• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silvermoon - Exile of the Sin'dorei

Reactions: ShadowArt23
Silvermoon 3.10 - Exile of the Sin'dorei

Silvermoon - Exile of the Sin'dorei is an altered melee map that allow you to choose a 5th race (Blood Elves) as a playable race. The map is a brand-new one (I made it from scratch) that allow you to play up to 6 players (either with real player or computer).

Silvermoon 3.10 is a "patch" of the v3.00 of the map (the old version were beta).

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Elven_God, Silvermoon, Elves
Contents

Silvermoon - Exile of the Sin'dorei (Map)

Reviews
DesKaladA: Working melee map approved
Level 16
not bad at all but remove those units in middle i think it wuld be better that way & its a laggy map...tr to low the lag a bit PLS do this for me and i promise ill host it everyday cuz i like extra races maps ^^ . . . for now 7.5/10

Level 8
For the terrain YES (i have say it in my download screen that I have changed the stormguard map [Download it next time:hohum:]) but for the rest NO. This map include the following races: High Elves, Blood Elves, Naga, Troll, Demon/Satyre, Dalaran and the normal races. I just keep the terrain and it's highly modified.

Level 8
Ok, since a long time I was off of Warcraft, now, I started to work on an other version. The version that im making will be: Lag-free (finnaly resolve the problem that was trigger leaks), new entire map (made 100% by me), new starting system (everyone will start at the same time, even the computer) and all the race will be changed & more balanced.

Level 8
Well in the version I am working about, all spell have hotkeys, better descriptions (including level), better codding (added some JASS), the race are far more balanced.
For the building, i'll check what I can do but I try to reduce the map-size (I highly focus on spell for model/icon).

Level 3
Thank you for reply those questions, i hope that the new version is awesome! :)

EDIT: Elven, is there going to be new updates? It would be cool to see new adds.
Remember, if you need help, just ask me :)

Last edited:
Level 7
i'm a big fan of blood elfs ^.^ and i must say that this maps looks cool
some comments:
-i think you should put the priest and the sorceress back in the arcane sanctum cuz they are part of the blood elfs, but yet again the new units look ok, but i kinda confuse the units, like that mage from arcane sanctum with the heroes and the ranger with the ranger hero. i think you should change the models (my suggestion)
-in rest is ok.
4.5/5 (5/5)

Level 8
Well, for the sorceress/priest I don't put them because I wanted unique unit for each race (the human still have the sorceress/priest with the old RoC model to make them more "high-elf"). For the ranger I approve, it can be a little bit confusing, i'll try to change the hero model with an other one.

Level 3
i am very grateful for the release, but it was not as good as i thought, this is just my opinion:
Terrain: 10/10. Well made, awesome, it is an exelent terrain.
Units: 7.5/10. I liked almost all the units for the BE, i did not like: wood elf, nether hawk and some spellcasters. i did not like the Ranger model, you should change it. I liked the arcanister, it is very good, but why did you put the Blood mage with the humans? I think that you have to put the Spell breaker with the Sin'dorei again, cuz it is a BE, not a HE. All creeps were exelent, you just have to reduce some of them to "Encampment" From 500 to 200 and put some drops to a few more creeps. Why do not you try to change the Ranger model to "Halduron Brightwing" model? And i liked the other name: "Blood Ranger". You should use a different model for the Blood knight, it is not very good :S.
Trigger: 10/10. Exelent triggers. This is my face :O, very good.
Habilities: 9/10. Very good habilities, and exelent trigger abilities. The thing that i just didn't like was the ability "Elven art" the mana cost should not increase, and "War call" mana cost should not increase too. i did not like the "Arrow fury" for the Ranger, i think you should change it for the pas ability "Explosive arrows". For the rest, spellcasters abilities were exelent.
I think you have done a great job: 9/10
Ah! And one more thing, Fel orcs were allied with illidari?

Last edited:
Level 8
Thank for the review, i'll do some changes. I will have to answer for the Spellbreaker (he was replced by Lieutnant in my Blood Elf race) and the Blood Mage of the human that, I DON'T want to change the human techtree. I will probly change their model but, I won't change the rest because i'll have to change AI (and that, don,t want do it :grin:). For the Nether Hawk & Wood Elf, I know it's not the best choice for a Blood Elf race. I will change the Wood Elf one but, for the Nether Hawk I will add some special effect on the model so, it will be better (I don't want two times a Bloodhawk Rider).

Last edited:
Level 2
i have a sugestion for you,the techtree is most like the human's techtree ,just some icons and 3 models there,oh and the Baracks and ummm forgot the name look identically,just the colors difference them.thats point 1.point 2 its a great map 4/5

Level 8
Well, Outland Fel Orc are with Illidan since the slaying of the old Outland Lord (Magtheridon or something like that). It's why I add them with the Illidari (that and the way it will be easier to make the hero if you do 3 race in one (like the human who have elf/dwarf/human in the same race)).

Btw, i'll be absent one week so, don't think about a release soon.

EDIT: I also changed the ability "Multiple Arrow" of the Ranger Captain by "Arcane Shot". The shot will add damage to the hero and for the mana-unit, it will drain their mana over time doing (50x)% damage of the mana burned depend their lvl ( x = to level ). Ex: The arrow drain 5 mana each time, lvl 1: 2.5 damage, lvl 2: 5 damage, lvl 3: 7.5 damage.

Level 2
I have tested this and I must tell you have done a good job.

