1-3565782 folder, again this is in your bnet account folder.

The folders there are:
- Saves
- Banks
- Replays
- Screenshots

I suggest copying all folders though you only need the 'Banks' and 'Saves'. Copy and paste them in your offline account: 0\2-S2-0-3\ there you paste all and you will have your latest missions, with all upgrades and stuff.

it is the .SC2Bank files that contain the information. Do not delete these files, as they are the onces that keep the data about what you did in the campaign and with what upgrades, research levels and units available.

WARNING: Do not Delete Saved Games of your latest mission and load an old saved game! If you don't have a save if your latest mission and load a save from e.g. 7 missions before, your SC2Bank files will overwrite with the Data from 7 missions ago, and you will have to start 7 missions before!

That's what happened to me. I deleted my save of mission 'Media Blitz' (22nd mission) having completed the rest. I didn't have any saves of the latest mission but I had an old save of 'In Utter Darkness' to show my bro how I beat it at Brutal and tadaaam - I have completed not 22 missions but 15, all my research, upgardes, missions - GONE or from 7 missions before. Only achievements have remained, but I completed them again so back to 22nd on Brutal. That's it, I hope you found that tutorial somewhat useful.