• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Race Arena V6.0

Reactions: Streak
hra.jpg

HERO RACE ARENA

By Ramsey

Hi people:) Last time I updated this map was 2015 but I got back into it with some friends and saw it on some awesome youtube videos so I was like hey why not! Feel free to email [email protected] for anything! -Ramsey (April 30,2020)

Gameplay
[/tr]
[tr]
Hero Race Arena: A free-for-all competition between 2-8 players fought with various races of heros, powerful support towers, and personal strategies. Be the first to clear your lane of monsters and the first to defeat the great Ragnarok in this gladiator, sabotage, tournament known as Hero Race Arena.
[/tr]

Screenshots
[tr]
base1.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

gokulvl6.jpg

lanes2.jpg

rockgiant.jpg

[/tr]
[tr]

Features
[tr][/tr]
Choose a hero
Fight in your lane, in the training arena, and in duels.
Buy items to ensure your position of victory [More item recipes coming soon]
Sabotage your enemies with your support towers.
Achieve overall victory.

Credits
[tr][/tr]
Hiveworkshop.com for answering questions, advice, icons, feedback, etc!

Changelog
[tr][/tr]
---------Version 4.00b------------
-Upgraded Balance system: Int heros have higher lvl abilities than str or agi
-Fixed broken boss teleport glitch
-added preventive ks'ing in training arena
-weakened Mountain Giant's earthquake
-Fixed vampire bats ability to fly and pick up items in duel
-fixed hero color issue
-fixed duel vision
-added -ar to all pick
-fixed all ability tooltips

]---------Version 4.1------------
-ADDED NEW HERO ASSIST SYTEM TO DUEL
-Bosses now cast spells whether spells or dmg is done (except ragnraok)
-Earthquake ability weakened for Rock Giant
-Goku energy beams weakened
-Removed rock giant special in rock form

---------Version 4.1c------------
-Balanced some heros
-fixed repick in AP mode

---------Version 4.2------------
-changed price of some items
-fixed issue in hero assist system
-fixed boss casting abilities
-fixed repick in ap mode
-fixed tower glitch casting in home base

---------Version 4.2b------------
-fixed hero assist system not giving proper gold
-cleaned up some game display messages

---------Version 4.2c------------
-hero assist system working better now in duel

---------Version 4.3------------
-modified vision in duel
-removed some leaky triggers
-fixed another glitch in hero assist trigger
-weakened earthquake, energy beams, strenghtened ghost

---------Version 4.3b------------
-improved boss functions
-fixed wrong attributes of certain heros
-improved multiboard
-increased range of movement in duel

---------Version 4.4------------
-added few god items
-removed stuns from chicken summons
-modified vision in duel
- Intelligence heros can level up abilities to 18 now whereas str and agi heros can only level up to 12 (Upgraded Balance System)
- Added command "-ar" to all pick
- Added Preventative KS'ing system in training arena

---------Version 4.7------------
-New mini boss
-some items improved
-hero balancing improved
-new divine items
-corpses now spawn for item use
-changed some hero models
-adjusted map size

---------Version 4.8------------
-Boss summons correctly for all players

---------Version 4.9------------
-Balanced Blademaster
-Removed poison from Hydras
-Changed Orb of Frost price
-Removed bounties from summoned creeps
-Other small tweaks

---------Version 4.9 - 5.1c --------
-Way too many to list
-Custom Hero Race Arena is an added option now
-Changed Duel Arena
-Completely revamped training arena
-Bug fixes, new stores, etc

-------- Version 5.1 --------
-Fixed Strong Items bug
-Balanced Maganatur
-Fixed unstuck in duel
-Removed Infernal from training arena (test)
-Other bug fixes

-----Version 5.1-6.0-----May 19 2020
-Way too many:)

New / Coming Soon
[tr][/tr]
-----New-----

-----Coming Soon (or not idk)-----
-Send any and all ideas to [email protected]
- Red able to ban 2 or 3 heros? Let me know
- Item Recipes [eventually]
- Organized Item Shops
- AI Players (no idea how I'm going to do this)

ENT Users
[tr][/tr]

--Outdated info since Ent doesn't work anymore, use game ranger! (4/30/2020)---
For quicker access to the game through battle.net:
Step 1: /w Clan.Enterprise !load tcvtg
Step 2: /w Clan.Enterprise !pub [Game Name Here]
Step 3: Go to Custom Games and type in your game name then enter
You are now hosting with Ent Bot (Bot commands on ENT Website)
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Thanks for playing guys and feel free to comment any suggestions or issues! I made this game years ago when I was like 15 so dont judge too harshly! Email [email protected]
-Ramsey

Keywords:
Hero, Race, Arena, Heroes, Boss, Duel, Bosses, Fight, Defend, Tower, Summon, Level, Hero Arena, FFA, Free for all, Fun, Gladiator, Hero Arena, Battle,[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Contents

Hero Race Arena V6.0 (Map)

Reviews
10:53, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: lacking map description 12:47, 31th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map Description updated! Set to Pending. 16:25, 31th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See mini-moderator's (eubz's)...

