• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Helms Deep 2015 v1.6

----v1.6----

The Battle of Helms Deep 2015
Created by Hebert09

Map Info:

Welcome to Hebert09's version of Helms Deep. The battle is laid out and it is up to you to decide the fate of Middle Earth. Will Helms Deep fall to ruin?
Or will the peoples of Middle Earth unite once more?

232654-albums6828-picture101241.jpg

This map has been built from scratch along with the help and advice of others mentioned in the credits list. The ENTIRE fortress is built with 100% custom Doodads and Units. Most of the helms deep models were done by myself, trying to ensure that every last detail is displayed in this map. Features custom Mods, music, icons and much more from LOTR. Including all new banners and animations to give the map a realistic feel. Watch the deeping wall get blown to pieces then fight among the rubble! Uruk players have 30 minutes to try and break the gates to the women and children before Gandalf arrives. The defenses have to hold for that long for the defending players to win. Setting game to Siege Mode will enable an orc AI, please set the uruk players to computer if this is the intended game mode for the best game experience.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Helms Deep Front Gate and new large siege ladders (Walkable).

232654-albums6828-picture101352.jpg

Image Description:
A look at the Keep entrance.

232654-albums6828-picture101260.jpg

Image Description:
A look from the deeping wall.

232654-albums6828-picture100701.jpg

Image Description:
New drain and stairs on the Deeping Wall.

232654-albums6828-picture100706.jpg

Image Description:
A view of the whole map.

232654-albums6828-picture100702.jpg

For More Terrain Screenshots Visit: Helms Deep Terrain Pics

Image Description:
New kick down ladder function!

232654-albums6829-picture101646.jpg

Image Description:
Defending the new Side Entrance with Legolas.

232654-albums6829-picture100699.jpg

Image Description:
A breached front gate!

232654-albums6829-picture100696.jpg

Image Description:
In defence of the Keep!

232654-albums6829-picture100700.jpg

For More Gameplay Screenshots Visit: Helms Deep Gameplay Pics

Updates:

Version 1.0 - This update was a long time in process. Almost every aspect of the map got changed, from rivers to walls to custom Helms Deep Models that i have been working on for months now. I would write a full changelog but it would be really long. Gameplay changes have been made, new HQ soundtrack from Rohan and The Two Towers. New items are in the shops as well as the ability to train units with war medallions earned throughout the game. The deeping wall is almost 1 solid piece, with its proper bend and pathing. Stairs now line the walls just like the movie version. Cliff faces have replaced the old system to increase the mountain effect. Over 8 months of changes are in this update alone, and i really hope that you all enjoy it.

Version 1.1 - Changed an icon to make the map playable online and under the 8mb limit. Barely haha.

Version 1.2 - In this update i tried to bring Helms Deep to life. Adding new Rohan and Uruk banners, new explosion and bridge breaking animations, and a whole lot more. The Deeping Wall now explodes into pieces and you get to fight among the rubble! I went over each and every model to correct lighting and lag issues. Many textures have been fixed as well! A lot of work went into fixing bugs as well. Decided to limit the AI to 1 strong ram which continues to attack the gate even if you open the gate. Fixed a couple pathing issues, mostly in keep. Units got rebalanced and their colliders where adjusted. (raider and pike still low due to AI). Changing views got easier as there will be no more need for typing. Now you can select your View Changer and easily pick between the views. And for added quickness you can type v into the chat to select the view changer instantly! Triggers were also cleaned up a bit to help fps. I noticed after all the changes i made to the map the fps seemed to be running smoother. There's a bunch more that was changed but most wont be too noticeable. I really hope you all enjoy this update.

Version 1.3 - This update is a first attempt at optimizing the game and getting fps up. This means a little less uruks will be spawned at one time. The main problem was that crossbowmen, wargs, trolls, and banner carriers didnt have a spawn limit. This was fixed which will now give the map a steady flow of uruks instead of being overwhelmed. The fps seemed to go up as well. Couple other small changes were made to balance, less uruks=more points per kill. You now get 2 war medallions per kill. Other small tweaks and adjustments were made to the balance of the units as well.

