• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Tower v1.12

Version 1.04: First Hive release! Pretty much everything is finished already.
Version 1.05: Added minimap preview picture, made some minor textual fixes.
Version 1.06: Made some balance changes. Easy mode is now even easier, Decimators are nerfed and a bit easier to dodge, and the King's portal spawns have been adjusted. A few of the waves after #115 spawn a bit differently than before. Minor textual fixes.
Version 1.08: Some of the spawns after wave #115 are a bit different than before. Shadowmen can no longer make other Shadowmen invulnerable, the Tower is now nigh-invulnerable while charging up the Tactical Nuke (but enemies won't flee, like with Tower Defense), and the music should no longer glitch repeatedly when saving/loading.
Version 1.09: "Chaos Legion" (waves 124-126) made somewhat harder with the addition of 3 extra units, Chaos Ancient throw range adjusted, Blademaster boss is now a little earlier so the bosses are a bit more evenly spread out, cutscene glitch fixed, Gazz Stripbolt (second goblin madman) hp increased by 1000, Vampire attack speed decreased to 2.5, item stacking system added.
Version 1.10: Item stacking system *removed* due to major glitch causing the wavetimer to malfunction horribly, breaking the game. Hopefully I can figure out what's wrong then put it back in.
Version 1.11: Item stacking system fixed and re-added. Tactical Nuke and Sortie now have cooldowns.
Version 1.12: Minor balance changes, textual fixes, and bugfixes.

The Tower Defense has failed! The waves are relentless! The Towers
have been destroyed! The Player has ragequit in frustration! Things look bleak for
Defenselesstown. But wait! There's one tower left!

And boy, does he look pissed.

___

The Last Tower is a frenetic single player survival game that parodies (but is not a) tower
defense. It will test your strategy and reflexes as you face off against an unforgiving
onslaught of foes, complete with unique abilities and AI, each of which adds a new layer
to the game's strategy as you progress onward.

• 135 waves of over-the-top survival mayhem.
  • 24 unique enemy types, complete with their own AI and abilities. They are not merely
    HP bags of increasing size (as in many survival games), but instead each new foe adds a
    new layer to the game's strategy.
  • 3 unique bosses (4 if you count Gazz Stripbolt) and 9 special events.
  • Well over an hour of fast-paced gameplay at minimum (if you don't ever die).
  • Burn, electrocute, imaple, zap, eviscerate, explode, or eat your enemies with an arsenal
    of abilities and weapons ranging from creating earthquakes to launching tactical nukes.
  • Two difficulty levels (Easy and Normal)
  • Custom (and customizable) Soundtrack.
  • Frenetic and challenging gameplay.
  • Finely tuned balance.
  • Convenient Item Stacking system allows you to hold many charged items in a single inventory slot.
  • Full in-game dialog menu system.
  • Detailed quest menu containing an enemy encyclopedia, finely detailed information on
    every ability and command, and more.
  • Skippable cinematics.
  • Multiboards, timers, hints, and all-around interface polish.
  • In game hints, warnings, and updates contextually give you relevant tips when you need
    them (or, if you don't want them, you can turn them off!)
  • Works with save/load system.
  • Seal of approval from testers looking for any signs of glitches.

omfgimpossible.jpg

IStandAlone.jpg

GoodIllusionShot.jpg

Carnage1.jpg

Mechaboom2.jpg

Bladejump2.jpg

Bladewhirl2.jpg

Cavalier5.jpg

ChaosLegion2.jpg

DecimatorWave2.jpg

Gruntmass2.jpg

NecroShieldsWalk2.jpg

Ooze3.jpg

OgreWave.jpg

Ratso2.jpg

Repair3.jpg

ShadowCouncil3.jpg

nuke2.jpg

Valk2.jpg

Valk4.jpg

Shieldbearer1.jpg

• Game Design: Caedrus
  • Models: Valkyrie by SinisterX, Spirit of Vengeance by Ergius, Nuke (and some other special effects) by WILL THE ALMIGHTY,
    Decimator attack effect by Amigurumi, Nuke Countdown Aura by General Frank, Kodo Beast Tower by Ket, The King by Tranquil
  • Icons: Pansy Bow icon by T4COBELL, Tactical Nuke icon by Mc !
  • Systems: Easy Item Stack and Split by Dangerb0y
  • Music: L80ETC, Rob Zombie, Dope
  • Testing: RenegadePaladin

Keywords:
The, Last, Tower, Hero, Survival, Hard, Challenging, Defense, Caedrus, AI, Single, siege, strategy, tactics, epic, original, humor, funny, comedy, met
Contents

The Last Tower v1.12 (Map)

Level 11
Can you post screenshots and add a preview image, it'll look more attractive thus more downloads. Your description can be improved if you use BB Codes since it looks pretty much messy atm; makes me not want to read.