M

10:53, 30th Mar 2014
Orcnet: lacking map description

12:47, 31th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map Description updated! Set to Pending.

16:25, 31th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See mini-moderator's (eubz's) review regarding the map:

eubz;2505949 said:

A Review

Hero Race Arena is a Map where you have to race with other players to kill the final boss in your own lane. There are options at the start of the game to choose from and an event occurs where you will fight with other players each in every chosen time. This map is really fun to play because you will do your own tactics in order to reach as first the final level to kill the final boss so you will win. Plus the event to fight with other players in an arena, that would be fun.

The game has simple edits of spells and uses in-game icons which are blizzard-made icons but that would be OK.
The terrain is just fine for this type of map, I should say. There might be some lags but they occur not every time during gameplay. I like the idea of having a teleport circle in every level so if you are nearly dying, you could easily teleport to your home.

Fun to play with with that nice events, I couldn't say more but this surely is for approval state having 3/5 (Acceptable) rating from me...

Level 6
I'm finish reviewing the map the map is pretty hard only for 1 player in each line,each line have many different creeps the players really need to train and make to a powerful level to be more powerful it will be easy for players when there reach the max level the useful part that the host can pick which the hero will start a level only 1-6 and the duel you should reduces the trees because each player will fight and not able to reach fast as they could to there enemy player the trees spawn at random point in the duel arena and a really like that you add anime characters in the game like ichigo and there skill's are base on the anime and the credits as models and the supported ability's that what i can say good-luck improving.

CONGRATS YOUR MAP IS APPROVED!!!!

Last edited:

A Review

Hero Race Arena is a Map where you have to race with other players to kill the final boss in your own lane. There are options at the start of the game to choose from and an event occurs where you will fight with other players each in every chosen time. This map is really fun to play because you will do your own tactics in order to reach as first the final level to kill the final boss so you will win. Plus the event to fight with other players in an arena, that would be fun.

The game has simple edits of spells and uses in-game icons which are blizzard-made icons but that would be OK.
The terrain is just fine for this type of map, I should say. There might be some lags but they occur not every time during gameplay. I like the idea of having a teleport circle in every level so if you are nearly dying, you could easily teleport to your home.

Fun to play with with that nice events, I couldn't say more but this surely is for approval state having 3/5 (Acceptable) rating from me...

Level 6

A Review

awesome thanks so much, in your opinion what would make it a 4/5 or a 5/5 though?

Level 6
1. Create new spells.
2. Add some more events just for fun.
3. The cost of items are too much, maybe you can lower that but not too low.
4. Use custom icons for items.
5. Add more items.

oh eubz your a good reviewer

and an ai should do the work maybe next time

Level 6
Heyy again streak, and yeah I'm definitely gonna try to get that 5/5.
How'd you like the game yourself though?

i liked the game and its fun and much more fun when your fighting a insane AI about the AI its not really on my plan after my vacation but you can still wait

Level 1
Great work - however some bugs in 5.1c:

- Intelligence and agility staffs at lvl 25 shop do not work. No +100 added and thy do not stack (recipe)
- Heros get "stuck" in Hero Arena or in the trainings arena (spawn some where on a wall) and cannot move
- final boss seems overpowered - did you increase his armor / HP??

Some ideas for future versions:
- tome of retraining
- Silence-Ability in sanctum
- Ability to spawn creeps in trainings arena

Level 6
Great work - however some bugs in 5.1c:

- Intelligence and agility staffs at lvl 25 shop do not work. No +100 added and thy do not stack (recipe)
- Heros get "stuck" in Hero Arena or in the trainings arena (spawn some where on a wall) and cannot move
- final boss seems overpowered - did you increase his armor / HP??

Some ideas for future versions:
- tome of retraining
- Silence-Ability in sanctum
- Ability to spawn creeps in trainings arena

Hey fantomas, your feedback is actually really valid thanks haha those are all the bugs I noticed as well and it is fixed in version 5.1d.

-The silence ability is actually a really good idea too, I guess I can either make room in the summoning tower or add it as one of the options in curse, what do you think?

-As for the stuck thing in the duel arena, there is a -unstuck command but I will check the regions right now and see if I can just completely prevent it from happening.

-The issue I have now is I balance the game based on what I see from the seasoned players ive been playing with for months now. To us, the 4th boss was the issue and the final boss was easier. Probably because we all prevent each other from winning and are at level 40-45 usually when we get to the final boss. But I will double check in 5.1d.

-Tomes were also highly abused too so I'd have to find a good cost:stat bonus ration

----5.1d Changes----
-Fixed the bugs listed above

-Removed Infernal from training arena (As a test because it was being overly abused at high levels)

-Instead of allowing summons in training arena, I made the training arena give way less experience than actually fighting in your lane. This is to at least give players a chance to catch up because if their lane has creeps and their training arena has creeps, they will quit.
--------------------------

Thanks though your feedback helps and it's good to know youre playing:goblin_jawdrop:

Level 1
Hero still get's stuck after a while. Instead of teleporting into its lane, it teleports somewhere near the trainings arena. "-unstuck" does not work (we paly German).

Level 3
great game, we had alot of fun, however we only played the completely random map.

first of all, in the completely random thing, plz make it so that melee fighters cant get trueshotaura and rangers cant get cleave.
a good thing would be, if instead of jsut 1 repick, you could repick 3 times, especially in the completely random mode.
important is that you can turn off the duels, because sometimes its just annoying if u have to search for gold/mana every 5 minutes, even though you know, if u play with a friend, u wont send units or something.
plz add mobs that give money into the training area, after u beat the ogres, theres just no way to farm gold, except waiting 5 minutes for duel, thats lame.
and an idea for the area in the top that isnt used, how about spawning a boss there, that if killed gives gold to every1 inside that area(not just the killer), and after a set amount of time, let him respawn/spawn another boss/a stronger version of it

Level 6
great game, we had alot of fun, however we only played the completely random map.

first of all, in the completely random thing, plz make it so that melee fighters cant get trueshotaura and rangers cant get cleave.
a good thing would be, if instead of jsut 1 repick, you could repick 3 times, especially in the completely random mode.
important is that you can turn off the duels, because sometimes its just annoying if u have to search for gold/mana every 5 minutes, even though you know, if u play with a friend, u wont send units or something.
plz add mobs that give money into the training area, after u beat the ogres, theres just no way to farm gold, except waiting 5 minutes for duel, thats lame.
and an idea for the area in the top that isnt used, how about spawning a boss there, that if killed gives gold to every1 inside that area(not just the killer), and after a set amount of time, let him respawn/spawn another boss/a stronger version of it

hey thanks for the feedback im glad you enjoyed it!

Custom Random Mode: I'll go ahead and make it so range doesn't get meele only spells, and vice versa, etc

Duel: I can make a "Duel Off" option in the beginning, hows that sound?

Training Arena Gold : Up until this last version, there WAS a unit that gave gold but no experience, however it was widely abused because the player would constantly summon from the summoning tower with the gold he got and the game went to a standstill, how do you recommend I can avoid this issue?

Top Area: After I perfect all the current issues in the game such as hero balancing, the duel, new item recipes, etc, I'll start working on that area and Ill definitely take down your idea as a suggestion

Level 6
Hi people:)

Last time I updated this map here was 2015 but I got back into it with some friends and saw it on some awesome youtube videos (search hero race arena on youtube) so I was like hey why not! Don't judge too hard haha I made this map yearss ago when I was about 14 but enjoy!

Feel free to email [email protected] or message me here for anything including suggestions or comments!

-Ramsey (April 30,2020)

Level 6
I use to play this game. It's a lot of fun. My friends and I tried a new version, but we discoverd a very annoying bug. Orange would always teleport to a weird spot once his 2nd portal became active. Here's a pic
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...624489918494/unknown.png?width=838&height=468

First off you guys are awesome for playing this, I'm glad you enjoy it!
And that's funny cause I was playing with my friends too and we literally found the same bug, I believe just fixed it for good though thank you for letting me know! I uploaded new version 5.5

If you catch any others or want anything added or changed lemme know! Or if you wan't any custom command triggers only for your player name that will make your guys' gameplay more fun, let me know

Also please upvote the map if you like it! those stars are killing me:D

Last edited: