• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel

Valenvai presents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel
Created by Valenvai

Map Info:

A single player RPG map with new heroes and new abilities, optional quests, exploring and of course a main plot.
You are a hero, new to these lands, seeking fame and fortune unaware of the dark secrets buried deep beneath this seemingly peaceful kingdom.

Features:

• Seven playable heroes (+2 secret heroes to unlock).
  • New Custom spells.
  • Crafted items.
  • Optional Quests.
  • Hidden treasures to find.
  • Riddles to solve.
  • Non-linear world. Wander free around the kingdom and search for quests and treasures!

Screenshot:

tpotda1_zps60d73364.jpg

tpotda3_zpsdbbb1469.jpg

tpotda2_zps7701df4e.jpg

tpotda6_zpsac366be1.jpg

tpotda8_zpsc1101c26.jpg

tpotda4_zpsc842aef7.jpg

tpotda5_zpsca2bebdf.jpg

tpotda7_zps2b14e4da.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • My friends and beta-testers (killerjackal, BlackGuard_4, IceBlue, Sideris, miampyritsanaxa, Garidaki) for their support.
  • Hive Workshop for the place to upload my map.
  • Everyone for their productive feedback (in advance).

• Nerfed Dwarven Defender (Riposte ability).
  • Fixed a bug not allowing you to enter Dragonmountain cave, cutting the main plot.
  • Made sign posts bigger. No excuse to become lost now. >:)
  • Some aesthetic changes and neutral buildings (like shops and fountains) don't show on minimap anymore.
  • 27/09/2012 Fixed more bugs.
  • 27/09/2012 Druid spells are in their correct place.
  • 27/09/2012 Defender of Nature (Druid) had its tooltip corrected.
  • 06/10/2012 Added more Optional quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Added a few 'guide' quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Revamped Wolf Companion (Arcane Archer).
  • 06/10/2012 Added more items.
  • 06/10/2012 Some bosses are tougher now.
  • 08/10/2012 Fixed some tooltips.
  • 08/10/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 24/10/2012 Fixed some bugs.
  • 29/10/2012 Added cinematics giving detailed information about the heroes before you select them.
  • 29/10/2012 Added a 'storage' box that you can call anytime and stash your items.
  • 29/10/2012 A few aesthetic changes to cinematics.
  • 29/10/2012 Fixed a bug where you could create more than one artifact of a kind.
  • 30/10/2012 Added a Custom Preview Image.
  • 30/10/2012 Quest giving NPCs have a mark over their head now.
  • 02/11/2012 A few environment fixes.
  • 02/11/2012 Tooltip corrections.
  • 19/11/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 19/11/2012 After public demand I removed some trees and changed a little the terrain. :)
  • 22/11/2012 Fixed a minor bug.
  • 27/11/2012 Gameplay improvements. Minor bug fixes.
  • 28/11/2012 Some balance issues.
  • 29/11/2012 Environment enriching.
  • 29/11/2012 Some balance issues for Druid.
  • 29/11/2012 Fixed some glitches.
  • 03/12/2012 Fixed bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Fixed Arcane Archer's bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Some tooltip corrections.
  • 05/12/2012 Some items got buffed.
  • 08/12/2012 Lowered / balanced the cost of heal and mana potions. [*]17/01/2013 Added a special secret code you can use in the next map/part. The code is shown when you complete the map.
  • 18/02/2013 Bug fixes.
  • 18/02/2013 Some camera improvements.
  • 26/02/2013 Fixed a bug considering a secret hero.
  • 26/02/2013 Minor improvements.
  • 24/03/2013 Found and fixed a nasty little bug breaking an optional quest.
  • 26/03/2013 Improved/fixed some triggers that had a chance to bug the plot.
  • 26/03/2013 Minor terrain improvement and grammar fixes.
  • 11/06/2013 Flamewish's (weapon) area of effect increased.
  • 11/06/2013 Gaeran d'Volen has a new model! (credits to Armel)
  • 11/06/2013 Machine Bow (weapon) slightly nerfed.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor spell tooltip fixes.
  • 25/01/2014 One more riddle type quest added.
  • 28/01/2014 Bug fixes.
  • 28/01/2014 Terrain enrichment.
  • 28/01/2014 The Tomb is now deadlier.
  • 05/02/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 A few camera improvements.
  • 02/05/2014 Building and some cave entrances now have a Circle of Power to be easier to spot.
  • 05/05/2014 Fixed a quest bug.
  • 05/05/2014 A few lore corrections to better fit with Part 2 story.
  • 14/05/2014 Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused a quest mob not appearing where it should be.
  • 18/08/2014 Balanced Samurai's "Smoke Grenade" ability.
  • 18/08/2014 Nerfed Samurai's Special Class Weapon.
  • 18/08/2014 Slightly reduced attack speed bonus gained from Agility. [*]20/08/2014 You can now choose at the begging of game to play with or without cinematics.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor item fixes.
  • 21/08/2014 Fixed a bug that could cut the main plot progress on non-cinematic game mode.
  • 24/08/2014 Fixed a trigger that could lead to a bug.
  • 15/09/2014 Improved some triggers to avoid bugs.
  • 15/09/2014 Terrain enrichement.
  • 15/09/2014 Added some new abilities to certain enemies to increase the challenge.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new quests.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new items.
  • 03/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Trigger improvement to prevent possible glitches.
  • 09/10/2014 Corrected the color of some items.
  • 09/10/2014 Added 4 Rare Enemies that randomly appear in specific locations around the map.
  • 09/10/2014 Added new loot dropped by Rare Enemies.
  • 09/10/2014 Found and fixed a trigger bug.
  • 10/10/2014 Fixed a few memory leaks.
  • 11/10/2014 Minor changes for convenient gameplay.
  • 11/10/2014 Chances to encounter a rare monster were way to small. They are now higher.
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed more memory leaks. (I hope)
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed a bug I created while fixing memory leaks. Flame me at your leisure.
  • 02/02/2015 Minor bug fixes.
  • 04/03/2016 Fixed an item bug.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dark Angel, Prophecy, Valenvai, Single Player, non-linear
Contents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Reasons:

[Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.
Check out the icons section for custom icons made by the community: Icons Section

Comment:
When you get close to a quest giver, fade out the screen for 0.5s, during that fade-out, move the hero in front of the quest giver, make him face the target and also clear selection circles. Finally fade in again and start the dialogue.
It would also be better if you gave a quest giver a skill which would have to be clicked to start a dialogue and not start the cutscene once you get close to them. Try adding exclamation marks above the head of quest givers as well.
The UI icons you've change don't match either, mostly the commandbuttons, I suggest you take a look at icon sets in the Icons section.​
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 9
I didn't want to make it linear, like forcing you to go one way and auto-leading you to the quests. It was my intention to make it free-roam...
Visiting cities, generaly, lets you progress and find quests... but I encourage you to search around the world! Lots of secret stuff out there! :D

Last edited:
Level 5
hey i started again and encountered a bug. i straight went to the druid, then to the first spider eggs in the north. after that it told me 5 times: "congratulation, i found the secret hero" for both of them. then i died because my mouse couldnt do anything anymore =/
did u update it? whats the news?

Level 5
okok i tried this again but there are too many bugs for me to continue:

-when killing all the bandits on the lake and then finding this statue the quest cant be completed anymore
-i played the druid cuz, as i mentioned above, somehow the codes appeard. it was nice to play but when i got level 3 suddely the "yunero/juggernaut" hero appeard and i got 2 heros at once
-when i got to the bridge at the lake a cinematic appeard that had nothing to do with the situation.. or maybe this was made by purpose
..thats why i stopped play =( i know its hard fixing bugs but as i imagine u know where to go when u play it so u may dont encounter these things.
if there werent those bugs , and i think this wont get better during the story, i would love to play this..

Level 9
okok i tried this again but there are too many bugs for me to continue:

-when killing all the bandits on the lake and then finding this statue the quest cant be completed anymore
-i played the druid cuz, as i mentioned above, somehow the codes appeard. it was nice to play but when i got level 3 suddely the "yunero/juggernaut" hero appeard and i got 2 heros at once
-when i got to the bridge at the lake a cinematic appeard that had nothing to do with the situation.. or maybe this was made by purpose
..thats why i stopped play =( i know its hard fixing bugs but as i imagine u know where to go when u play it so u may dont encounter these things.
if there werent those bugs , and i think this wont get better during the story, i would love to play this..

Oh man... in latest version I added some flying critters for aesthetic purposes. It seems they trigger specific locations actions (forgot to exclude them). I will change it asap. Thnx for the feedback. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Level 9
About the bandits: There is a tree that blocks the way to the bandits camp south of lake. The tree is destroyed when you take the quest opening the way to their leader which must be killed to complete the quest.
It's strange how you killed him if you didn't take the quest.