Thanks for the advice! (+rep)
Anyways, I hope you'll download, play, and enjoy it, despite the initial lack of screenshots and preview image. :)

Unfortunately, I am not an artist (at least, not in the sense of drawing) and not really capable of drawing a preview picture like many of these other maps up here have.
My art lies in gameplay design. The best I can do is put in a posed screenshot as a map preview.

Edit: Formatting revised a bit after learning to use the BBCode; will add screenshots soon!
Edit2: Updated with a preview picture! Will add screenshots soon!

An excellent single-player map. This requires careful resource management and skill utilization to beat; I like it because it makes you think rather than just succeed by clicking fast enough.

Thanks for the positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Awesome map gets a Review P:

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*Note I played on EASY difficulty*

• Nice Preview screen image
  • Nice way to select difficulty (Where is the hard difficulty? Should go easy, medium or hard if not then it should just go Easy or Hard)
  • Nice intro cinematic (Although all units should have custom voices/narrator to make it even better)
  • Nice Number of units per round
  • Love the tactical nuke sound effects

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • The game worked

• No Custom Loading Screen
  • Not much use of custom icons/models/skins etc
  • Bobs guns seems a bit over priced.
  • Items don't stack if all 8 slots are filled (States inventory is full) this is a new con found in version 1.11L

• Could add an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding
  • Maybe you could add a youtube video of gameplay (This will attract more downloads if done well)
  • Add a credits list (a must have) Added

• Custom Loading Screen(Makes the loading of the map worth the wait, if you can't make one you could get someone pretty easily who will)
  • Add more items to Bobs guns (See suggestion Bobs Guns Items)
  • Add custom icons/models/skins mainly for (spells, buildings and the tower itself)

I was thinking that bobs guns has the same 7 items throughout the whole game. This could easily be changed.

My idea is that at the for say 200 gold you could upgrade your Bobs Guns to Novice Bobs Guns, then for 250 gold you could upgrade your Novice Bobs Guns to Ultimate Bobs Guns.

Novice Bobs Guns would sell:
  • Poisoned spirit of Vengeance - The towers now poison enemies - costs 50 gold
  • Stun Tatical Nuke - hurts all units within range of explosion and stuns the other units just outside the explosion area - costs 90 gold
  • Mixed Sorties - Sends out a mixture of ranged and melee Sorties - costs 75 gold
  • Extreme Ranged Salvo - Range increased - costs 65 gold
  • Repair - Stays the same - costs 90 gold
  • Extra distance Mine Launcher - Now does damage to units within a wider range - costs 65 gold
  • Healing Manafront - Now heals 50 hp aswell - 40 gold

Ultimate Bobs Guns would sell:
  • Poisoned stun spirit of Vengeance - The towers now stun enemies - costs 80 gold
  • Extreme Stun Tatical Nuke -Increased range of nuke by 2x - costs 110 gold
  • Super Mixed Sorties - Sends out a mixture of mage, ranged and melee Sorties - costs 95 gold
  • Extreme Ranged Homing Salvo - Now homes in on units for 3 seconds and then explodes on impact (If doesn't reach unit it explodes anyway dealing damage to anything nearby) - costs 75 gold
  • Extra distance gas Mine Launcher - Now releases a gas cloud on explosion (gas cloud stays there until end of wave) - costs 70 gold
  • Extreme Healing Manafront - Now heals 100 hp - 60 gold

Just a few ways and items to spice up the Bobs Guns shop!

*NOTE you would only upgrade your building if you could afford it as everything would become better but more expensive*

I was thinking our tower has the same old boring arrow throughout the whole game. This gets a bit boring so I came up with a new way to fix this.

