• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power of Corruption v2.3b

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
PoCLogo_final.png

Version 2.3
By Moyack. 2012

Official page

Introduction

Heroes.png
The war has been declared. Prepare your army and crush your opponents in epic battles. No matter if you are an insidious Naga or an evil Demon, you won't have any chance of peace, just death or luck to survive.

What's Power of Corruption?
Power of Corruption is an altered melee style map which features two customized races: The Naga and the Demons. This project, started in 2006, was previously known as Naga Wars and in that time the Naga race was the only one playable. Critics and suggestions were given and the result was a new whole race: the Demons. this race was developed from scratch in order to put more innovation, replayability and challenge to the Naga which are overpowered in comparison with the standard races in Warcraft III. Time has passed and the map has been improved in many ways, now it's 100% made in vJASS and it features innovative and nice spells, abilities and characteristics which, hopefully, will give to the melee style game a new fresh air.
BrutalNagaRoyal.png

Game Features.
Devotion.png
A new resource: Devotion points.
It can be obtained when you kill enemies from normal players (creeping doesn't give devotion points) This resource can be exchanged by gold or lumber, or saved to get a semihero unit at your command.
TransportUnits.png
Transport units.
This feature has been available through neutral buildings, but now these units will be trained by the player. They not only serve as transport, they can improve a lot the micro management because they can be used to protect vulnerable units taking in advantage its high resistance against attacks.
ItemForgers.png
Item Forgers.
These special units will be trained by players. They will have the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to improve temporary the hero units, or units in an area of effect. These units can see hidden or invisible units so they are a key element in your strategy.
SemiHeroes.png
Semi Hero Units.
These special units are the gift that you obtain from you god for having a good and efficient army. They are called semiheroes for its skills (strength + 4 useful abilities) and they are summoned when you reach 1000 devotion points. The Naga obtain a Naga Royal Guard and the Demons obtain a Doom Guard.
RaceAttributes.png
Race Attributes.
Each race will have a unique passive ability for all the organic units which gives to them an advantage in endurance in the game.

Screenshots (the most important part yay!!)

For more or newer pictures, please visit the official gallery: http://powerofcorruption.com/?gallery.html

[highlight]terrains[/code]

If you want to see more screenshots, just visit the official gallery: http://powerofcorruption.com/?gallery.html

DOWNLOAD (Hell!! it's about time!!!)

From now on, Power of Corruption won't be only in one map terrain, it will come in several terrains that I will credit when the data is implemented on them. Meanwhile, we'll start with the basic but always classic first terrain :thumbs_up:

Official download page: http://powerofcorruption.com/?download.html
Ancient_Temple_Title.png
Ancient_Temple_BG.jpg

The ruins of an ancient temple of forbidden tributes was found by the Naga. They were attracted to this abandoned place by the dark magic emanating from this mysterious place. But they were not alone, the Demons, in their seek of power to spread the death and evil in the known world, have traveled to this place to find and control this unknown power. Now the quest is a challenge with no more option but fight, who will the victorious? the outcome is up to you.

Map Size: 160x160
Playable Map Size: 148x148
Suggested Players: 1v1, 2v2, FFA
Player Slots: 4
Tileset: Sunken Ruins

Credits
Models - Skins - Spells:

Armel:
- Naga Enchantress
Av3n:
- Demon caster spells
Cookie:
- Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
- Demon Birth model
- Chaos Razormane
DonDustin:
- VolcanoShieldTarget
Frankster:
- Fel hound Rider
- Fel Orc Rampager
- Chaos Altar of Terror
- Fel Orc Assassin
Grendel:
- Ogre Iron Fist (modified)
- Legionnaire (modified)
Gottfrei:
- CruelCloister
- Demonic Sanctuary
Tarrasque:
- WarQueen
- incursor (terror king)
- Naga Royal Guard
- Dragon Turtle (Transport turtle)
- Death Knight (Burning Knight)
- Rock Prison
- Demon Archer
- Brutal Lord
- Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
- Spiral Aura
- Fanactism Aura
- Greater Geiser
- Aura of Damnation
- Aura of Damnation buff
- BlackHole
- ManaThirst
- Treacherous Attack
- EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
- Legion Teleporter model
Pheonix-IV:
- Naga Town Hall
Spy:
- Lava Bomb model
THE_END:
- Venom Warrior skin
Whitehorn:
- Diabolic skin
- Despoiler skin (Demon Soldier)
WyrWuulfe:
- Satyr Worker model