Last edited:
Level 5
yeha.. sorry for my false estimation! i played about 3 hours now and i really enjoyed it, for now i encountered no bug!
i can give u a feedback when i finished but for now there are some improvements u could make in your new map:
-in the beginning, make a main quest or/and an intro cinematic so that the player knows there is something behind, and not just killing monsters (like i thought).
-u can make more different quests and quests that are seperated in quest parts.
-a backpack system would be nice
-and of yours, you could work on a nicer terrain

for now, good work mon!

Level 5
hey, i continued playing and these are my advices and questions:

-glens hammer and this boat buying quest are no real optional quests. you could make a "quest" with general informations about the map and one "quest" for "gathered infos" like commands u recieved, the teleportation stone infromation etc. in addition u could write the command for crafting the items at glen in the quest. (i couldnt remember =))
-u may devide the main quests in parts or in more and shorter quests.
-there is no gold for the later monsters but gold coins to pick up?
-whats this big ghost in the beginning where the first berry is?
-mithril morningstar item gives +9 and not +10 damage, "click to use" has no effect..
-more items would be nice! flamewish is best weapon till now and i got it in the beginning!
-tomb is a bit too boring, just killing monsteres =/
-didnt know what to do in the cathetral so far =(

..now im at the tomb riddle but i dont get it.. could u give me a hint or something? i dont wanna pass without looking behind the door =( has it something to do with planets?

Level 14
A bug:

Just before I went to kill the troll lord, I freed the elf from the cage.

That triggered a cinematic; however, during it, the trolls woke up and attacked me. That shouldn't happen; you may want to trigger the cage indestructible if you haven't killed the troll lord.

Level 9
A bug:

Just before I went to kill the troll lord, I freed the elf from the cage.

That triggered a cinematic; however, during it, the trolls woke up and attacked me. That shouldn't happen; you may want to trigger the cage indestructible if you haven't killed the troll lord.

Good idea... silly me for missing this! Fixing right away!

Last edited:
Level 6
Thnx for your suggestions... I improved the map with more quests and items.
I answered your questions with private message, plz don't post spoilers! :xxd:

here is some quick advice.Warcraft 3 is almost dead,so if you decide to make this map for a long time don't expect "glory",do it for the right reasons.

here is my advice:

1)the golden rule: keep things simple and progressive.

a)add more information when choosing heroes,a little story and the role of the hero should do it.(check out guilds of hyppos for inspiration or sunken city)

b)it's boring to listen to every quest(for some).Add the option to skip it or rearrange the format.For example I like how The black road did this.You get the quest and you get the goal,if you want to read more than you have to go to the quests window and you have a little story...it's perfectly fine for me.The chosen ones has a skip option,that's cool also...sometimes you want to listen to what they have to say.

I have some stuff to do,I will write more later probably.But please do something about those dialogues,i really wanted to play the map more but i just was to bored.It's to slow...I've read it 3-4 times before switching to the next one,and English is my third language...you probably already noticed i'm not a native speaker.I will be glad to test your map as long as I have to,it's refreshing seeing something ambitious in the dying w3 community

Level 9
a)add more information when choosing heroes,a little story and the role of the hero should do it.(check out guilds of hyppos for inspiration or sunken city)

I was afraid that someone would point that out some time. Indeed choosing heroes could have more details.

b)it's boring to listen to every quest(for some).Add the option to skip it or rearrange the format.For example I like how The black road did this.You get the quest and you get the goal,if you want to read more than you have to go to the quests window and you have a little story...it's perfectly fine for me.The chosen ones has a skip option,that's cool also...sometimes you want to listen to what they have to say.

A thin line. I don't want to take out the Role Play Game environment. Just clicking on NPCs and getting quests then proceed to kill the monsters is boring to my eyes. I tried my best with the dialogs: To give emotions, character and personality to the NPCs. Main quest 1st part has a LONG dialog, I know. I wanted to keep it that way so the player gets fmiliar with this world's lore; I plan to make more parts, continuing the story.
The skip option though sounds logical.

Thnx for the feedback! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 3
Just beat the map. I played as the archer with summon wolf spell. Her ultimate broke after I got level 2/3 (level 1 worked fine).

It probably would have been too hard at the end, because one of the monsters in the final dungeon could charm your wolf away, and with no meat tank, I died.

However, I was able to win by finally solving the Glen's Hammer quest. I made 5 (!!!!) Machine Gun bows, and my sixth item was a Mask of Death. After that everything melted in front of me, even the last two boss areas.

I didn't bother completing a lot of the quests because of limited inventory space and the long distances to walk. By the time I had all the way points to warp around and bring this item here and that item there, the gold reward wasn't worth it anymore.