My idea is that their would be a building called Bobs arrows and this shop would sell arrow upgrades for the tower.

Bobs Arrows would sell:
Element arrows:
  • Ice - (freezes for 2 seconds and slows attack until death) - cost 100 gold
  • Fire - (Burn an enemy for 2 seconds) - cost 100 gold
  • Darkness - (Curses enemy dealing damage for 2 seconds) - cost 100 gold
  • Grass - (trap an enemy for 2 second) - cost 100 gold
  • Lightning - (lightning bounces between 2 enemies) - cost 100 gold
  • Stun - (would stun) -cost 100 gold

*NOTE you can only have one element arrow at a time, and can change your element at any time for another 100gold*

Bobs Arrows would also sell:
  • Arrow Speed - increases speed of arrow by 2x - costs 150 gold
  • Double arrow - Shoots 2 arrows at once - cost 110 gold
  • Multi-Shot - Shoots 2 enemies at once - costs 200 gold

Just an idea to spice the game up :D

Overall, the map is a fun for a single player tower defence type map with a unique twist which I liked because you are the tower. Although the map is single player I think it is a good map and very fun to play. The map is also good because I didn't find any glitches/bugs/erros in the stuff that I tested. I would suggest this map to friends and people who like a single player tower defence map with a twist and I would also suggest this map to friends as there are no bugs/glitches/errors that I found.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 it doesn't get a 5 as their are still a few cons and things you could fix and a few things you could add to the game to make it better.

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS:Very good map, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you bring it in the future :D

Last edited:
Level 4
Nice-Nice game! Just one prob tho...After the third boss, you get to many casters with shield, Necromancers spawn with them and later comes the guy that puts invulnerable on everyone...How am I supposed to beat that!,anyways, good game!

Level 11
And now to respond to everybody!

nice game, evem though i only got to the first boss, lost on him, i had moved my tower so it was at the gate, but he had like 20 spawners, and i couldnt kill them there were so many guys coming...

Well, here's a few strategies you can use to beat the first boss:
Strategy 1 (The Easy, Expensive Way): Save up a tactical nuke before you get to the first boss. Make sure to dodge his initial salvos with beast of burden form. Once he gets near the center and tries to start encircling you with minions, use Earth to slow him down and hit him in the dead center of a nuke. Hitting him with the full damage should have made him get low enough that he'll transform, but with Earth running he won't be able to get to you quickly. Proceed to finish him off with strafing shots and Fire blasts. If he gets too close, use Salvo or Sortie.

Strategy 2 (Save Your Resources For Later Way): Dodge his initial attacks, and keep Storm ready each time he throws down a factory. Slow him down as much as you can with Earth, and blow up his factories on him as soon as they spawn with a Storm spell. Use Fire as often as you can to whittle him down. You can beat him this way with no items and no health loss at all, if you manage your skill use well and aim right.

BTW, I suggest *not* staying right near the gate on most waves. The AI reacts and tries to counter corner camping strategies on many waves (the Goblin Madman is one wave where staying right near the gate is probably not a good idea, because he'll set up spawners far away from you and snipe at you with salvos. Better to stay in his face and keep him locked down). There are some exceptions though when it's really good idea to hide at the back behind a spirit of vengeance or two (The Dragon-Filled Skies waves and the Cavalier rushes come to mind). For most of the game, though, I advise staying near the center.

Keep at it, man! It's not a game that was intended to be easily beaten on the first attempt... you gotta work for it. Further, the game gets a lot more intense (and strategically more complex) towards the later waves. You're just getting started. :)

Nice-Nice game! Just one prob tho...After the third boss, you get to many casters with shield, Necromancers spawn with them and later comes the guy that puts invulnerable on everyone...How am I supposed to beat that!,anyways, good game!

Ah, you've gotten to where it starts getting good. That's the Arcane Council you're up against, and they mean business :). They, and pretty much every wave after them, uses unit synergy and AI strategies to make them significantly more difficult than the sum of their parts.

