• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northshire Abbey

Stormshock Presents

Northshire Abbey

Created by Stormshock

Map information:

After finishing your basic class training, you just arrived at Northshire Abbey where your first task is waiting for you. Northshire Abbey is a part of Elwynn Forest, which is located in the Human kingdoms. So it is most likely that you will play as a Human.
The goal of this map is to complete quests like in "World Of Warcraft (WoW)". This is also the game where my idea came from. Although the name of the area is from WoW, every quest and all unit names in this map are made up by me.
When you start this map, you must choose a Hero. In the following paragraph the Human heroes will be explained. After choosing a hero, you have to choose a difficulty (easy, normal or hard) and a mode (softcore or hardcore). These two modes came from "Diablo III". Softcore means that you revive after you have died and hardcore means that you only have one life. This means that you will not be revived after you have died.

Human heroes:

In this map you can choose between four heroes; mage, paladin, warlock and warrior. Mages uses the power of fire and frost to neutralize their enemies. Paladins uses the holy light to protect their allies and vanquish those who are evil. Warlocks uses the power of shadow and demons to destroy their enemies. Warriors uses powerful weapons to slaughter his enemies.
All four heroes have two passive spells (aura's and self buffs) and four active spells (both single and multi target spells). The exact spells are not going to be mentioned here.
As you will notice, the heroes are actually Warcraft III units, like the sorceress. Heroes like Jaina or Arthas and do not belong in a low leveling zone like this one.

Screenshots:

Activate neutral buildings.

4VBRDz0.jpg

Fight against savage Gnolls.

O8CeXEd.png

Reunite families.

Z8Gh426.jpg

Versions:

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue where the game would not start.

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue that causes Mind Blast to be replaced with Shadow Word: Pain.
  • Fixed an issue that Tom Williams could stop following the hero.

Added:
  • Added Resistant Skin to some of the creeps.
Changed:
  • Changed the fountain of health in to a fountain of restoration.
  • Changed some of the quest descriptions.
  • Changed the level of Bandits to level 5.
  • Changed the mana regeneration of hunters from 7.5 to 6 per shot.
  • Changed the description of Whirlwind.

Added:
  • Added a fifth playable class, which is a hunter. Hunters, who are the only physical ranged class, uses a bow and a pet to fight their enemies
  • Added a sixth playable class, which is a monk. Monks uses fists and other martial arts to knock out their enemies.
  • Added a seventh playable class, which is a priest. Priests uses the power of holy and shadow to defeat their enemies.
  • Added a eighth playable class, which is a rogue. Rogues uses weapons, poisons and stuns to slowly kill their enemies.
  • Added a few items and doodads to the map.
  • Added the item combine ability to the Magic Vault to make it more useful.
Changed:
  • Changed the class colors in the dialog screen to the exact WoW colors.
  • Changed the loading screen title to "Human Questing Zone".
  • Changed some of the quest descriptions.
  • Changed Flame Strike and Rain of Fire. They no longer damage friendly targets.

Credits:

• Blizzard for making the "Warcraft III World Editor" program.
  • Blizzard for making the "Northshire Abbey" images.
  • HappyTauren for making the "Ranger" model.
  • Ket for making the "Thief - Blade Edition" and "Monk" model.
  • Waldbaer for making the "Whirlwind/Bladestorm effect" spell.
  • www.hiveworkshop.com for answering some of my questions and giving feedback.
  • www.thehelper.net for answering some of my questions.

Author's note:

Last but not least I want to thank you all for playing this map. If anyone got a comment about this map, you can leave a message on this site.

Keywords:
Northshire, Abbey, Human, Elwynn, RPG, Quest, WoW
Contents

Northshire Abbey (Map)

Reviews
18:35, 31st Aug 2014 Orcnet: Northshire Abbey is probably the smallest single role playing game I've played so far, all of the mechanics, models, and cosmetics are based on a default structure of the Warcraft genre. Questing is simple but well...

M

18:35, 31st Aug 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

Northshire Abbey is probably the smallest single role playing game I've played so far, all of the mechanics, models, and cosmetics are based on a default structure of the Warcraft genre. Questing is simple but well flexed out the idea of quick skip through a conversation is very much of a good taste for rpgs.

Although the terrain value is quite simple as well, you might want to expand it more since the game is only a single player, that gives you more effort to give in detail.

Any else, this rpg is played fast depending on the difficulty you will choose.

Level 10
I played it.
And really, I enjoyed it.
The game is very simple, and is fine.
3.5/5 for me.
Will you be making more? I saw that you wrote "Leveling Zone 1" or something.

Level 10
This is a barebones WC3 RPG that doesn't waste your time. That's the best words I'd use to describe it. It has good pacing, however the reason it has good pacing is because there just isn't much to do. You have a small area to do a few things, there isn't any depth to the combat, it's overall a very simple map.

However, it does what it's supposed to do, and although it isn't the most exhilarating piece, it certainly isn't the worst.

Level 17
Ok, I'll Give this a Short Review.

This is A Real God Short and Easy Singleplayer RPG Map. I Finished it like in 30 minutes.
There weren't many classes to choose from, And Their spells Weren't Custom (NOT a Negative Point). It was a WoW Conversion, So i Expected Custom Models, Many Heroes, Long and Hard Gameplay, And Tons of Quests, Bigger Map and A Better Camera (Altough the Camera isn't Important).

Overall, Not Bad, Not great Either. Half of What i Expected. Makes it: 5 : 2 = 2.5 ~= 3/5

Level 5
Okay, my impressions upon playing this:

It was a fun little map, it took me about an hour to complete everything (including all the sidequests), but I do have several criticisms:

1. I picked the monk class. The Spinning Crane Kick (clearly a D3 inspired spell) is bugged, and level 2 or 3 of the skill still deal the same amount of damage (50). Also, if ever fixed, the spell should heal more per level, other than having a fixed amount. Even so, I grew quite powerful over time, so I was mainly relying on my toughness and sheer punching power to kill and stay alive.

2. The ultimate spell (same as the pandaren one, even tooltips are the same) is underwhelming, I found that my character is much stronger without morphing.

3. I didn't even get to level 10, and I did my share of grinding and wondering around, which suggests that more content should be made for the map.

4. Finally, the way the game ends is a bit.. anti-climatic. The whole map is one fetch quest after another, but I was sort of hoping for some kind of a boss fight or something similar.

Final verdict: 3/5.

Level 2
Tbh, looks rly cool.
Game has been closed when i returned the Q (Gnolls slaying) to Magister Johnson - error or something. And the same with Dwarven Q with shadow ore.

Solution - load the saved game before u gived back completed quest and try again. It works. No errors.

Played with pleasure by many classes with hard mode. Big thanks for this map) I'd like to play another like this one.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hello there!
A nice map to relax your mind and just have a look at the surrounding area. Granted, there was a bug when I played this map when the child... kept on following me.
Look, I don't really mind babysitting, but after 15 minutes you might need to expect I abandoned your kid somewhere to be eaten by giant spiders.
And I'm not even joking about that 😀
All in all, RECOMMENDED!

Level 3
Really nice little rpg map. At first when you have to return to the same (gnoll and spider) area I was like ouch it's really small but then the map unfold. Just kinda wish for a small cinematic at the end but otherwise, great work, thank you Stormshock !