• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Curse of Gilneas

Sunreaver Presents

The Curse of Gilneas
Created by Sunreaver

Map Info:
In this map u can play as the Gilneans. One of the most powerful races of the Alliance. They are mighty and can even bring down Garrosh Magnataurs. They can simply shapeshift themself into the savage worgen or into peaceful humans all the time. Use the might of their soldiers and crush your enemies.

Features:

The Gilnean Race

• Unique Items
  • Strong Units
  • Lack of magic dispels

Play as the Gilneans and crush your enemies
Play fast and destroy fast

Some else stuff about map:

This map is not protected
4 powerful heroes: Hunter, Death Knight, Enchantress & Lord of the Pack

Screenshots:
232090-albums6704-picture79032.png

232090-albums6704-picture79031.png

Change Log:

Added:
  • Change map description template
  • Added some icons
  • Ghoul unit summon by the Death Knight
Removed:
  • Searing Arrows upgrade
  • Raise Death Ability
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • Fix all the hot keys properly
  • Fix the Hunters Rage description
  • Change searing arrow ability
Changed:
  • Change some icons into new ones
  • Change spell names and some descriptions
  • Change map from Conquest of Gilneas to Curse of Gilneas
  • Holy Light ability to Angelic Blessing

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Added:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Removed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Fixed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
Changed:
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Credits:

Judronte, Sellenisko, 67Chrome, Deanar7, Footman16, Ujimasa Hojo, Chen Stormstout, Whitewolf18, Blizzard Entertaiment, Kimbo or Kimberly

Author's notes:

Feel free to edit, upload and use anywhere
Notice this is Blizzard Entertaiment(Adorhal)
All my maps have more Gold Mine gold increase
Food limit in all my maps is 150
Please know that random hero will not work with new heroes
To play as Gilneans choose any race, Human race is suggested because it has some custom rally flag stuff

[Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Keywords:[/b]
Gilneas,Worgen,Gilnean,Feathermoon,Melee,Blood,Fang,Claws,
Contents

The Curse of Gilneas (Map)

Reviews
13:53, 14th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 2/5. I suggest you to still improve this even though it got approved. Your map being approved does not mean that you should stop updating your maps to become better. See my review...

M

13:53, 14th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 2/5. I suggest you to still improve this even though it got approved. Your map being approved does not mean that you should stop updating your maps to become better.

See my review here: Review

If you need this map to be reviewed once again, please do tell me through VM/PM but preferable PM.

Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Conquest of Gilneas
Map Author: Feathermoon

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

An altered melee map with a new race called Worgen in it. I find them interesting and I do think they fit for a killer type of races but I found most of the units just re-modelled but still their damage and other else are based on the original Warcraft III units and the heroes' spells are just plain Warcraft III standard spell. You could have at least made something unique in it but this is pretty much fine.

Score: 51/100

Presentation

Presentation looks decent though I would suggest also putting some screenshots and changelogs if you want also. Do put the header texts in Bold to better emphasize them such as Map Info, Features and Credits. But I suggest that you just use Kobas' Description Template to do the job or maybe VK (Vengeancekael')'s Map Description Generator to do the hardwork of making a nicely done template for you.

Score: 46/100

Design

Tooltips are quite a mess. You should put some spacing after each punctuation mark. You did not even bothered to change a little of the description to fit the race because some still displays the original unit in Warcraft III instead of the new unit that has the ability.

Score: 59/100

Object Data

The Wolf Raid-like unit has a hero glow for a unit, it is just a minor issue but it is better if you remove hero glows for units to avoid confusions. And because they are wolves, I do not know why I see Hyppogryphs and Bandits there, it looks awkward because as far as I know that the Worgen Race composes of Wolf units ONLY.

Score: 62/100

Gameplay

Overall, game is looking good though I suggest you fix some tooltips (suggestions are at the Design part of my review). And make something unique here, I only see units that are plainly re-modelled such as the basic unit which is just a re-modelled of Footman and with the same Damage and abilities. Also the placement of units and abilities in research and trained are pretty much confusing because some researched abilites are being displayed at the units part. To avoid confusion I suggest, you organize them well. Hunter hero is pretty much imba with his 4th skill then combined with 1st skill, what I suggest is make the mana cost for those two higher so it will be balanced because what I have noticed is that these two abilities are pretty much easy to spam. I even destroyed an entire base with just me and a very small amount of army composing Hippogryphs and those flying units that throws Lightning hammer. I simply use my 1st skill to hasten my attacks and 4th skill to totally empower all of my units and me with a 55 bonus damage.

Score: 58/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Presentation could be pretty much improved. See through my suggestions at Presentation part of my review.

Tooptips are quite a mess and needs some porper spacing and change the things that still refers to the original units.

Remove the hero glow from the Wolf Raid-like units in the game or completely remove it and change it with a fitting one without a hero glow.

The new races are suppose to be composed of Wolves though it looks awkward to see Hippogryphs and Bandits there.

Make something unique in this altered melee map. Mostly, I can just see re-modelled units and just changed abilities.

Make the placement of research skills and trained units icon neat and organized. For now, it looks like a mess to be honest.

Hunter's spell is too much strong and I suggest you make the mana cost of the fourth skill high because with just this single ability, you can maybe own a whole game.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 55.200/100
2/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 28
If you choose Random Hero, the hero doesn't change when you switch races.
Tooltips don't indicate the hotkeys.
No heroic healing ability.
Confusion doesn't seem to work: The units shows up as mine, but doesn't respond to orders or attack other units, it's just stunned.
Only one piece of music gets old very quickly.

Last edited:
Level 18
I saw my icon, you forgot to credit me, but that's ok, I'll just test ingame.
Sorry i will credit u now i already did ingame

If you choose Random Hero, the hero doesn't change when you switch races.
Tooltips don't indicate the hotkeys.
No heroic healing ability.
Confusion doesn't seem to work: The units shows up as mine, but doesn't respond to orders or attack other units, it's just stunned.
Only one piece of music gets old very quickly.
There are not for Random Heroes it goes laggy
Sorry i am so lazy to edit it back
Of course no healing there are savages
Thats for enemy units to attack it.
I don't think that is old

Also thanks for feedback

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, it fine, but there are many things you could improve:

1. Some units and icons just don't fit here, like that spearthrower and so on.
2. Spellscasters are more or less unique, so are the heroes, but basic units, like footmen and knights are just reskined. You could give them something unique too.
3. You could also change their voices. I know there are not many options for that, but sometimes they just seem wierd. You should make them all (except heroes) sound like wolves.
4. Maybe you should also work a little more on their techtree and tooltips.