To beat the Arcane Council:
Hide behind a spirit of vengeance to kill their initial Spellbreaker wave without losing mana, or simply recover the lost mana with a Manafont. Once the necros/snowcasters come, you should strafe carefully to avoid the waves of Blizzards while sniping out the Necromancers one by one with Purge or Salvo (Necromancers cannot revive other Necromancers!). You can't simply keep moving... you have to be attentive! The AI'll sometimes try to aim ahead of you or box you in with their blizzards. If you do find yourself boxed in, use Tower Defense to run outside the box safely. While you're sniping out the necromancers, spam Fire to whittle away the shields of the Snowcasters, maneuvering yourself such that you hit as many as possible per shot. About the time that the necromancers are down you should be through their shields, and then they should fall pretty quickly. Just keep moving and avoiding the blizzards and you should get out of it okay.

Later, when The Shadow Men show up to make people invulnerable, *hit them ASAP* with Salvo or Purge to knock out their invulnerability aura! Reaction time is important, and the few seconds of invulnerability they buy for the frontliners can spell your end!

Keep at it, man! You're almost to the end! :)

Well I was recently saw this map and as it looked good, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*Note I played on EASY difficulty*

• Nice Preview screen image
  • Nice way to select difficulty (Where is the hard difficulty? Should go easy, medium or hard if not then it should just go Easy or Hard)
  • Nice intro cinematic (Although all units should have custom voices/narrator to make it even better)
  • Nice Number of units per round

• No Bugs
  • No Glitches
  • The game worked
  • Love the tactical nuke sound effects

• No Custom Loading Screen
  • Not much use of custom icons/models/skins etc
  • Bobs guns seems a bit over priced.

• Could add an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding
  • Maybe you could add a youtube video of gameplay (This will attract more downloads if done well)
  • Add a credits list (a must have)

• Custom Loading Screen(Makes the loading of the map worth the wait, if you can't make one you could get someone pretty easily who will)
  • Add more items to Bobs guns (See suggestion Bobs Guns Items)
  • Add custom icons/models/skins mainly for (spells, buildings and the tower itself)

I was thinking that bobs guns has the same 7 items throughout the whole game. This could easily be changed.

My idea is that at the for say 200 gold you could upgrade your Bobs Guns to Novice Bobs Guns, then for 250 gold you could upgrade your Novice Bobs Guns to Ultimate Bobs Guns.

Novice Bobs Guns would sell:
  • Poisoned spirit of Vengeance - The towers now poison enemies - costs 50 gold
  • Stun Tatical Nuke - hurts all units within range of explosion and stuns the other units just outside the explosion area - costs 90 gold
  • Mixed Sorties - Sends out a mixture of ranged and melee Sorties - costs 75 gold
  • Extreme Ranged Salvo - Range increased - costs 65 gold
  • Extra distance Mine Launcher - Now does damage to units within a wider range - costs 65 gold
  • Healing Manafront - Now heals 50 hp aswell - 40 gold

Ultimate Bobs Guns would sell:
  • Poisoned stun spirit of Vengeance - The towers now stun enemies - costs 80 gold
  • Extreme Stun Tatical Nuke -Increased range of nuke by 2x - costs 110 gold
  • Super Mixed Sorties - Sends out a mixture of mage, ranged and melee Sorties - costs 95 gold
  • Extreme Ranged Homing Salvo - Now homes in on units for 3 seconds and then explodes on impact (If doesn't reach unit it explodes anyway dealing damage to anything nearby) - costs 75 gold
  • Extra distance gas Mine Launcher - Now releases a gas cloud on explosion (gas cloud stays there until end of wave) - costs 70 gold
  • Extreme Healing Manafront - Now heals 100 hp - 60 gold

Just a few ways and items to spice up the Bobs Guns shop!

*NOTE you would only upgrade your building if you could afford it as everything would become better but more expensive*

I was thinking our tower has the same old boring arrow throughout the whole game. This gets a bit boring so I came up with a new way to fix this.

My idea is that their would be a building called Bobs arrows and this shop would sell arrow upgrades for the tower.

