• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World In Conflict 1.1

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
History
Year 1989 , Soviet Union falls in to disaster because of its bankrupt and disorganized economy. In atempt to remain in power USSR declares war on the Western World. NATO forces in Europe are being attacked by Warsaw Pact armies. Full scale attack was completely unexpected , Soviets battle their way to France trough West Germany. After the first shock convoys resupplied NATO troops with fresh reinforcements and weaponry. This led to a stalling of the Soviet advance. Several weeks later, the USSR attacks America using disguised cargo ships to deliver their forces and quickly take Seattle by surprise. With much of the Army in Europe fighting alongside NATO allies, the Soviet Union quickly advances through the city and into the Cascade Mountains. US forces manage to regroup and reorganize themselves in the Cascade Mountains in a desperate bid to stop advancing Soviet forces...

Gameplay
Action is placed in small American town and area around it.
Mix of ideas form WiC and C&C. Goal is to dominate the region and control at least 8 Targets for 3 minutes. Each targets generates income for whole team. There are few special Targets with diffrent bonuses for team:
-Hospital gives regeneration aura for infantry.
-Radio Building gives bonus attack for all units.
-Airport gives ability of free paradrop anywhere on the map.

Units are orderd in hero based menu , and deliverd with next Income. Income is amount of your Teams control points divided by number of palyers in team.
General( hero) doesnt fight , can only use powers-skills on the map and gather experience.

Credits
-Illidan(Evil)X
-Mechanical_Man
-WILLTHEALLMIGHTY
-Skarb
-Punisher-X

Update:
Beta 0.8c
-added Tactical Nuke
-some minor fixes
Beta 0.8d
-fixed Aircrafts strange glows
-Balance changes
-Now you need to hold domination for 6 minutes to win.
Beta 0.8e
-balance changes
-bug fixes
-ordering system now works properly
Beta 0.87
-fixes
-added apache
-added ARVs
Beta 0.9
-fatal error fix caused by sky control
-added M113, M113 ambulance and M163 VADS
-more fixes
Beta 0.91
-added T-72
-bug fixes
Beta 0.99
-added :
-carpet bombing
-light Airstrike
-paradrops
-CP defences system
===Beta 2============
-New Ordering System
Now you can set drop zone of your units near any controled CP
-New units: Grad, Sa-13 Gopher, UH-60, Mi-8 and M60a3
-New Terrain
-Diffrent Locations
-Reskined M1 Abrams
-balance chanages
-Shortcuts fixes
-other minor improvements
=Ver 1.0=
-fixed bugs
-Ver 1.1=
-fixed new units bug
=======================

As my old maps were stolen i decided to protect this. If you have any questions PM me.
Contents

World In Conflict 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. I can't speak highly enough about this map. This is the picture perfect example of how to use imported material, create themes and manipulate the editor to create a truly unique map. Large battles, intense play if with a full...

M

VGsatomi: Approved. I can't speak highly enough about this map. This is the picture perfect example of how to use imported material, create themes and manipulate the editor to create a truly unique map. Large battles, intense play if with a full house, great layout. One of the better maps on the site. Will be awarded once it leaves beta stage.

Level 3
10/10 Great map very well done I love everything about it. I am glad you added the time longer becuase usually beat the map in five mins. I must disagree with the post below me. I love the city terrain it very well done and not bland one bit.

Level 9
Suggestions for other people:
-DL this map and love it well
-DL my map whens its done lol
About Map:
-10/10
-City terrain is vonderful, but needs a more war-time feeling, like some debris, thats all
-Could make wars bigger, because theres no lagg at all(not saying there should be, but bigger wars would make it more fun)

Level 20
Could make wars bigger
Im not sure if it would be better , i tryed to make micro skill imporant , so you wont just order 1000 tanks to move forward and kill evrything , i think its more intereting that way. Altough im open for suggestions.

Thx guys for commenting :] Much things are still to add like : Realistic Aircraft system , Medics , Reapir Vehicles ,transport chooppers , more Abilities for generals, also i want to add New Tanks for both sides .(M60a3 and T-72)

Level 40
-Nuke leaves a permanent crater that Tanks float over (at the old terrain height)

-American stuff costs too much; for example, an American soldier has a roughly 10% life/damage increase (and no bonus in buildings), and costs almost 50% more.

-Maybe make CPs less valuable, so that a team that gets the upper hand doesn't basically instantly win?

-Choppers should probably have a warning in the tooltip stating that they're not for full frontial assaults - a lot of noobs waste their money on them and can even cost their team the game.

Level 4
I downloaded the map and played it, and it was really good!

One thing i didn't like that much was the fact you beat the gam in about 10-15 minutes.