I agree about adding a skip cinematic option, and putting more of the information inside the quests.

Nice map. There were lots of little things that could be improved, but I appreciated a lot of the secrets you hid.

The second "hidden hero"...I could never get the door open to access him. There were two runes in that dungeon that I walked over, but neither did anything.

Level 1
I think, if you can't see the map ingame, try to move it to maps (the one with melee maps) and not downloads. This also happened me once. BTW, This game is good. :D

Level 12
I just tested/finished it.

[+] The obelisk system is nice. It's a bit frustrating when you loose with less than 300 gold, but that's the game and that's fine ^^.
[+] The game is really non-linear.
[+] The forge system is fine, but I think Glen should be closer to the starting point so we have little chance to miss him (especially if you're willing to increase the number of crafts).
[+] The map is big and it takes hours to finish it with a single hero (and more if we want to complete all the side quests - which I didn't do ^^).
[+] There are really few bugs for a map so big.
[+] The hotkeys are convenient ; the quest panel is well-used (even if you should split the "game quests" and the "game informations").

[x] The story is not bad nor brilliant, but I found the NPC a bit caricatural. The hero has no kind of personality in the beginning of the game and finish in a "I have no fear, I'm the Chosen one"-way in the end. There could be changes in the dialogs depending on the class, too, but I conced it would be big work.
[x] The terrain is decent. Still a bit irritating too be unable too see anything in the woods.

[-] The spells, damnit. They are all but uniques. Warcraft III's spells are not bad by themselves but they are boring in a RPG map. That also applies to enemies, even if it's less unforgivable.
[-] There are some balancing issues. The Mage (Jaina's model) is quiet weak while the Archer and Vampire are fine (the Vampire is a bit overpowered but that's ok). I think there is a big difference between heroes that have invocations and the others... The enemies are sometimes imbalanced too (the first group of furbolgs is harder than the following / there is a kobold group really tougher than the other fights in that *don't remember its name* forest...). The items +6 damage are also way too costly for their power (1500 gold), and the spell books are far better items for early game than the other buyables. Also, I only got the Vampire's inferno caft, but it is either too powerfull or too easy to get.
[-] Can't skip the cinematics ^^.
[-] I don't like the use of commands, like "-forge" or "-500" when there are other choices. I suggest you to use abilities instead (you put an ability that does nothing on the NPC with a "Shared Shop" so we can use it, for instance).

About the few bugs I found :
- You can still order your hero to move just before a cinematic happens and thus going fight an enemy or else.
- Dragula's inferno item's ability cooldown is not shown : put the "Summon inferno" skill on the top of the item ability list. Also, the infernals can destroy trees (on cast + with attacks) and I don't think it was made on purpose.
- Dragula's ultimate tooltip says "100 hp at lvl 1" on the "learn" panel, but "120 hp" on the command panel once he learns it.
- A ranged hero can easily kill the Bandit chief (the one with trees around his camp) by attacking him from behind the trees.

That's it. Good luck for improving that map.

Level 9
I just tested/finished it.

[+] The obelisk system is nice. It's a bit frustrating when you loose with less than 300 gold, but that's the game and that's fine ^^.
[+] The game is really non-linear.
[+] The forge system is fine, but I think Glen should be closer to the starting point so we have little chance to miss him (especially if you're willing to increase the number of crafts).
[+] The map is big and it takes hours to finish it with a single hero (and more if we want to complete all the side quests - which I didn't do ^^).
[+] There are really few bugs for a map so big.
[+] The hotkeys are convenient ; the quest panel is well-used (even if you should split the "game quests" and the "game informations").

[x] The story is not bad nor brilliant, but I found the NPC a bit caricatural. The hero has no kind of personality in the beginning of the game and finish in a "I have no fear, I'm the Chosen one"-way in the end. There could be changes in the dialogs depending on the class, too, but I conced it would be big work.
[x] The terrain is decent. Still a bit irritating too be unable too see anything in the woods.