Bobs Arrows would sell:
Element arrows:
  • Ice - (freezes for 2 seconds and slows attack until death) - cost 100 gold
  • Fire - (Burn an enemy for 2 seconds) - cost 100 gold
  • Darkness - (Curses enemy dealing damage for 2 seconds) - cost 100 gold
  • Grass - (trap an enemy for 2 second) - cost 100 gold
  • Lightning - (lightning bounces between 2 enemies) - cost 100 gold
  • Stun - (would stun) -cost 100 gold

*NOTE you can only have one element arrow at a time, and can change your element at any time for another 100gold*

Bobs Arrows would also sell:
  • Arrow Speed - increases speed of arrow by 2x - costs 150 gold
  • Double arrow - Shoots 2 arrows at once - cost 110 gold
  • Multi-Shot - Shoots 2 enemies at once - costs 200 gold

Just an idea to spice the game up :D

Overall, the map is a fun for a single player tower defence type map with a unique twist which I liked because you are the tower. Although the map is single player I think it is a good map and very fun to play. The map is also good because I didn't find any glitches/bugs/erros in the stuff that I tested. I would suggest this map to friends and people who like a single player tower defence map with a twist and I would also suggest this map to friends as there are no bugs/glitches/errors that I found.

I Vote for Approval and would give it a 4/5 it doesn't get a 5 as their are still a few cons and things you could fix and a few things you could add to the game to make it better.

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS:Very good map, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you bring it in the future :D

Lol at the beginning cinematic "OMFG this game is impossible !" xDD
Well made game, quite difficult when you reach some higher waves.
4/5

I'm glad you guys like it. And yes, it is intended to be challenging. However, I've been able to beat the game on Normal with hundreds of gold left over (and a full complement of items left over) when I tested it, so I don't think Bob's Guns is overpriced (just priced enough that you have to use consideration when purchasing and using equipment). You have to carefully consider which tool is best for each job and moderate your resources carefully, as Renegade Paladin suggested in the first reply. Efficiency is key to surviving to the very end. If you're choosing your skill use carefully, you should have more than enough gold. I make the game challenging so that, ultimately, it is rewarding when you finally manage to beat the game. It may be challenging, but I guarantee it can be done. :)

As for the item suggestions, thanks for the ideas! You may see some of these in the future (particularly since I am considering the possibility of making a more sophisticated multiplayer version of this game... if there appears to be enough demand for that sort of thing).

As for the custom loading screen art and voice acting suggestions... I don't know anyone who could do that for me, but I'd gladly add it if someone would make it ;)

Lag_Reviews said:
* Could add an upcoming updates log so we know what you are working on fixing/adding
* Maybe you could add a youtube video of gameplay (This will attract more downloads if done well)
* Add a credits list (a must have)

Credits list added. Upcoming updates... well, I don't plan on adding much more, other than that if there's much of a response to *this* game I think I'll go forward with The Last Tower Online. I'm considering the possibility of adding to the soundtrack ("I Stand Alone" and "Kill The King") but that would increase the file size and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

As for a youtube video... I've never made a video before. Any advice (or links to decent tutorials) on how I would go about creating a Youtube video? Any special software I need?

Anyways, thanks for all the feedback guys! And happy gaming :D

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I guess I could finish the ending cinematic I planned to make and didn't (due to time constraints; I made this map to win a clan mapping contest) for a future update. As is, the ending is a rather minimalist substitute involving pretty explosions. I'll get right on that when I can find the time.

Last edited:
Level 2
aprove coz singleplayer map so rare, all wanna make they own megawowlikeorpg ololo..

Level 4
Well, I must admit :( I was whosyourdaddying it to the end. I only beaten boss 3 because I activated the cheat. I usually leave it off at bosses and use 2 Nukes, 2 Groups of valykres and two full salvos.

Level 11
Well, I must admit :( I was whosyourdaddying it to the end. I only beaten boss 3 because I activated the cheat. I usually leave it off at bosses and use 2 Nukes, 2 Groups of valykres and two full salvos.

Try beating it without cheats then ;)

Also, I usually beat the Gazz and Ratso without any items whatsoever (Though I always use some for The Blademaster and The King... but nowhere near 2 nukes, 2 valks, and 2 full salvos! Heck, for everyone but The King 2 nukes is pretty much a guaranteed instant kill on its own)

Last edited:
Level 7
:O a typo!

Just found some typo's, P:

When: Wave 83

Mode: Easy

Typo Location: New Unit Encountered! Berserkers are tough troll ranged units
with a very fast attac

Typo Error: Should say attacK not attac.