Another thing is that when u order for example 20 tanks, almost half goes to the a CP, and then they just sit there at the spawning point and block other troops.

Anyway excellent work,
9,5/10

Level 10
Wow im very impressed. Makes me wish i had a model editor. Very cool models. really felt like i was playing world in conflict. Could of has better looking troops though. I used a few of your models in my zombie costoms, the plague modern warfare. But neway u have a really great map. 9/10

Level 5
Good Map!!! I like how you did the special effects of the airdrops, and the support spells.

Planning on any more updates?

Level 1
Exellent game, 10/10.
Never bores me and I host it constant on East.
If your on East and would like to play this map, whisper me if im on.

Problems I Experienced:
-Destructable bridges when nuked!
-Tanks should overrun infantry like in real WiC
-Planes arent that powerful, only when massed over 10.
-No way to reset camera

Thats about it, still the funnest map I've ever played.
Whens the next version due?

Level 9
Hey, loved the map great models,good history!
Here go some things that i want to say:
-Try extend the ocean to put some ships for war or for send other units or both.
-The "CarYugo" don't dissapear when it die.

Last edited:
Level 3
problems?
- tooltips; the spelling mistakes are terribad and some hotkeys dont even correspond to the tooltips themselves
- fix the bridges; either give them a death animation or @ least or make it able survive a nuke. cause it becomes annoying when theres appears to a bridge to cross but u cant cause its destroyed from a nuke or airstrikes
- for some reason, if the two ppl on american side use Light Airstrike at the same time, the F16 doesnt disappear after dropping bombs

I don't like this map.
I think, it is ... crap.
At the beginning, you're totally lost.
There are just a few invisible units to buy more stuff. You could make
all the things a lot more impressive.
Try the map 'Modern Warfare' and compare it with this..

lol...that comment wasnt very helpful...
you could @ least suggest what needs to be improved
and besides, this is meant to be based on C&C/WiC gameplay

btw Modern Warfare isnt even complete, its still under construction

Level 4
Gameplay: 5/5 Well you have the gameplay of the award-winning World in Conflict Strategy game. This ensures an exciting game. The battle wages from north to south, sometimes the soviets are superior but one nuke later it can be the americans who hold more control points. Very nice.

Level Design: 4/5 A very well made town with the surrounding greenland. It looks very nice with the beach and the houses, schools etc. It could just faver some more tactical ways like a mainroad for tanks with different sideways where you could sneak with the infantery.

Sound/Models/: 5/5 Well the models are GREAT .. not only the units, also the doodads and textures. I never saw something as great before.

Heros/Units: 4/5 The units are nice, there are a lot to choose from (maybe a bit to few air) and they all have one or more skills. Bad is that some tooltips are broken, have no icons or no hotkey. Also the general skills are not very well documentated. There is no info about what the advantage of leveling up air support or ground support.

Replayability: 4/5 Since the gameplay is pretty fun you can play it several times before it gets boring. But after a some time you have seen and done everything. Since you do not update this map no additional features can be tried out in progress of time. But the game itself is funny enough to get it to 4/5.

Balance & Bugs: 3/5 The units are pretty well balanced. You took the stone-paper-siccors system of the pc version so every unit is useful if played properly. The downside are several bugs in game. Most of them are described in the comments before this one but the bridge-bug is the most important one. Bridges are destroyed from nuclear attacks and this makes the town hard to access. This must not happen.

Final Score: 25/30 = 5/5

Well you made the best possible copy of World in Conflict for Warcraft 3. It´s pretty fun, well made and simply cool. Should be in the map folder of every WC3 gamer.

Level 7
I don't like this map.
I think, it is ... crap.
At the beginning, you're totally lost.
There are just a few invisible units to buy more stuff. You could make
all the things a lot more impressive.
Try the map 'Modern Warfare' and compare it with this..
Jelous fucktard alert, ring the bell we need some anti-noob militia!

Level 3
Jelous fucktard alert, ring the bell we need some anti-noob militia!

hahah nice :thumbs_up:

but yeah straight to the point...needs new updates (dont abandon this project!!!)

and if possible you should add side modes so that u dont always have to play the generic "capture 8 CPs" all the time. these modes could be like single player missions from WiC based in the town (e.g One Last Fight where u have to fight off the soviets already in the town, this would add some functionality to the beachside) or could just be modes made for fun

Level 5
this map rocks but I was surprised when I saw it in directors cut omg
it realy is the best 5/5

Level 3
I am going to try this game out soon, but judging from the screenshots, i feel that the tanks and helicopters should be bigger, and the infantries should be smaller.

Also nice tiles and terrain but maybe you should make the buildings look war-torn.