• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kil'jaeden's Will

Kil'jaeden's Will

Created by Nral

Map Info:

Single player short scenario about Illidan and Kil'jaeden.

Kil'jaeden orders Illidan to help him for return to the Twisting Nether. Kil'jaeden plans to return Nether by using an old passage in Firelands, however an unfulfilled deal between him and Ragnaros, creates a major threat for him and Illidan.

(THE STORY DO NOT FOLLOWS THE STORYLINE OF WARCRAFT)

Features:

- Three mighty heroes (Illidan, Kil'jaeden and Mephistroth)
- Some secret items.
- Item shop.
- Random item drop.
- Three difficulties (Easy, Normal and Hard)
- AI Generated Voiceovers

Screenshots & Changelog:

WC3ScrnShot_121913_185740_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_121213_191545_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_121513_120518_10.jpg

234939-albums7001-picture77866.jpg

234939-albums7001-picture77865.jpg

234939-albums7001-picture77542.jpg

Fixed:

• Fixed dreadlord color in cinematic
Changed:

• Cinematic now starts in game time 0.00
  • Ragnaros's attack rate reduced (1.80 to 2.60)
  • Level of some units reduced

Added:

• Added new difficulty system (Easy and Hard)
  • Added cinematic skip
Fixed:

• Fixed Kil'jaeden couldn't deal damage to destructibles
  • Fixed dialogue mistakes
Changed:

• Map preview image quality improved
  • Murlocs replaced with three felguards

Added:

• Added Normal difficulty
  • Added Flame Strike ability to Ragnaros in Hard Mode
Changed:

• Demonic Insult ability now increases maximum health and armor for 7 seconds
  • Some costs of items have changed
  • Mephistroth's Frost Curse ability removed and added Howl of Terror

Fixed:

• Mephistroth is now casting Frost Inferno ability in the final conflict

Added:

• New Ability - Volcano : Ragnaros is now able to cast his ultimate ability. All units hit by volcano take 150 damage and stunned for a second
  • Added Crown of Kings and Searing Blade (critical damage) items for Ragnaros
Changed:

• Ragnaros now casts Volcano during the boss fight instead of just becoming invulnerable and summoning units. (Mephistroth must be freed in order to access this feature)
  • No more low handicap for enemies in Normal difficulty
  • Dialogues are improved
  • Ragnaros boss fight does not start instantly. Instead, the player has to destroy a power generator which is located in the middle of the map to start the battle
  • Removed Immolation from the Frost Infernal
  • Removed stun ability from the Faceless One Deathbringer

Added:

• Added unique voice lines for Kil'jaeden (Source: WoW - Legion patch 7.2 The Tomb of Sargeras)

Added:

• Added voice overs generated by Elevenlabs AI

Credits:

Special Thanks:

• KingLichTR
  • Shadow Fury

Keywords:
Kil'jaeden, Illidan, Mephistroth, Firelands, Burning Legion
Contents

Kil'jaeden's Will (Map)

Kil'jaeden's Will (Map)

Reviews
07:26, 16th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See Shadow Fury's original and updated review and rating and also Dat-C3's short but straightforward review:

M

07:26, 16th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 4/5 (Recommended). See Shadow Fury's original and updated review and rating and also Dat-C3's short but straightforward review:

Shadow Fury;2463002 said:
Quite good one. Here is my review:-

GOOD POINTS:-
- Great terrain
- Decent abilities for Kil'jaeden and I liked the Reflection ability of Illidan
- Loading screen is informative enough and has a great image
- Some secret items
- A fine story, not good and not bad

BAD POINTS:-
- The game starts with a cinematic, but "cinematic mode" is not turned on from the beginning, it starts after a second.
- The dreadlord's color when he's speaking is not the same as his actual color ingame. I mean, his color is blue but in the dialogue, he appears teal. :vw_wtf:
- Many dialogue mistakes
- Too hard! How the hell can I imagine to defeat this Ragnaros? Over 6000 HP and the damn ability "Soul Burn", plus his minions coming from everywhere and Ragnaros' fast attack rate! It's impossible to defeat him!
- When I killed Ragnaros with cheats, a cinematic occured but what I really didn't like is that Kil'jaeden moves to the portal and disappears before entering in it! What the...