Screen-shot of typo:
2079xcl.png

When: Somewhere between 85-90

Typo Location: New Unit Encountered! Black Oozes will split off into multiple, smaller oozes when killed. Use fire to inciner them entire.

Typo Error: Should say incinerate not inciner and should say entirely instead of entire. Also where it says smaller oozes, the word oozes should have a capital O.

Screen-shot of typo #2:
2hek7zt.jpg

When: Wave 98

Typo Location:New Unit Encountered! Chaos units are swift units that will harvest lumber from your tower for resources(damaging it) and use them to build Chaos Ancients, dangerous enemy towers with a chaos attacks, high hit points and immunity to fire.

How it should read: New Unit Encountered! Chaos units are swift units that will harvest lumber from your tower for resources(damaging it) and use them to build Chaos Ancients, dangerous enemy towers with a chaos attacks, high hit points and an immunity to fire.

Screen-shot of typo:
espvzc.jpg

Hope this helps you and can be fixed,
Lag_Reviews

PS: I will update it if I find more typos/errors.

Last edited:
Level 11
Just found some typo's, P:

When: Wave 83

Typo Location: New Unit Encountered! Berserkers are tough troll ranged units
with a very fast attac

Typo Error: Should say attacK not attac.

Screen-shot of typo:
2079xcl.png

When: Somewhere between 85-90

Typo Location: New Unit Encountered! Black Oozes will split off into multiple, smaller oozes when killed. Use fire to inciner them entire.

Typo Error: Should say incinerate not inciner and should say entirely instead of entire. Also where it says smaller oozes, the word oozes should have a capital O.

Screen-shot of typo #2:
2hek7zt.jpg

Hope this helps you and can be fixed,
Lag_Reviews

PS: I will update it if I find more typos/errors.

Thanks, I'll fix those. Don't know how those things got cut off at the end...

Edit: Well this is a stumper... I just checked the trigger editor and it says "attack" not "attac" for the trolls, and it indeed says "incinerate" and "entirely" for the oozes. What could be going wrong to make them show up differently in game than how I typed them in the trigger editor?
However, I did find the "Chaos Attacks" line and fixed it.

Last edited:
Level 10
Quite good map, but nothing for me, i think it would have been better if you made it able to somehow upgrade to a better tower, else then the current level-system

B.T.W: funny with the hearts that you get when you pick easy, annoying, but fun

Last edited:
Level 11
v1.06 UPDATE!
1.06 makes some balance changes. Namely, Easy Mode is even easier, and the last few waves (after 115) got some small but important adjustments. Also, Decimators are a bit easier to dodge now. :grin:

Happy gaming!

Edit: Also, expect me to be adding screenshots soon, as well as a video showing those of you having trouble how to beat it. Should have at least one of those up by Monday or Tuesday. For the weekend though, I'm booked straight.

For now though, take my advice: A good offense is the best defense! You may have more than double the durability on Easy Mode, but if you're not taking out the enemies efficiently you'll still lose!

Level 7
weeelll... im pretty angry at necros and the knight guys now, they destroyed the gate then ignored me JUST THE NECROS DID but the knights attacked me then I lost but the necros didnt reach the city yet and started attacking me again, you should lose after they kill a unit in the city.

Level 11
weeelll... im pretty angry at necros and the knight guys now, they destroyed the gate then ignored me JUST THE NECROS DID but the knights attacked me then I lost but the necros didnt reach the city yet and started attacking me again, you should lose after they kill a unit in the city.

Yeah, Cavaliers are sneaky little bastards who show up when you least expect them to go attack your gate. I advise putting mines and a spirit or two at your gate, where anything that's not cavaliers will ignore them, giving you both a fallback point if things turn ugly and preventing Cavaliers from sneaking in while your attention is divided. If you think they're bad now, try Cavaliers/Necros/Shadowmen for one of the last waves ;)

As for the enemies going back to you after breaching the gate... that could be a glitch with the AI. They should (and usually do) completely ignore you after getting inside the town, proceeding to kill everything in the city. I'll see what's wrong and fix it right away (or, at least, as soon as I get back home on Monday).