[-] The spells, damnit. They are all but uniques. Warcraft III's spells are not bad by themselves but they are boring in a RPG map. That also applies to enemies, even if it's less unforgivable.
[-] There are some balancing issues. The Mage (Jaina's model) is quiet weak while the Archer and Vampire are fine (the Vampire is a bit overpowered but that's ok). I think there is a big difference between heroes that have invocations and the others... The enemies are sometimes imbalanced too (the first group of furbolgs is harder than the following / there is a kobold group really tougher than the other fights in that *don't remember its name* forest...). The items +6 damage are also way too costly for their power (1500 gold), and the spell books are far better items for early game than the other buyables. Also, I only got the Vampire's inferno caft, but it is either too powerfull or too easy to get.
[-] Can't skip the cinematics ^^.
[-] I don't like the use of commands, like "-forge" or "-500" when there are other choices. I suggest you to use abilities instead (you put an ability that does nothing on the NPC with a "Shared Shop" so we can use it, for instance).

About the few bugs I found :
- You can still order your hero to move just before a cinematic happens and thus going fight an enemy or else.
- Dragula's inferno item's ability cooldown is not shown : put the "Summon inferno" skill on the top of the item ability list. Also, the infernals can destroy trees (on cast + with attacks) and I don't think it was made on purpose.
- Dragula's ultimate tooltip says "100 hp at lvl 1" on the "learn" panel, but "120 hp" on the command panel once he learns it.
- A ranged hero can easily kill the Bandit chief (the one with trees around his camp) by attacking him from behind the trees.

That's it. Good luck for improving that map.

Thnx a lot for the feedback! I will fix/improve as soon as I have time! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 1
nice game . i like it 4/5. just could u give more hint about the riddle part with "greek name".. if google doesnt help i think ull have to be greek to know that xD.

and the monster mPampoulas.. can it be killed... i noticed that it heal as soon as u dmg it and i dont think u v seen any mob with dmg type good against that armor... can it be killed? i m pretty sure i have done all sub quest.

Level 9
nice game . i like it 4/5. just could u give more hint about the riddle part with "greek name".. if google doesnt help i think ull have to be greek to know that xD.

and the monster mPampoulas.. can it be killed... i noticed that it heal as soon as u dmg it and i dont think u v seen any mob with dmg type good against that armor... can it be killed? i m pretty sure i have done all sub quest.

Please don't post spoilers. I'll answer your questions with private message. :xxd:

Last edited:
  • Cinematic should be skip-able (ESC). Right now they are long as hell.
    Add some camera movement, and so on.
    Set camera 1 for 0 sec
    Set camera 2 for 50 sec
    Can improve effect a lot.
  • Terrain is really simple, somehow poor (for 22 MB map).
    Add more environment doodads, use custom resources.
  • Storage thing is bad as well, just create another hero set icon to some bag or something, remove shadow, model etc etc, and create trigger that will move it to hero location each 0.25 seconds. You can later unlock more of this storage thing and create anther one and so on and on...
  • Abilities are ok, but they can be better, Warlock 2nd spell has different learning/description tooltip, fix that. He's 3rd can improve ultimate as well, but I suggest for ultimate something more "dark like", or just mix infernal ability with some ward like unit summoned instead infernal that can reduce enemy unit armor as aura, increase hero damage, mana regen or whatever really, or maybe just add Immolation spell to hero and change it's stats and effects...
    Infernal burn neutral passive units :(
  • Quests are more or less ok, but you must create some way-points or something, walking over whole map over and over again just spend time for nothing.
    Use Quest items to increase quests quality even more.
  • Add more items, maybe create classes or types...
  • Music increase map size for nothing, you can replace it with blizzard one really.
  • Names are Japanese like, not big problem, but if you need ideas use some online name generators (just look for elves, and other Sci-Fi races).
  • Create more dynamic environment, peasants can play work animation somewhere, like working something, kids can have Wanderer ability to move here and there, and so on.
  • Map miss unique things.

That would be more or less all for now.
I'm to lazy to check code and shit, but in 1 word, standard blizzard like wc3 map with quality below average for this "late wc3 years".

Level 9
Cinematic should be skip-able (ESC). Right now they are long as hell.
Others have mentioned that too. I don't want to take out cinematics from my map. It's meant to be an RPG not a hack and slash. But I'll keep in mind to make cinematics shorter somehow in the next part of the story. Skipping Cinematics, I haven't decided yet.

Terrain is really simple, somehow poor (for 22 MB map).
Add more environment doodads, use custom resources.

I will look into it.

Storage thing is bad as well, just create another hero set icon to some bag or something, remove shadow, model etc etc, and create trigger that will move it to hero location each 0.25 seconds. You can later unlock more of this storage thing and create anther one and so on and on...

I will try to improve this.

Warlock 2nd spell has different learning/description tooltip, fix that. He's 3rd can improve ultimate as well

Tooltip is different but it's saying the same thing. One shows Damage ammount over time and the other shows Exact Damage every 2 Seconds. ;)
Strange that the 3rd improves Ultimate. I look it at Editor atm and it's not meant to be.