SOME SUGGESTIONS:-
- Correct ur dialogue mistakes
- Let cinematic mode activate immediately, don't wait a second.
- Make the game easier! Not all people r pros! Some people r intermediate (like me) and others r noobs! If the game is hard, not all people will not enjoy it and some might also give up!
- Fix the problem with the dreadlord
- Improve ur cinematics because they r really dull and boring
- (optional) Add the skip command for all cinematics

And to conclude, I'll give it 2.5/5 and rate 3. Vote for APPROVAL anyway.

Shadow Fury;2465709 said:
Now that's better!
Rating raised from 3/5 to 4/5 :ogre_hurrhurr: :grin: :thumbs_up:

Dat-C3;2499644 said:
Siding with Mephistroth is monstrous hard...

Good map definitely for its genre.

4/5, the only suggestion I have is to make the AI use their abilities more often as well a few more flamestrikes from ragnoras.

Level 21
Quite good one. Here is my review:-

GOOD POINTS:-
- Great terrain
- Decent abilities for Kil'jaeden and I liked the Reflection ability of Illidan
- Loading screen is informative enough and has a great image
- Some secret items
- A fine story, not good and not bad

BAD POINTS:-
- The game starts with a cinematic, but "cinematic mode" is not turned on from the beginning, it starts after a second.
- The dreadlord's color when he's speaking is not the same as his actual color ingame. I mean, his color is blue but in the dialogue, he appears teal. :vw_wtf:
- Many dialogue mistakes
- Too hard! How the hell can I imagine to defeat this Ragnaros? Over 6000 HP and the damn ability "Soul Burn", plus his minions coming from everywhere and Ragnaros' fast attack rate! It's impossible to defeat him!
- When I killed Ragnaros with cheats, a cinematic occured but what I really didn't like is that Kil'jaeden moves to the portal and disappears before entering in it! What the...

SOME SUGGESTIONS:-
- Correct ur dialogue mistakes
- Let cinematic mode activate immediately, don't wait a second.
- Make the game easier! Not all people r pros! Some people r intermediate (like me) and others r noobs! If the game is hard, not all people will not enjoy it and some might also give up!
- Fix the problem with the dreadlord
- Improve ur cinematics because they r really dull and boring
- (optional) Add the skip command for all cinematics

And to conclude, I'll give it 2.5/5 and rate 3. Vote for APPROVAL anyway.

Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Kil'jaeden's Will
Map Author: Nral

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Seems to be original and I liked that you are trying to base your map into your own perspective and how the game will go, not basing it in something else as far as I know.

Score: 67/100

Presentation

Presentation looks good. Gves brief descriptions to each field. Nice usage of BB Codes even knowing it is a template (at least, you are one of those users who looks out to Descriptions unlike those who makes empty descriptions and all).

Score: 64/100

Design

The minimap image looks good and fitting though you could make its quality better for it looks blurry. The Loading screen art looks awesome as well and fitting. Others are fine, tooltips and such seeeing that all of them are all standard Warcraft items, spell and stuffs so I do know you did not made any changes into it except some names.

Score: 63/100

Terrain

The terrain looks good. You have captured the essence of a dungeon terrain somehow though I would suggest you add a fog into it and a weather (suggestion is a red fog for the weather). It will be better and have this hell-like feeling into the terrain. Also, you could set the custom Light Environment to Dungeon.

Score: 67/100

Triggers

Triggers looks good and organized though as what Shadow Fury said, it seems before Kil'jaeden entered the portal, he disappeared which is too soon so I suggest you move the regions to the back of the portal so it will look like that Kil'jaden passed throught the portal and disappeared but will be better if there is some sort of a special effect while he disapppears through the portal also. Your choice!

