• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Winter Play Zone [Template]

Reactions: Heinvers
DeathChef presents!

Winter Play Zone

Info
Just a terrain template using only default blizzard resources, including the object editor settings.

I think it could be useful for
  • Custom maps
  • Test map for spells and systems
  • Just for something pretty to test things with
  • etc.

In-game .1

In-game .2

In-editor

189198-albums8006-picture95199.jpg
189198-albums8006-picture95200.jpg
189198-albums8006-picture95201.jpg

Inspiration source
Updated from 2 years ago.
Throwback Challenge

Keywords:
Winter, Play, Zone, Warcraft, default, Northernd, snow, Lordaeron, template, terrain
Contents

Winter Play Zone [Template] (Map)

Reviews
08:48, 26th Feb 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Approved. Fancy moderator template soonTM
Level 21
This is a very good template. You focused on simplicity (or what you call old style terrain) and I adore it. There is just one thing that annoys me. Why is half of the template trees and trees and trees? You could surely sweep away a large amount of them and expand your terrain.
Well, there isn't much more to say here... I will give it 3.5/5 and vote for APPROVAL!

This is a very good template. You focused on simplicity (or what you call old style terrain) and I adore it. There is just one thing that annoys me. Why is half of the template trees and trees and trees? You could surely sweep away a large amount of them and expand your terrain.
Well, there isn't much more to say here... I will give it 3.5/5 and vote for APPROVAL!

It's based on a play zone kinda place in a forest.
Just like paintball or somethin'.
Not a melee map kinda style and gives off the vibe of the space that you can move in.

Anyway besides it isn't easy to pull off anything else much prettier with purely default blizzard resources.
(Limit of not using blizzard cliffs and not using models that could give this terrain more potential like snowmen, better trees, better rocks that could give the terrain more dynamics, special effect models etc.)
Surely I could try, but eh.

_

Also thanks guys for rating, comments, etc.

Level 3
I know this is an 8-year necro, but I don't care. I really liked this, and I was looking for a simple winter terrain to do some testing on, so this works perfectly! I might just use it in my map, and I'll certainly give you credit, SA Dashie!