Script & suggestions:

- Av3n (Your valuable help with items, abilities and other stuff)
- RedDragon (Abilities help and other stuff)
- Tarrasque (Your models and feedback were very useful)
- JetFangInferno (For his suggestions and FX development)
- GaDDeN (he has been a great helper with this project)
- Kyrbi0: Abilities and some other ideas
- Tim. (Thanks for his comments and for directing WC3C
- Veev. For his help in grammar
- Archmage Owenalacaster. For his help with the AI improvement.
- Earth-Fury for Board script.
- WC3C community (for all the feedback received)

Icons:

Some of this icons are as is, others were modified in borders and/or recolored in some cases, but they are based on the original work of the following authors:
- BLIZZARD
- CrazzyRussian
- FrIkY
- Handclaw
- M0rbid
- neo1989
- NFWar
- TDR
- TripleDotta

Other Credits:

- Vexorian: For your excellent WC3mapoptimizer. This map was reduced and protected with wc3optimizer 5.0
- RedDragon: A great supporter, thanks a lot.
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.): I have an special gratitude with this clan for its support and bugs comments.
- PitzerMike: For keeping alive JNGP. This map has been developed in Jass New Generation Pack (5d).
- WC3Campaigns.net: For all the great support and hosting of this project.
- This map has been compiled using Jass Helper version 2012-03-10. Credits to Cohadar and previous authors."
- Cohadar (For improving JassHelper and keep it alive)
- Pipedream (Grimoire is too sexy)
- PitzerMike (safety dance :p)
- Zoxc
- RedDragon: Ideas and suggestions
- Red-Bones-Ghoul: Ideas and suggestions (Lord of Darkness abilities)
- Blade.dk (his war stomp spell making tutorial opens my mind to the JASS world)
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.)
- www.wc3c.net
- "Blizzard: For creating patch 1.24 and fuck the WC3 modding community

Changelog

08/10/2012
  • Fixed a typo in players' multiboard (kills =>; Kills)
  • Fixed a bug where succubus keep jumping on target units when they're smart ordered.
  • Selection circle in Burning Beast reduced from 2.5 to 2
  • The building command card in naga and demon workers has been reordered so it follows the standards in WC3
  • This version will bring a new melee map: FOREPLAY (coming soon!!)

09/04/2012
  • Fixed the missile Z launch of Demon Zeppelin and changes the missile art.
  • Added the heal cargo ability to Transport turtle and Demon Zeppelin. This ability regenerates hitpoints in units transported in those cargo unit types. With this we'll give to this ships a more valuable usage.
  • This version comes with a new melee map: Roads Untraveled by Sonofjay

For opinions and suggestions, you can post them here or in the official forum: http://powerofcorruption.com/community/

Keywords:
Altered, melee, Naga, Demon, PoC, Power of Corruption, Sunken Ruins, Ancient, Temple
Contents

Power of Corruption v2.3b (Map)

Reviews
13:14, 27th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Wow!!!!!!!

Wow thats was just great man! I tryed it wirth one of my friends and we both agreed that it was the best meele map ever made. Mostly becouse of all the new systems like:Devotion points.

It was just awsome.:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 16
At least give more information on Description..... Screenshots or Videos maybe? Voting for Approval anyway, since CHA_Owner is a trusty one on Gameplay reviews and the Description itself is Approvable, BUT Lacking.