Score: 73/100

Object Data

I do not know but I do think the Murlocs in the map does not fit for the environment. You should change them to something that is more hell-like creature. Murlocs lives on water areas not hell-like places.

Score: 72/100

Gameplay

Overall, even for a small map, this is quite enjoyable to play but quite hard most especially when you battle Ragnaros. I dont even stand a chance on his 5k life + he has Soul Burn and Incinerate that can stack damage which is more painful and + again, he can summon minions. I do think you should totally nerf down Ragnaros. he is too strong, lower his life to somehow 2k or 2.5k. Cinematics in it also looks boring as hat Shadow Fury said and you actually have a decent grammar but it is just you forgot some words to connect to another one which is the cause of most weird statements in dialogues. You should fix that!

Score: 61/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

The minimap image could be better by making its quality higher because it is quite blurry.

Add some fog to the terrain and weather aswell, preferable is Red fog and Dungeon Red Fog as weather. Add also a Custom Light environment into it, preferable is Dungeon Lights.

You should fix how Kil'jaeden teleports or disappeares through the portal. See my suggestion at my Trigger part of review.

Murlocs does not seem to fit the map or the theme of the map. try changing it into something that is a hell-like creature.

Balance out Ragnaros. 5k life is too high for even 3 heroes with just 800-1400 life and plus that Ranganros has Incinerate that adds up to his damage each stack which is painful and that he summons minions in every sides. Suggestion is lower his life to 2k or 2.5k and either remove his capacity to summon minions or tone down his summoning capability.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 66.714/100
3/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 21
Ehm, YES! Look, there r some items like Sturdy War Axe that r worth 300 gold and more at the markets! That's too much! If a Mask of Death costs 650 gold and originally costs 1000 gold, it means each item has a decreased cost. So u must balance the cost of all items in the map.

Level 21
Great, now u could make something else. The Infernal icon is the one of the fiery one while the summoned infernal is of ice! Search for an icon that fits an ice infernal! Also, when I choose "Illidan" in the final conflict, Mephistroth doesn't use his infernal ability. Try to fix that and to let both heroes use ALL their abilities when they r controlled by computer. Perhaps u could add a third difficulty to the game like insane for pro players! Anyway, the game is already fantastic like that so these suggestions r all optional. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 10
Pretty good map, it's very decent.
I sided with Mephistroth, and it was pretty easy destroying Illidan's face, I mean, Mephistroth has a point.

Level 5
Very short map, I love that you can skip the cut scenes. The map seems to easy even if played on hard. Faceless One Deathbringer is to easy for a level 15. the quest description is bad to you forced to watch the cut scene to know what to do. The map looks great and. Good job 4/5

Level 4
i thought if u can make campaign or something with this type of gameplay..

I tried to make one... I realized that I don't have much time for something long so I canceled it. :vw_sleep: I'm now working on StarCraft 2 custom maps. One day I may return to WarCraft 3 and make a long custom campaign with this type of gameplay.

EDIT: BTW, sorry for late reply.

Last edited:
Level 4
Six year laters, I returned from my grave and made some changes for this map. I had more plans to improve it but unfortunately, triggers are a complete mess and I don't have much time to fix them. I can still make some small changes in the future depending on the feedback but I won't promise I can do anything.

Whole purpose of these changes are to make the boss fight more challenging, fix this awkward story and improve dialogues.

I hope you like it.

I also made a map called Fall of Fenix for StarCraft 2. You can access it in StarCraft 2 Arcade.

Last edited:
Level 5
Its a fun short game.
I enjoyed playing it.

