• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bomberman 1.74

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-Bomberman project I've been working on for awhile now.

========================

•Move with the [Arrow keys]
•Place bomb with [ESC] (Top left)

========================

-Powerups:

•+Range
•+Speed
•+Bombs
•Kick Bomb
•Powerless
•Shield
•Self Bomb

========================

Hope you Enjoy!

========================

New Stuff:

1.74: Red crates randomly spawn, which have Big Bombs inside of them.

Keywords:
Bomb, man, Bomberman, Fun, Game, Minigame, gameslayer001, Arena, Arcade, SNES, Power.
Contents

Bomberman 1.74 (Map)

Reviews
19:18, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Re-moderating with review and rating! Date: 2011/Oct/15 14:36:25 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or...

M

19:18, 13th Jan 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
Update: Re-moderating with review and rating!
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 14:36:25
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 3/5 Acceptable
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment:
First method of rating:

1) Terrain - okay (3.5)
The terrain is okay, it is very good texture. Although to get a better rating for this you could add dessert/water/ice etc arenas plus some arenas are too small for multiple players.

2) Fun factor/gameplay - Good(4)
The game-play of the game is pretty good although there is room for improvement. You start out placing bombs and getting upgrades then you have to bomb your enemies. You sorta need something a bit more, ill explain what in the stuff to add.

3) Single player - Bad (1)
Single player is really bad because there is no AI support.

4) AI support - Horrible (0)
There is no AI support :( that part gets a 0

5) Originality - Average (4.5)
This map is very original and unique as it is a one of a kind hero kill where you use bombs to destroy your way to the enemy then bomb him.

6) File Size - Reasonable (3)
File size is a bit on the small side (This means you have alot of room for improvement) But overall, the file size is reasonable.

7) Internet/LAN Friendly - Excellent (5)
Works very well over LAN and Internet, as it does not crash for random reasons.

8) Balancing - Excellent (5)
You balance this game excellently. As mentioned above, the idea is to bomb the enemies. Although some people would say that the items are not spread out but they are.

9) Credits - Excellent (1)
You do not list the credits at all.

10) Theme - Excellent (5)
Bomb the enemy - awesome theme.

11) Description/Information/Detail - Average (3.5)
add some pictures/youtube video to the description to make it good, maybe a upcoming update log, a changelog and add credits.

12) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
Fits all Hiveworkshop Rules!

Overall top rating (40.5/60)

Second method of rating:

Game-play [4/5]:
The game-play of the game is pretty good although there is room for improvement. You start out placing bombs and getting upgrades then you have to bomb your enemies. You sorta need something a bit more, ill explain what in the stuff to add.

Balance [5/5]:
You balance this game excellently. As mentioned above, the idea is to bomb the enemies. Although some people would say that the items are not spread out but they are.

Visuals [2/5]:
The visuals of the game, the look and feel is just average and here is why. You do not have any custom models for units, just the bomb. The terrain is the same in every arena although the one terrain has very good texture. Although to get a better rating for this you could add dessert/water/ice etc arenas plus some arenas are too small for multiple players.

Usefulness of the map [4/5]:
Other then a couple of tweaks and fixes, I would share this game to anyone who enjoys a destroy the enemy with a bomb type map. IF you work out a few more tweaks, I am sure you will get a higher grade. This map is very useful/fun.

Other Points [3/5]:
While the idea of the game is very good and suits the map well, although it still has alot of things that could be done to make it look, feel and even be more enjoyable all over. Although on a good point there are no bugs within the game that I have actually found. Overall the game is working, has no bugs and just a few customization issues in need to make it a 5/5 star map.

Stuff to add in future (-4):
  • Add AI support
  • Add More doodads to the terrain (make more arenas ice/water/dirt/dessert etc)
  • Add creeps around to the boxes you blow up (creeps can attack like normal except there damage is 15 and you need to bomb them to destroy them)
  • Add health regens to the boxes (heals 20hp over 10 seconds).
  • Add health to the bomber (200hp max)
  • Add custom models to the bombers
  • Add a bomber selector at start of map (Each bomber has different models and abilities) For example The super bomber has good accuracy and bad range whereas the ranger bomb has bad accuracy and good range and the tank bomber could have bad ranger and accuracy but high power(tank bomber does like 40hp damage with a bomb instead of 30hp damage.
  • add bomb strength each bomb does 30hp damage to ure bomber and creeps, there could be bomb strength upgrades round the map like upgrade so each bomb does 50hp damage.
  • Add bigger field. they are too small if you have a full house
  • Add custom loading Screen picture(the one when you click start game)
  • Add how to play, credits and updates to the quest interface F9 ingame

18/25 (from above)
minus 4 for the stuff you need to add to make it better
Overall Bottom Rating (14/25)

images

Overall with a few tweaks this will be an awesome map,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: Nice custom gameplay. Keep up the good work and i'm sure this map will become huge!

Level 8
I must say that this is the best bomberman map that I have seen released. HOWEVER, I like mine better :p If I ever finish it up and release it, you will see why. Keep practicing your vJASS so you can make your map as epic/efficient as possible. +rep for the good work

Level 7
Awesome map in the progress, here is my review :p

Awesome map :p it should be higher rating.

Although It is not perfect so... let me rate this map!

First method of rating:

1) Terrain - okay (3.5)
The terrain is okay, it is very good texture. Although to get a better rating for this you could add dessert/water/ice etc arenas plus some arenas are too small for multiple players.

2) Fun factor/gameplay - Good(4)

3) Single player - Bad (1)
Single player is really bad because there is no AI support.

4) AI support - Horrible (0)
There is no AI support :( that part gets a 0

5) Originality - Average (4.5)
This map is very original and unique as it is a one of a kind hero kill where you use bombs to destroy your way to the enemy then bomb him.