Level 23
At least give more information on Description..... Screenshots or Videos maybe? Voting for Approval anyway, since CHA_Owner is a trusty one on Gameplay reviews and the Description itself is Approvable, BUT Lacking.

Its an altered melee, everything is per normal except that races are custom.
hence no much to describe.

Anyway this to me is THE best altered melee every made.

Level 3
Is there any way to get the naga townhall and the Reptillian Sanctuary model?
I really would appreciate it if u would make them downloadable, or the authors. Can't copy them from the map neither cus its protected. Or is that why its protected?

Level 15
Is there any way to get the naga townhall and the Reptillian Sanctuary model?
I really would appreciate it if u would make them downloadable, or the authors. Can't copy them from the map neither cus its protected. Or is that why its protected?
It's optimized and size reduced, therefore protected. But that's not the reason.

Reptilian Sanctuary was made by Jigrael and I believe people should suggest him to release it to the public, I believe he won't have any issue about that.

the other one as made by Pheonix IV, he's inactive, so he won't bother if you use, just give credits in your map, as usual.

Level 3
It's optimized and size reduced, therefore protected. But that's not the reason.

Reptilian Sanctuary was made by Jigrael and I believe people should suggest him to release it to the public, I believe he won't have any issue about that.

the other one as made by Pheonix IV, he's inactive, so he won't bother if you use, just give credits in your map, as usual.

Ok, nice. I became a user on your website so I could download the open source map and copy the models ^^. Its just for a map for private use, not to play on bnet, or upload it here. I'm a noob map creator anyways. Great map btw.

Level 15

Yes, I know I promised I won't do new versions, but these days I've been free of time and this map came to my mind as a good remembering...

Well, basically I did some minor bug fixes and I've added new models to the Demon and Naga races.

Changelog 02/01/2011:

General:
  • Fixed a bug with Inner Hell: now Inferno Knight won't be hurted if it cast the ability over a unit with poisonous skin.
  • Improved damage credit.
  • Multiboard now only shows devotion resource from the allied units

Current Models:

Armel:
- Naga Enchantress
Cookie:
- Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
- Demon Birth model
Dan van Ohllus:
- Succorbenoth model (Demon Tower)
- Chaos Razormane
dickxunder:
- TideBaron Model
General Frank:
- Fel hound Rider
- Fel Orc Rampager
- Chaos Altar of Terror
Jigrael:
- WarQueen
- incursor (terror king)
- Rock Prison
- Sea Drake
- Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
- Spiral Aura
- Fanactism Aura
- Greater Geiser
- Aura of Damnation
- Aura of Damnation buff
- BlackHole
- ManaThirst
- Treacherous Attack
- EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
Pheonix-IV:
- Naga Town Hall
THE_END:
- Venom Warrior skin
TotallyAwesome:
- Demon Hall model
Whitehorn:
- Diabolic skin
WyrWuulfe:
- Satyr Worker model

I hope don't forget anybody. The source code does not correspond to the current version. If you want to test this game, you can download in the traditional Link.. Bugs, comments and other stuff can be commented HERE.

Enjoy :D

Level 9
OMG THIS KICKZ ASS YOU PWN LOL YOU HAZ 1337 WE SKILLZ THIS OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay just kidding, I'm not that kind of person. Wonderful job anyway, I simply loved it. Good job with the devotion system and of course with the heroes. They are very well made, I must say. The units are also well made. I'll just say the entire map is a master piece, in my opinion ;]

~You deserve a 5/5 and +rep

Level 14
Nice modification, however I've found a bug -- the Brutal Lord's ability "Stunning Punch" will knock enemy units in unreachable locations, and the Succubus' ability "Double Attack" would make the Succubus to attack that unit and be stuck. Here's a screenshot:

pocbug.png

Otherwise, a really, really nice modification.

Level 15
Sorry for my late reply, I was on vacation and I just returned.