Notice/ Suggestions:
I believe there should be a better hint on the quest to free M.
Map is decent. It could be more intricate but its still nicely done.
Killjaden's skill order his armies...: is it a skill ? I dont think so.
Also his hotkeys need to be fixed.
I could see this as a bigger map, having to go through stronger creeps and harder tasks
in order to lower Ragnaros power furthermore. It would help the story and remember that undead are
usally diabolicaly cunning. I like you went that road, in my opinion you could have explored that more.
(i also believe that Ragn should be stronger to begin with than what i faced. 3 heroes with 2 restoration runes around and 3 scrolls, its way too easy).
Maybe Heroes could lvl up to 10 and then face a much stronger ragnaros.
In this scenario map could be more intricate.

Rating:
Anyway i made a lot of subjective comments so i must contain my self.
Your map deserves a 3-4/5
3 is based on the fact that i believe that there is potential to explore in a more
intricate way some aspects of the game and your story.
Being respectful to the creators i always give the higher rating for the effort especialy if it is a game i like.

Level 13
Strangely, the map for version 1.31 does not appear in the Maps folder.

More interestingly, other maps for 1.31 are there. Even more interesting is that I downloaded several maps from the site for 1.31 and not all of them appeared in Maps. I tried everything, but those who are visible are seen in all cases, and those who are not visible are not seen everywhere. Does anyone have an answer?

Level 4
I played it on warcraft 3 reforged and it works on it. I don´t know if this is true but diferences between versions 1.01 and 1.02 is just some updates and characters voiceline.

I tried it to run on 1.31 but maps folder didn´t find it. So on version 1.31 it didn´t work. Like said deepstrasz: "Indeed. Works on 1.32+ though."

"more maps for 1.31 are there" I don´t have this issue, so I can´t help with that.

Level 13
Not that I have a huge desire to play this map, but the facts are as described above:
1- one version compatible with 1.31
2- one version compatible with Reforged

If both versions are only compatible with RF, then there is misleading information! The author should correct this changing 1.31 to 1.35-36 or remove the map he specified for v.1.31.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68

More interestingly, other maps for 1.31 are there. Even more interesting is that I downloaded several maps from the site for 1.31 and not all of them appeared in Maps. I tried everything, but those who are visible are seen in all cases, and those who are not visible are not seen everywhere. Does anyone have an answer?
Either you're using an older subversion of 1.31 or the site doesn't recognize the actual version that might be something like 1.32.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
is there a newer 1.31 than this? If yes - is it in the archive of the site because mine is from there.
No. That's the latest as far as I'm aware. Hopefully, it's not the other way around, the author using an older version like the PTR one that causes your version not to see it. But I guess the author, as Tomas Ninja wrote, would be the one to confirm.

EDIT: the editor says it was saved with a newer version.
However, it can be opened with the 1.31.1 editor (click yes).
1698606079624.png
Just try saving it again and it should become visible in the 1.31.1 game.

Last edited:
Level 13
No. That's the latest as far as I'm aware. Hopefully, it's not the other way around, the author using an older version like the PTR one that causes your version not to see it. But I guess the author, as Tomas Ninja wrote, would be the one to confirm.

EDIT: the editor says it was saved with a newer version.
However, it can be opened with the 1.31.1 editor (click yes).
Just try saving it again and it should become visible in the 1.31.1 game.

That helped. The map is now visible and playable. Thanks.

Level 13
About the game for v.1.31:
  • short, simple, basic, very easy on Normal difficulty.
  • map feels more like a test of what you learned so far about creating maps than something that will get you into the game and even more worth 15-20 minutes of your time.
  • The characters merge with the terrain, i.e. they are not clearly visible. The maximum level of development of the characters may be 10, but the opponents on the field are so few that when I defeated Ragnaros they became level 6.
  • Constantly high level of load on the computer, which doesn't seem normal to me for such an elementary map.

If the RF version looks similar .... I don't know what to say except sorry.

If I had to rate this as a game and not a test development I would give 0.001 stars. I don't recommend wasting your time with map v.1.31.