Level 7
well i dunno, i was at the gates at the time, trying to kill the horsemen, but they kept getting rezzed and i killed 2 necros, 1 rezzed 1 and the other rezzed the last and i was just sitting there like wth?

EDIT forgot to mention this but dragons arent affected by storm, dunno if its intentional but imo flying would be most affected by it.

Level 11
well i dunno, i was at the gates at the time, trying to kill the horsemen, but they kept getting rezzed
Like I said, you should kill the necromancers first.

EDIT forgot to mention this but dragons arent affected by storm, dunno if its intentional but imo flying would be most affected by it.

Yep, Dragons aren't affected by Storm normally (but they are affected by the explosions caused by targeting mech units). Dragons are tricky precisely because, like Spell Breakers most things don't work on them.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi! Quite a fun game~

Here is my opinion.

Fun and good points:

* The idea of having a mobile tower is good as i will be able to move to avoid glaives and shockwaves.
* Interesting enemy spawns as they have different unique abilities.
* Strategic spells that are more effective against some enemies.
* Items are useful in defending during early waves.
* Nice music.

Negative Points:

* Salvos deal too little damage at later waves [80++] and thus needs to be used multiple times to stop a wave from a side.
* Gets repetitive when i reached wave 80++ and i quit at wave 85.
* Allow Sortie to attack range as my sortie are being decimated by 1 green dragon while i was busy defending from other sides.

Improvements:

* Add more levels for the tower's skills as there is nothing to look forward to when we maxed them.

* Advanced Item Shop for more powerful salvo, mines etc at a higher cost so that we dont need to spam.

Overall as i said earlier, its a fun game :D

Level 11
Dragoncy said:
Here is my opinion.

...You say it gets repetitive after 80... yet only played 5 waves after 80? Huh? :eekani: How about you actually play it before you judge?

After wave 85 you still have 3 more bosses, several new enemy types, and, perhaps more importantly, a boost in the AI's strategies.

Salvos deal too little damage at later waves [80++] and thus needs to be used multiple times to stop a wave from a side.
But... you say you quit after Wave 85. Yet again, how about you actually play the majority of the game after wave 80 before saying that things are useless after wave 80?

I would have to disagree with you here... I think that Salvo remains essential into the late game for its ability to counter Chaos Ancients, Shadowmen, Necromancers, melee swarms, or stunlock bosses, not to mention their range and precision.

If you expect any one item to wipe out a side for you in the late game, you'll be sorely disappointed. This is not a game where you simply buy bigger guns to mount increasing challenges.

Hi! Quite a fun game~
Dragoncy said:
Overall as i said earlier, its a fun game :D
How kind of you to downrate it for this given reason, then. :-\

Last edited:
Level 2
Whoa, wait a minute. You think it was repetitive after only five waves?

First of all, the waves come in groupings of five, as you may have noticed; the first five waves were all grunts, the next five were grunts and archers, etc. One more wave would have changed it all up, just like every fifth wave had done every cycle before. Second, 80-85 is a lot less repetitive than 1-5, or 6-10, or 11-15. They get less and less repetitive as more units are added. So essentially, this doesn't make any sense. Care to explain? :eekani:

Level 1
This game is very impressive :D
It is difficult so that you keep your interest in it.
My only suggestions is to maybe do a custom loading screen, since that would be a really nice addition to the map.

Level 6
Whoa, wait a minute. You think it was repetitive after only five waves?

First of all, the waves come in groupings of five, as you may have noticed; the first five waves were all grunts, the next five were grunts and archers, etc. One more wave would have changed it all up, just like every fifth wave had done every cycle before. Second, 80-85 is a lot less repetitive than 1-5, or 6-10, or 11-15. They get less and less repetitive as more units are added. So essentially, this doesn't make any sense. Care to explain? :eekani:

Yes waves after 80, around 3-4 salvos are needed for 1 wave on each side, while 1-2 mines can wipe out 1 wave thus i feel that at higher stages [100+] salvos are ineffective. This is why i questioned the effectiveness of salvo at later waves.

Well, i quit at wave 85 partially because i feel that i was being overwhelmed with the things to do. Eg, increased amount of mines needed to be prepared on my right, ready second skill to slow the enemy on my left, more and more salvos needed as the waves go by to stop enemy in the middle due to ministun and long range. This is a continuous cycle since the time i was able to afford the salvos and mines and this is the reason why i feel that it get repetive over the time due to the small variety of items that can be bought and used.