FINALlY thanks moyak for continuing with your map +rep cause of this awesomness
No problem :)

OMG THIS KICKZ ASS YOU PWN LOL YOU HAZ 1337 WE SKILLZ THIS OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay just kidding, I'm not that kind of person. Wonderful job anyway, I simply loved it. Good job with the devotion system and of course with the heroes. They are very well made, I must say. The units are also well made. I'll just say the entire map is a master piece, in my opinion ;]

~You deserve a 5/5 and +rep
Wow!!! thanks for your support, I'm glad you enjoyed it and play it.

I've played this map a couple a lot times and do occasionally play it with friends.
so straight up 5/5 :p
great efforts has been put in it, you deserve a break now ^^
So you're proposing me to return to my grave... hmmm :p

This is 1 of the best melee maps !Good job mate!You was thinking about new race?
Thanks for your words :) About the new race, yes, I was thinking in that, the problem is that it implies a bigger map size and you know, people hates waiting for downloading a map in Battle.net. But the code hs been developed to add a new race when needed.

lolwut? moyack still lives?
I understand your question, I do the same question from time to time :p

Nice modification, however I've found a bug -- the Brutal Lord's ability "Stunning Punch" will knock enemy units in unreachable locations, and the Succubus' ability "Double Attack" would make the Succubus to attack that unit and be stuck. Here's a screenshot:

pocbug.png

Otherwise, a really, really nice modification.
Hmmmm.... it seems a small bug in the projectile system, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for the reports.

Level 2
i only have few minutes left for online before i sleep.

If i am not wrong the orb of the demon (i forget the name) said it adds 20 damages but, in fact, it only adds 5 damages :vw_wtf:

And Hell Yeah, The Naga's "Critical Attack" item is overpowered. I only need to attach 6 of them on my Venom Warrior and it can kill around 3 heroes of enemies easily (Normal Difficult). (With help from venom fog skill, it is really easy to kill bunch of unit):thumbs_up:

Sorry, but i don't intented to harass you as a wc3 mapmaker when scII is around :grin:

Level 15
Can you tell me where can I get this huge transport turtle model?
As far as I remember the Transport Turle model was here, maybe Jigrael deleted it :huh:

i only have few minutes left for online before i sleep.

If i am not wrong the orb of the demon (i forget the name) said it adds 20 damages but, in fact, it only adds 5 damages :vw_wtf:

And Hell Yeah, The Naga's "Critical Attack" item is overpowered. I only need to attach 6 of them on my Venom Warrior and it can kill around 3 heroes of enemies easily (Normal Difficult). (With help from venom fog skill, it is really easy to kill bunch of unit):thumbs_up:

Sorry, but i don't intented to harass you as a wc3 mapmaker when scII is around :grin:
About the items, I'll reduce the damage of the Naga item and I'll fix the damage value in the demon item. Thanks for your post :)

Level 15
Power of Corruption Version 2.2e is now live

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

Well, this has been a long journey with this new version and I can say I'm really proud of it. It offers new features and improved models to satisfy the eyelooking :D

General Improvements:

• Simplified multiboard: now it only shows your data, not the ones from others
  • Improved code: simplified stuff so the game runs faster and smoother
  • Added a new ability: jump. Now the demon units like succubus and Brutal Lord have the jump ability, which allow them avoid obstacles. The purposes of this ability is to complement it with their other jumping abilities so they can't get stuck.
  • New Models: Now the demon race has its own custom models, looking greater than ever. Additionally there's a new Naga Imperial Warrior made by Tarrasque (AKA jigrael) which is now perfect to the hero style and looks incredibly great.

Please enjoy this new release and any comment and suggestion are totally welcome.

Level 10
The Brutal Lord model, I would kill to get my hands on it for my map. Is it private or could you link the download?

Level 15
Level 15
Level 11
Well then,give my congratz to Jigrael for making such a nice drawing
Anyway,i can't do anything but wait to see this awesome model implemented in the upcomming versios as no doubt it shall pwn ass.
LMAO,it really looks like the devil with that goat like face and those horns XD

Level 15
Let this map be a shining jewel of inspiration and example to all those who wish to submit melee maps.