Quests are more or less ok, but you must create some way-points or something, walking over whole map over and over again just spend time for nothing.

Again, it's meant to be an RPG. Just having a fast teleport to every Quest Giver and just clicking Quests then Right Clicking mobs isn't fun.
I hope you noticed that you can teleport to the Obelisks of Souls. There are Obelisks to key places around the map so if you find them all moving around the map should be easy except from the occasional long walk that adds a 'realistic' touch to the map.

Add more items, maybe create classes or types...

I plan to add a lot in the next part. Item system, random drops, more crafts etc.

Music increase map size for nothing, you can replace it with blizzard one really.

Aaawww... I made the music. :(

Names are Japanese like, not big problem, but if you need ideas use some online name generators (just look for elves, and other Sci-Fi races).

[Hehe... the names are Greek. Regions are named after real towns and villages from my country, near where I live.

Create more dynamic environment, peasants can play work animation somewhere, like working something, kids can have Wanderer ability to move here and there, and so on.

Yeah I should look into it.

standard blizzard like wc3 map with quality below average for this "late wc3 years".

I don't get it. Why is the quality below average? No offense to any map-maker or you but I've seen worse RPGs with worse environments, story, dialogs etc... If it's because it's missing custom models and textures, I prefer to stay at this 'low' quality.
Also keep in mind that this map is at least 5 years old with some minor refreshing I made since summer.

All in all thnx for your feedback. I might not put all of the wisdom I gained in this map but will surely do in the next.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that this map is at least 5 years old with some minor refreshing I made since summer.
Exactly it's 5 years old :)
We now use high resolution textures to improve terrain and models quality, fast vjass scripts in background and so on.

I played your map for like 30 min, I usually quit after 5 :D
Don't feel offended I don't bother checking poor maps, not to mention suggesting something :)

I find great potential here, just focus on right things and it will be awesome.

Oh 1 more thing to suggest, instead displaying msg on the screen, you can create small leaderboard and change it's title, each 1 second to something like:
set TITLE_STRING_VARIABLE = "World Name |nLocation: " + udg_LOCATION_STRING_VARIABLE + " |nTime: " + udg_TIME_STRING_VARIABLE + " |n|nGame Progress: " + udg_GAME_PROGRESS_STRING_VARIABLE

where:
- udg_LOCATION_STRING_VARIABLE is string variable that you change each time when you enter different place.

- udg_TIME_STRING_VARIABLE is string variable that you change each second.
you need to code this thing using 3 different integers like this:
integer H, integer M, integer S
each 1 sec set S = S + 1
if S == 60 then
set S = 0, set M = M + 1
if M == 60 then
set M = 0, set H = H + 1
set udg_TIME_STRING_VARIABLE = Integer2String(H) + "h " + Integer2String(M) + "m " + Integer2String(S) + "s "

- udg_GAME_PROGRESS_STRING_VARIABLE can be some real or integer number that you increase each time you finish some quest, so if you have 50 quests, after each one increase this by 2, starting from 0 ending with 100.
set udg_GAME_PROGRESS_STRING_VARIABLE = Integer2String/Real2String( udg_THIS_NEW_INTEGER/REAL_VARIABLE )

Oh I have something more as well, add some random things, like when you kill unit there is small chance to get bonus exp or something like that ;)

Level 9
need help here , for some reason during my journey my arcane archer's 2nd skill magic missle arrow suddenly have no tool tip and it does nothing. Is this a bug?

I've seen it happen ONCE when testing the map.
I had no idea why that happened but never happened to me again.
Looks like game bug to me but maybe someone with knowledge on matters like this can help.

Last edited:
Level 2
hey there , i just downloaded and played for 30 min.

Quest giver conversations are really interesting, but needed to be skippable.(my opinion)
and lower the cost of regents. it hard to kill 2 enemy groups in row with starting money.
by the way, i selected Tiz-Lee.

ty very much.

Level 2
Really nice map! Although I like cinematics some are long so when you make next part, add an option to skip or view them.
I liked how you put many optional quests and some are rly fun!
Can't wait for the next! :)

Level 9
I added a special code that you recieve when you complete the map.
This code can be used in the second part of the story (more info here) to recieve a special bonus.
This is to reward all the old players for their support and feedback and to inspire new players to give this map a try. The special bonus will not be something gamebreaking, though, to respect new player's choise, to play this map or just proceed to the 2nd.

Last edited: