• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icecrown Citadel - Lich King V3.2

Odd17

Icecrown Citadel - Lich King
Created by Odd17 & Aniria

Map Info:

The Lich King is the final boss encounter in the Icecrown Citadel. If you defeated him on World of Warcraft then you know how to play this map as the fight is Blizzlike. You can play this map single player but your chances of wining are not that great.

Features:

- Blizzlike fight (tactics are the same as WoW Lich King boss fight)
- Heroes that have roles (tanks, healers, and damage dealers)
- Original sounds
- Decent ending

Screenshots and Videos:

Tna7pXX.png

vzdg5gq.png

KGIGhOw.png

Changes:
- Map more challenging and also more blizzlike (lich king's minions), since everyone plays single player with AI.
- AI healers will no longer try to heal heroes that are in Frostmourne chamber (really fixed now)

Changes:
- AI healers will no longer try to heal heroes that are in Frostmourne chamber
- Tweaked phase 3 timers

Changes:
- New Lich King Model
- Raging Spirits implemented
- Lich King spells more blizzlike
- Ability to have two or three healers. Player 10 (light blue) can either be Paladin (damage) or Priest (healer), if the player is computer controlled then a random human player will be able to choose.
- Replaced Consecration with Righteous Defense for Paladin (tank)
- Many other fixes/changes that I don't remember. Try this map again if you did before :)

This is the last update. I will annoy you guys with this map no more :D

Credits:
Credits goes to respective model owners and icons owners.
Special Thanks:
  • Aniria for the terrain

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Lich King Icecrown Citadel fight blizzlike
Contents

Icecrown Citadel - Lich King V3.2 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet [19:44, Nov/30/2012] "Approved"
Level 30
who wouldn't wonder a bossfight based from WoW can be replicated in a WC3 Engine? this goes to that patch version Fall of the Lich King where you have to kill Arthas and see the last of his reign, gameplay is mainly focused on your hero, your team, and the opposing boss and take hold of the story line of how he would be killed by a team of alliance and horde, suggested with friends or co-op online, the game is at best when you want another game for a boss fight

terrain is simple yet fair since the game is more on the fight than graphics, all in all approved :)

Level 5
who wouldn't wonder a bossfight based from WoW can be replicated in a WC3 Engine? this goes to that patch version Fall of the Lich King where you have to kill Arthas and see the last of his reign, gameplay is mainly focused on your hero, your team, and the opposing boss and take hold of the story line of how he would be killed by a team of alliance and horde, suggested with friends or co-op online, the game is at best when you want another game for a boss fight

terrain is simple yet fair since the game is more on the fight than graphics, all in all approved :)

Level 3
Good map! Liked.
I have some questions:
Will you put the class models?
Will have entire Icecrown Raid or just LK?
It have one system like: Horde or Alliance to choose? I think that choosing the classes between the Horde and Alliance is cool, and in the races too =).

Level 5
Good map! Liked.
I have some questions:
Will you put the class models?
Will have entire Icecrown Raid or just LK?
It have one system like: Horde or Alliance to choose? I think that choosing the classes between the Horde and Alliance is cool, and in the races too =).

No, because max map size is 8mb (for multiplayer), and models are large in size especially from wow. That would be too much models for each class and race combination..

Entire icecrown will need models and sounds for each boss, same reason as above.

Level 7
I think this map is to simple..
I mean good Lich king, sounds and terrained but you should make a different game about this, for exemple an arena boss fight or campaign.. rpg...
I have no clue how this could be recommended, because it's just one boss fight, I don't think anyone wants to fight only the same hero over and over
if this map takes all the limited space, I think you detailed it to much.
just my opinion though.

Level 5
I think this map is to simple..
I mean good Lich king, sounds and terrained but you should make a different game about this, for exemple an arena boss fight or campaign.. rpg...
I have no clue how this could be recommended, because it's just one boss fight, I don't think anyone wants to fight only the same hero over and over
if this map takes all the limited space, I think you detailed it to much.
just my opinion though.

Yes that's true. But its not so easy.. and i just wanted to make something not made before like there are alot of rpgs, tower defence etc.. :zip:

Level 6
Somebody know if exist a Battleground map as Alterac Valley somewere on the net? Thanks for advance answers!