You put a lot of effort into the creation of this map, moyack. And it has definitely paid off. You and all the people who contributed have made this map a truly fun experience :)
And the best thing is that I'm still improving things to it. It's coming a new update, with a new hero and an improved general demon ability which makes more interesting playing the demon race.

I'll be introducing the neutral hero capability of this map with new custom heroes.

Thanks Archian for your support and kind words :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
And the best thing is that I'm still improving things to it. It's coming a new update, with a new hero and an improved general demon ability which makes more interesting playing the demon race.

I'll be introducing the neutral hero capability of this map with new custom heroes.

Thanks Archian for your support and kind words :)
Sweet Gregor Mendel! That's great :goblin_good_job:

I've always been particularily fond of demons. So to hear they're getting themselves a new hero makes me all tingly inside :p

Hopefully, yet another touch of jigrael is coming your way!
Concept looks intriquing, though :)

Level 15
So how are things going?
Any new update or something comming up? :D
Ohhh fucking yessss :)

I'm preparing version 2.3, with a new demon hero made by Tarrasque, adding the neutral heroes (Arachnian Queen becomes one and as the second neutral hero I'm using this unit)

models_10075_screenshot.jpg

108420d1322135211-demon-archer-darcher.jpg

Also I've created this loading screen for each race.

Demon Race:
attachment.php

Naga Race:
attachment.php

Random Race:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Power of Corruption Background Demon.jpg
    Power of Corruption Background Demon.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,415
  • Power of Corruption Background Naga.jpg
    Power of Corruption Background Naga.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Power of Corruption Background Random.jpg
    Power of Corruption Background Random.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 772
Level 15
PoC_logo.png

POWER OF CORRUPTION RC 2.3
is now
LIVE

BUG REPORTING HERE or in this thread

At last, this is the almost finished version of this game. it will be released to have feedback and report issues before the final version.

As a RELEASE CANDIDATE version, this game show a debugging tool, just to help define any possible issue.

What this version does not have:
  • Fel Orc Assassin (AKA Bounty hunter) spells Completely implemented (she can be found at the Tavern). I require suggestions for a set of abilities.
  • Possibility to remove the handle counter dialog.

What this version DOES have:
  • The most awaited new hero: Demon Saboteur (AKA demon archer)
    108420d1322135211-demon-archer-darcher.jpg
  • Demon buildings TOTALLY CUSTOM, they now fir with the race making it look gorgeous -_- .
  • Improved the code, it should be faster and efficient, that's where you can tell me if it's true or not
  • Jump ability improved for demons.
  • New unit models, credits goes for Grendel and Whitehorn
  • Neutral heroes (Arachnian Queen and Fel Bounty Hunter (in progress))

List of Credits:

Code:
Models - Skins - Spells:

Armel:
 - Naga Enchantress
Av3n:
 - Demon caster spells
Cookie:
 - Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
 - Demon Birth model
 - Chaos Razormane
DonDustin:
 - VolcanoShieldTarget
Frankster:
 - Fel hound Rider
 - Fel Orc Rampager
 - Chaos Altar of Terror
 - Fel Orc Assassin
Grendel:
 - Ogre Iron Fist (modified)
 - Legionnaire (modified)
Gottfrei:
 - CruelCloister
 - Demonic Sanctuary
Tarrasque:
 - WarQueen 
 - incursor (terror king)
 - Naga Royal Guard
 - Rock Prison
 - Demon Archer
 - Brutal Lord
 - Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
 - Spiral Aura
 - Fanactism Aura
 - Greater Geiser
 - Aura of Damnation
 - Aura of Damnation buff
 - BlackHole
 - ManaThirst
 - Treacherous Attack
 - EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
Pheonix-IV:
 - Naga Town Hall
Spy:
 - Lava Bomb model
THE_END:
 - Venom Warrior skin
Whitehorn:
 - Diabolic skin
 - Despoiler skin (Demon Soldier)
WyrWuulfe:
 - Satyr Worker model

Script & suggestions:

- Av3n (Your valuable help with items, abilities and other stuff)
 - RedDragon (Abilities help and other stuff)
 - Tarrasque (Your models and feedback were very useful)
 - JetFangInferno (For his suggestions and FX development)
 - GaDDeN (he has been a great helper with this project)
 - Kyrbi0: Abilities and some other ideas
 - Tim. (Thanks for his comments and for directing WC3C 
 - Veev. For his help in grammar
 - Archmage Owenalacaster. For his help with the AI improvement.
 - Earth-Fury for Board script.
 - WC3C community (for all the feedback received)

Icons:

Some of this icons are as is, others were modified in borders and/or recolored in some cases, but they are based on the original work of the following authors:
 - BLIZZARD
 - CrazzyRussian
 - FrIkY
 - Handclaw
 - M0rbid
 - neo1989
 - NFWar
 - TDR
 - TripleDotta

Other Credits:

- Vexorian: For your excellent WC3mapoptimizer. This map was reduced and protected with wc3optimizer 5.0
 - RedDragon: A great supporter, thanks a lot.
 - scumedit.net (R.I.P.): I have an special gratitude with this clan for its support and bugs comments.
 - PitzerMike: For keeping alive JNGP. This map has been developed in Jass New Generation Pack (5d).
 - WC3Campaigns.net: For all the great support and hosting of this project.
 - This map has been compiled using Jass Helper version 2012-03-10. Credits to Cohadar and previous authors."
 - Cohadar (For improving JassHelper and keep it alive)
 - Pipedream (Grimoire is too sexy)
 - PitzerMike (safety dance :P)
 - Zoxc
 - RedDragon: Ideas and suggestions
 - Red-Bones-Ghoul: Ideas and suggestions (Lord of Darkness abilities)
 - Blade.dk (his war stomp spell making tutorial opens my mind to the JASS world)
 - scumedit.net (R.I.P.)
 - www.wc3c.net
 - "Blizzard: For creating patch 1.24 and fuck the WC3 modding community

Screenshots & Videos:

Coming soon -_-

Level 4
Found a bug =.= where the brutal lord got silenced by the siren and I used that mighty smash thingy which in turn removes his attack action =.= also some units with jump ability won't use it for some reason.... I was also laughing at the brutal lord jumping around the enemy.... so weird xD
Anyways great melee map, so far it's one of the best I've seen :)

Level 15
Ok, added to the bug database: http://blizzardmodding.info/?issue=5

Ok, you have Brutal Lord vs siren, she cast sonic on Brutal Lord and then you try to stop her with Brutal Lord's Mighty Smash. Doing it makes the Brutal lord unable to attack (removes the attack command?, it gets paused?) just to clarify and try to reproduce the bug.

About jump ability, it works if the unit has a move or smart order and it gets blocked by something. Because AI sends move commands too often Brutal Lord movement makes it look funny, and actually I love this behavior bu the AI :D the map can't be totally serious all the time ;)

If you control an unit with jump ability and it gets stuck, you have to order to move into a location or right click several times to unblock it. the system will do the calculations and unfreeze the unit.

Thanks for your report. If you have a replay, I'd appreciate if you can upload here.

Level 4
I already clicked the smash ability then it has a few delay though so the siren casts sonic then after he jumps, he has no attack!

also another bug, I just found out all of my special units(The jumpers, including the naga warrior hero in it due to his tsunami attack)is in the tavern in middle of the map. It happens sometime in the game when they either jumped, or used an ability the moves them around (Like the mighty smash and tsunami attack skill something)

btw GREAT GAME! :goblin_good_job:

I was wondering if you could add the other races perhaps? Im pretty much sure you can add only 2 races though but still it's hard to balance them with the demons and Naga

Level 15
Can someone make a screenshots for all this new models ? I want to see them, but I dont have wc3 installed on my comp at the moment...