This is the verdict:

Good: -Blood elfs race
-The AI for single player
-the terrain is beautyful
-blood elfs models

Bad: -An anoyng bug with the creeps respawn I have put there abase and they have respawned when my army was defeated.
-That creeps in the middle of the map that are guarding the sun well are there for nothing ( you can put a trigger the one who controls the well will win the game in 15 mins ) => good ideea
-If you play it online in full house is hell lag.
-No music ( try to put music when two heroes are in battle ) .

Verdict: 4\5 Good job. :thumbs_up:

Level 3
And what about the Ranger? will you change it to a male or it is female like the old version?
Oh, and i think here, in Hive, is a good model for the BE Paladin (Blood knight) could you look for it? i think it is General frank's one.

EDIT: I am very impatient, could you give me please some information about the units and buildings? so i could help you a little.

Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry, I got problem with my computer and, I lost the data of work done on the map. I'll try to submit the patch to "correct" the Blood Elves race as soon as I can (maybe in 3-4 days). Since I lost my last data, I decided to work on Burning Legion before Illidari.

Here is the change I have done:

Blood Elves

Ranger Captain
-> New model (Halduron)
-> Spell Multiple Arrows changed to Arcane Shot
-> The spell Ambushing (Ultimate) have now a limit of 12 unit maximum

Arcanist
-> The spell Arcane Distortion (Ultimate) have been changed for a time-stop spell

Blood Knight
-> Nothing changed

Nether Hawk
-> Added special effect on his wing so it look more a "Nether Hawk"

Sun Sorceress
-> Changed his model for the original TfT sorceress model, adding special effect
-> The human sorceress have been changed to Jaina model

General

Added 4x more wood in the trees so they last longer.

I'll try to update my work but for now, im not at my home so, dont expect anything soon.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello everybody, for all those who want the new version finished, Elven_God gave me the proyect, so, from now on you can tell me what kind of things you want to see. The fixed version of Exlie of the Sin'dorei will be released soon. Next update will be Silvermoon: Fury of the illidari, that will include new units, heroes and buildings.

Last edited:
Level 2
Very cool. Lots of rough edges though from what I can see. Now, I didn't read the whole thread and I fear I'm actually reacting to an outdated version of the map but... here are some issues I want to address:

- Bottom position (6:00) is too far from the Gold Mine, and the workers don't spawn halfway between Mine and Town Hall like normal, but below the Town Hall instead.

- Change the hot-key of the Sun Sorceress' (or whatever it's name is) Mind Control ability from [M] to [C]. [M] is the hot-key for the Move order.

- Change the hot-key of the Wood Elf's ability, Poison Arrow from to [R]. is for Patrol.

- Why does Blood Elf Lieutenant and Sin'Dorei Charger have mana when they have no mana-requiring ability? Are Lieutenants' armor values suppose to not change with upgrades, making ordinary Swordies (8 armor max) have higher armor than them (with 3 Hero armor)? Eh, they're great but I have a tendency to think that 8 unit hard cap was undeserved especially since they already cost a lot so it's hard to mass them anyway.

- Just fanciful thinking but how about giving Lieutenants Mana Shield? Or an ability that in addition to Feedback, they absorb the mana that they inflict into their own mana pool. In tandem with this ability, give them Mana Siphon that can only transfer mana to your own units. They become your "mana healers" somewhat for your mana hungry army.

- Sin'dorei Academy still has as its hot-key not [C] as its tooltip says. Probably better change it to instead to be more intuitive. Then you could have Eversong Barracks to for the same reason (capital letters seem to be more easily guessed), although [g] is pretty good too.

- Altar of the Fallen uses [A] and not . (Keep this but fix the tooltip so that A is highlighted.)

- Arcane Vault and Nether Void both use [V] as hotkeys. Make Nether Void use [N] instead or [D].

- Workshop and Tower -> [W]. Use [T] for Tower.

- Probably not needed since the tooltip is fine, but... change Energy Well's hot-key to [E].

- Grammar, spelling, tooltips, and stuff. "The city is death (dead), etc..." Not really important since nobody notices that anyway.

- Add Random in picking your race. This is important. ^^

Level 8
Ok, I know it was from a long time since I said there will be a finished version of the Blood Elves. Since I had other thing to do I didn't really worked on it but, it seems that the final version will be finished soon ( model, icon are the thing that I need to finish to change / make ).

I have changed alot of thing but, the best change is maybe the starting script:
-Random race
-It no longer bug in multiplayer
-Waiting everytime to all to pick your race
-Peon spawning at the same place that blizzard-race spawn them in circle (think its at ~70% of the distance)​

And alot of change on the heroes:
>Blood Knight
-No, I didn't change the model, I like it :smile:
-Light Bolt replace by a scripted spell named Holy Shock (heal ally in an area & damage ennemy)
-Minor changes on the other spells to balance them​

>Ranger-Captain
-Halduron model
-Multi-shot replace by Arcane Shot (like a poison arrow, but draining mana instead of life)
-Some minor change in the other spell.​
>Arcanist
-Mana Tap spell stay the same but, as the hero use it, he acquires Mana Tap charges that can stack up 3 times maximum.
-The Arcane Explosion now only silence ennemy units. But, depending the number of charges you have & the level of the ability, it will do damage to the units; Formula:
Code:
(100 * Level of Arcane Explosion) * ((1/3) * Level of the charge)
-The ultimate spell is now a time-stop spell named Arcane Distorsion​

And alot of other changes...

I think the version will be released this week or next one...

Level 3
Yeah! you finally uploaded it! TY i was waiting a long time for it. If u need some help or an opinion, just ask me. PCC can also help a lot with the balance.
I'll try this version and give my replies after, hope it is great! ^.^