6) File Size - Reasonable (3)
File size is a bit on the small side (This means you have alot of room for improvement) But overall, the file size is reasonable.

7) Internet/LAN Friendly - Excellent (5)
Works very well over LAN and Internet, as it does not crash for random reasons.

8) Balancing - Excellent (5)

9) Credits - Excellent (1)
You do not list the credits at all.

10) Theme - Excellent (5)
Bomb the enemy - awesome theme.

11) Description/Information/Detail - Average (3.5)
add some pictures/youtube video to the description to make it good, maybe a upcoming update log, a changelog and add credits.

12) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
Fits all Hiveworkshop Rules!

Overall top rating (40.5/60)

Second method of rating:

Game-play [4/5]:

Balance [5/5]:

Visuals [2/5]:
The visuals of the game, the look and feel is just average and here is why. You do not have any custom models for units, just the bomb. The terrain is the same in every arena although the one terrain has very good texture. Although to get a better rating for this you could add dessert/water/ice etc arenas plus some arenas are too small for multiple players.

Usefulness of the map [4/5]:
Other then a couple of tweaks and fixes, I would share this game to anyone who enjoys a destroy the enemy with a bomb type map. IF you work out a few more tweaks, I am sure you will get a higher grade. This map is very useful/fun.

Other Points [3/5]:
While the idea of the game is very good and suits the map well, although it still has alot of things that could be done to make it look, feel and even be more enjoyable all over. Although on a good point there are no bugs within the game that I have actually found. Overall the game is working, has no bugs and just a few customization issues in need to make it a 5/5 star map.

Stuff to add in future (-4):
  • Add AI support
  • Add More doodads to the terrain (make more arenas ice/water/dirt/dessert etc)
  • Add creeps around to the boxes you blow up (creeps can attack like normal except there damage is 15 and you need to bomb them to destroy them)
  • Add health regens to the boxes (heals 20hp over 10 seconds).
  • Add health to the bomber (200hp max)
  • Add custom models to the bombers
  • Add a bomber selector at start of map (Each bomber has different models and abilities) For example The super bomber has good accuracy and bad range whereas the ranger bomb has bad accuracy and good range and the tank bomber could have bad ranger and accuracy but high power(tank bomber does like 40hp damage with a bomb instead of 30hp damage.
  • add bomb strength each bomb does 30hp damage to ure bomber and creeps, there could be bomb strength upgrades round the map like upgrade so each bomb does 50hp damage.
  • Add bigger field. they are too small if you have a full house
  • Add custom loading Screen picture(the one when you click start game)
  • Add how to play, credits and updates to the quest interface F9 ingame

18/25 (from above)
minus 4 for the stuff you need to add to make it better
Overall Bottom Rating (14/25)

images

Overall with a few tweaks this will be an awesome map,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: Nice custom gameplay. Keep up the good work and i'm sure this map will become huge!

Last edited:
Level 5
honestly, i love bomberman maps, but right off the bat this one confuses me. 1 player support? Comon, where is the classic 4 player action

Level 14
i had an unfinished bomberman map (goblins ofc xD), but after playing your decent bomberman game, i can delete mine without worrying.

btw i love the map, nicely done. though i dont think you should add selectable heroes with abilities and/or creeps that attack you. i dont mind you adding loading screen, terrain variety and documentation/info F9.

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Level 23
You should fix all your handle leaks. It's good that you clean up local handles by setting them to null and that you remove and clean up some handles, but as far as I have seen, you dont clean up everything. Fix that...

Level 1
You could work on the visuals and also make the grass blocks instead but overall i like it.Thumbs up for me.

EDIT:just hosted on BA and few asked for the custom bomberman people models and a proper bomb.but overall lots of people enjoyed it.

it would be good if the bomb models were changed and had a visible timer(maybe a no. counting down from 3 on the bomb.and like i said the grass bits need to change to differnt blocks bcuz when i played, the bomb explosion covered the grass and i didnt know there was no grass blocking and some people had this same problem and thought they couldnt move.

Last edited:
Level 3
Oh, the creator of Platform Escape is back! :wink:

I'll give it a shot as soon as I get home from office.

This game sounds awesome. Downloading and reviewing...

Bad Points:
Terrain is sometimes bland and too small.
Annoying music!
Moving can be a bit dodgy.
Maybe add some instructions and credits in the Quest dialog.
Description needs some improvement. Add Changelog and maybe some Screenshots.

Good Points:
Really fun to play.
Custom (but annoying) music.
Triggers function properly.
Multi-player, and also fun to player single-player, where you just blow up the still guy!

Suggestions:
Add more to the description, be adventurous with the terrain, and only if you want, get rid of the friggen' music!

Overall:
4.5/5 rounded up to 5. Superb map. Totally awesomelicious. I recommend you do the suggestions I and others have suggested. Still, beautiful.

Last edited:
Level 9
Looks clean, 2 comments tho:
-You can't kill items with bombs, I remember when I played the real bomberman you could do this
-I've seen items spawn when there were no more bricks to blow up, dunno if it's meant that way

But else then that, great map, look like a lot of fun, wished it had AI, but still should get atleast a 4/5, but for me it deserves a 5 and +rep, gj, keep making good maps

Level 5
I played it the other day and i LOVED it!!! I cant tell you how impressed i was! Random staging and generating (size and placement), great classic arcade music, SOOOOO much functionality in the arrow keys (you can move right even if you are not quite in the right position, it auto compensates for you which should be a MUST since arrow keys naturally lag)
5/5 GREAT JOB!@!
p.s. the one i played was 10 or so player support if i remember (we started with 4), did you switch back to 1 player again??