• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2) Abyssal Gorge

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「AbyssalGorge」

By Mythic

Gameplay
[tr]
Once a desolate passage in the lands of the Arathi, the Goblins have taken advantage of this crucial path to secure a stable business while the Red Dragons mend the surroundings.

Features
- 3 Red Camps
- 8 Orange Camps (+2)
- 4 Green Camps
- 6 Expansions, 20kg for 4 and 25k for 2
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Goblin Laboratories
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 1 Fountain of Health

Screenshots
[tr]
141308d1417341923-2-abyssal-gorge-abyssalgorge_entireview.png

141235d1417120716-abyssal-gorge-abyssalgorge_screenshot1.png

141309d1417341923-2-abyssal-gorge-abyssalgorge_screenshot2.png

141237d1417120716-abyssal-gorge-abyssalgorge_screenshot3.png

141238d1417120716-abyssal-gorge-abyssalgorge_aerialview.png

Changelog
[tr]
11/28/14: v1 - Uploaded
11/30/14 v2 - Broadened observatory paths and fixed a few drops.
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Abyss, Abyssal, Gorge, Red, Abyssal Gorge, Lifebind, Gorge Abyssal, Abyss Gorge, Gorge Abyss, Myth
Contents

(2) Abyssal Gorge (Map)

Reviews
16:05, 16th Dec 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: A [mostly] symmetrical expansion heavy melee map that could use more work decorating. Some expansions might be a too near each other for comfort, but it can work. Map approved.

M

16:05, 16th Dec 2014
StoPCampinGn00b: A [mostly] symmetrical expansion heavy melee map that could use more work decorating. Some expansions might be a too near each other for comfort, but it can work. Map approved.

Screens.

I'm sorry if this is a downgrade from Enchanted Glade - I can't leave Cake Age stuff unreleased.

Attachments

• AbyssalGorge_Screenshot1.png
    AbyssalGorge_Screenshot1.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,794
  • AbyssalGorge_Screenshot3.png
    AbyssalGorge_Screenshot3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,762
  • AbyssalGorge_AerialView.png
    AbyssalGorge_AerialView.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,744
  • AbyssalGorge_EntireView.png
    AbyssalGorge_EntireView.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,677
  • AbyssalGorge_Screenshot2.png
    AbyssalGorge_Screenshot2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,637
Last edited:
Level 23
bottom player is in high disadvantage compared to the top player, because the top player is on cliff, so he sees what comes to him, and his units have chance to evade incomming damage if fighting units on cliff, whereas the bottom player will be the one missing inside his own base as well as not see incomming enemy

Level 21
Good melee map. Not one of your best ones though for some reasons.

- Item drops are a disaster! I see level 6 items of a Forest Troll Warlord. Although he is also level 6, I don't think such a creep is worth an Inferno Stone or Demonic Figurine. Same goes for the Gnoll Overseers. Then, I noticed there are many creeps which drop Power Up items. Believe me, this is not suitable for a melee map, it's kinda RPG-ish to have Power Ups on many creeps
- Many ramps are too restricted. I see that the Goblin Laboratories are in a bit small area. The expansion gold mines on the cliffs are on a large area but the ramp that leads to them is too tiny and should be bigger

Other than that, I appreciated this melee map. It has a great tile variation and the terrain was pleasing. The symmetry is perfect so both sides are balanced. As an overall result, I would give the map 3/5 and vote for APPROVAL!