Level 5
@sammath: No

@Moose23: Well yea.. i think i will make it you can have 3 healers or 2 as your choice, and 3rd healer will be priest, but I kinda won't make it now :/

@aaronmission: Thanks :)

Level 6
Healers die with an normal strike of the Lich King :S
I was thinking, that you use Lich King same life that in WoW, but we can play only 12 players (half than the real instance) so, maybe will be imposible to defeat, maybe you should lower the LK total life and damage. Just for make a worthy balance

Level 5
Healers die with an normal strike of the Lich King :S
I was thinking, that you use Lich King same life that in WoW, but we can play only 12 players (half than the real instance) so, maybe will be imposible to defeat, maybe you should lower the LK total life and damage. Just for make a worthy balance

That's why have one of the tanks taunt the lich king.. and the real instance has 10 players not 24. All other than the tank do die with 1 hit from lich king in real also.

Level 24
Fetpanda made two maps Onyxias Lair and Ahn'Qiraj, you were able to use your gear inn both of these maps with a save and load system could you not make a similar system so we could see all of Icecrown? I understand if Gunship battle might be hard to make but otherwise you should be fine.

5/5 and +rep

Level 5
omg, THIS.IS.OMEGA.AWESOME
5/5 and +rep
Thanks.

Fetpanda made two maps Onyxias Lair and Ahn'Qiraj, you were able to use your gear inn both of these maps with a save and load system could you not make a similar system so we could see all of Icecrown? I understand if Gunship battle might be hard to make but otherwise you should be fine.

5/5 and +rep
It wouldn't be multiplayer to make the whole Icecrown citadel because the map size would be huge and the maximum size is 8mb for it to be multiplayer. Thanks for rating :)

Level 24
I did not mean make it into one map I meant make every boss have its own map and make players able to use their characters and their gear over every map with a save & load system.

Level 6
cuz there's no review so i will make a simple one (focus on gameplay)
Pros
-Epic, dat it. I've waited for a long time to play this

Cons
-Camera is near, so that mean i cant see all the battle ground if i'm looking for someone
-Warlock:
+Can't cast Chaos bolt on all type of enemy. It's said: "Can target only allies Undead units or enemy Living units".
+Reduce the cast time of all spell, except Rain of fire
-Frostmage:
+Make she can cast (i forget name the spell, but i think it work like Frost armor so i will say that) Frost armor with all allies, not herself. If you want so, so make it become instant cast.
+I casted frostbolt to LK, and i tried to stun him but i was unable to do that, even the frostbolt still effecting.
-Comp players: Before he finish the translation phase, he release one wisp (or soul) and all comp players go into him. You know what will happen, huh? It often kill at least 3 hero
-Paladin (tanker):
+Model: I think you should change paladin model to Captain model

Terrain: it's just like battle ground with LK, so i don't say more about it.
And i suggest all Balance on there
After playing this, my rate is 4/5 but i say with you before that i rate 5/5 so... well
-End-

Last edited:
Level 5
Fresh style map. :goblin_good_job:

Really awesome! i like it to mush xD

Thanks for trying it :ogre_haosis:

cuz there's no review so i will make a simple one (focus on gameplay)
Pros
-Epic, dat it. I've waited for a long time to play this

Cons
-Camera is near, so that mean i cant see all the battle ground if i'm looking for someone
-Warlock:
+Can't cast Chaos bolt on all type of enemy. It's said: "Can target only allies Undead units or enemy Living units".
+Reduce the cast time of all spell, except Rain of fire
-Frostmage:
+Make she can cast (i forget name the spell, but i think it work like Frost armor so i will say that) Frost armor with all allies, not herself. If you want so, so make it become instant cast.
+I casted frostbolt to LK, and i tried to stun him but i was unable to do that, even the frostbolt still effecting.
-Comp players: Before he finish the translation phase, he release one wisp (or soul) and all comp players go into him. You know what will happen, huh? It often kill at least 3 hero
-Paladin (tanker):
+Model: I think you should change paladin model to Captain model

Terrain: it's just like battle ground with LK, so i don't say more about it.
And i suggest all Balance on there
After playing this, my rate is 4/5 but i say with you before that i rate 5/5 so... well
-End-

its kinda rare for the comp players to not kill the last ice sphere (wisp) I have no idea why :vw_death:

I have won many times even though the comp don't run from vile spirits in phase 3, can't think of an algorithm to make run smartly from them (e.g avoid Defile while moving and run in circular style) :goblin_boom:

Level 1
There should be a cutscene that you get stuck inside frostmourne and a cutscene that highlord fordring becomes new lich king

Level 24
There should be a cutscene that you get stuck inside frostmourne and a cutscene that highlord fordring becomes new lich king

The only problem is that it's not Tirion Fordring who becomes the new Lich King but Bolvar Fordragon.