Thus i feel that, the game should have an advanced item shop where people can look forward to at higher levels instead of still using the same items which are getting ineffective as waves increases.

Level 2
Yes waves after 80, around 3-4 salvos are needed for 1 wave on each side, while 1-2 mines can wipe out 1 wave thus i feel that at higher stages [100+] salvos are ineffective. This is why i questioned the effectiveness of salvo at later waves.

Well, i quit at wave 85 partially because i feel that i was being overwhelmed with the things to do. Eg, increased amount of mines needed to be prepared on my right, ready second skill to slow the enemy on my left, more and more salvos needed as the waves go by to stop enemy in the middle due to ministun and long range. This is a continuous cycle since the time i was able to afford the salvos and mines and this is the reason why i feel that it get repetive over the time due to the small variety of items that can be bought and used.

Thus i feel that, the game should have an advanced item shop where people can look forward to at higher levels instead of still using the same items which are getting ineffective as waves increases.
But the units don't get increased HP as the waves increase past a certain point; the increased difficulty comes from unit synergy. A given type of unit doesn't get harder to kill with Salvo as the waves go on, and it always stuns, which makes it useful in delaying and interrupting even if it doesn't kill. Besides, if you stopped at wave 85, how would you know about waves 100+?

Level 11
This game is very impressive :D
It is difficult so that you keep your interest in it.
My only suggestions is to maybe do a custom loading screen, since that would be a really nice addition to the map.
great map. its unlike any other TD i've played, and i like it. it gets tough later on when you have to pay attention to so much. i think you could add more items, but then again, it is an early version. I approve it :)
the best single player map ive ever played. 5/5!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Hey, thanks for the reviews! Glad you all enjoyed it :)
I'll see what I can do about a custom loading screen. As for more items, look forward to that in the sequel ;)

Besides, if you stopped at wave 85, how would you know about waves 100+?

I think Dragoncy believes he has precognitive powers or something...

Last edited:
Level 11
oh by the way, plx add a item stack system :D

Pritty enoing when you can't get it all in one stack, like repair, missles, mines, mana pot.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! Can't see any reason it wouldn't be an outright improvement at least. I think I'll add that in the next update. Or at least a future update. Thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: UPDATED! Item stacking system (among other things) added! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Level 2
There's a bug. I wasnt in the middle and the dragons flew over the gate and destroyed the town. I coudn't do anything.
Then they flew in the middle angain to me and the game ended with the message: "The gate has been destroyed!" Can you fix that? :)

Level 11
There's a bug. I wasnt in the middle and the dragons flew over the gate and destroyed the town. I coudn't do anything.
Then they flew in the middle angain to me and the game ended with the message: "The gate has been destroyed!" Can you fix that? :)

Hmmm... that definitely shouldn't happen! Was this on the latest version? Because I thought I fixed that >_>
Also, if it was on the latest version, it would be helpful if you could send me the replay (it's okay if you can't, though).

Edit: Item stacking system added and screenshots added.

Last edited:
Level 2
What would be nice is a Multiplayer version (5 players max) that would scale up the difficulty with each player that is in the game.
Otherwise map is quite awesome to be honest, Really liked it compared to ordinary TD's

this is not at all what i expected. i mean that in a good way
this is SO FUN!!! i like the music, it really fits. and the nuke sound effect is something to LOL forever about.
this is rly fun, reminds me somewhat of storm the house, a pretty fun flash game that just about everyone has played; if you have not, play Storm the House 3 NOW!!
i give it a 5 for good sound effects, interesting spells, fun gameplay, somewhat originality to warcraft III, fitting cinematics, and LOLarious.
some 2-player would be nice; the players could be seperated and this turned into a solo survivor type of thing. some team mode would be interesting as well, but for now just solo survivor mode; i need somebody to talk to or it gets boring :(

Level 7
if you changed it so that you lose if a person in the city dies, you could make it so your teleported automatically just by the town if the gate is destroyed, and make yourself revive each round if you die(you killed everyone with towers of vengence a nuke etc but you died.)