Version 1.4 - Attempt Number 2 at optimizing the game. I remade the small ladder to look like a Uruk Ladder. A large siege tower which is walkable was also modeled for the game. No more large siege tower transports on the keep! Defend chockepoints on the ladders instead of units automatically moving onto your wall. With these i added invisible ramps the right size/shape/angle as the ladders to optimize the walkability on the ladders as well as make it so the units no longer fall through the gaps in the ladders. All the stairs were given these sample optimized invisible ramps to increase frames and make it so the units smoothly go up and down the stairs :) Changes were also made to some abilities, heroes max lvl is now 11 and every hero has the same number of abilities. With this came proper icon positioning for them. Uruks have been balanced and many other bugs/errors have been removed along with uneeded scripts/things in the game. Overall i feel performance is finally where it should be on this one. Other small tweaks and changes have been made as well but ill keep those a surprise.

Version 1.6 -
-Added second stand animations to all banners and front gate boards. They should no longer blow at the same time all the time.
-Changed the Gimli skin to more accurately portray Gimli.
-New Unit : Sindar Spearman. This unit has become the official tank of the elves. Has a passive ability that has a chance to deflect 15 incoming damage. Spearmen really help in making your Deeping Wall defence last longer.
-New icons for some abilities and corrected passive or active icons. Each icon should now display the correct button, being that the spell is passive or active.
-New hotkeys. QWER are now the default hotkeys for each heroes spells. Fixed some unit hotkeys and selection positions as well. Each spell will have its hotkey in (), for each tooltip.
-Improved Tooltips: Each tooltip is now color coded to begin with, Active/healing spells being in green, passive spells in light blue, and damaging spells will be displayed in red. Your max level spell will be displayed in Gold. Each tooltip has been fixed to give you more precise information and made easier to read by bolding what the spells do. A lot of errors got worked out of them as well to properly display accurate stats of the ability.
-First itteration of improving spells. Each hero should now have one spell which does a little more than wc3 default. For example, Gimli's throw axe will now leach 500 damage and squirt blood out of the hit opponent. Theoden's wrath slam will now reduce the armor of hit units by 30% etc. With this came some new special effects and imported aura's. The spells should look and feel different from before. Cooldowns have also been reduced slightly due to demand. A lot of balancing the spells and much more was done as well.
-Unit balancing: Uruks and heroes now have less health. Uruks should now spawn a bit faster, also some AI lanes where adjusted to even out gameplay and decrease lag in some spots. Damages have also been adjusted slightly along with ranges of the rohan units.
-Fixed costs of units and items in the keep.
-Fixed timer not starting at 30 mins.
-Many more changes on the back end went into this update that should make the game better than ever before. I really hope you all enjoy this update and keep the feedback coming. Thank you all.

Credits:

-All the beautiful Uruk-Hai, Gondorian Tower and Sindar Elf models are Credited To: Fingolfin
-Legolas/Haldir model Credited To: Pike
-Rohan Militia and Rohirrim Skins and buttons Credited To: CloudWolf
-Aragorn model Credited To: Shadow-Scythe-R
-Plate with Meat Model Credited To:!!GORO!!
-Front Gate Housing Model Credited To: Rondo
-Spearman model Credited To: Wandering Soul
-Barricade Model Credited To: AlienAtSystem
-Cave Troll model Credited To: [texture by Just_Spectating] karland90
-Keep Wall and Archway model Credited To: Misha
-Shop Model Credited To: Storm_PCF
-Tower Model Credited To: !!GORO!!
-Guardian Statue Model Credited To: Mc !
-Market Stand Model Credited To: Ribenamania
-Archway Model Credited To: olofmoleman
-Dark Elf Aura (the machwarden) Model and Button Credited To: Sellenisko
-Gamling (footman) Model Credited To: Levigeorge1617
-Footman Skin Credited To: antihero
-Dalaran Aura (SindarElf) Model Credited To: Sin'dorei3000
-Gimli Skin Credited To: Hueter
-Arrow model Credited To: Deolrin
-Leader of Men Aura (Blightwalker aura) Model Credited To: Mainy [War_Golum]
-Rohan Horse Banner Credited To: RickJacob @ rickjacob.deviantart.com
-Spear model Credited To: RusUndead
-King Theoden (king), Lightning, and Royal Stairs Model Credited To: Tranquil
-Hero Glow Model Credited To: assasin lord
-Copper Handled Sword model Credited To: eubz
-Encampment model Credited To: Kitabatake
-Mercenary Skin Credited To: Coinblin
-Battering Ram model Credited To: Mechanical Guy
-Gimlie's Axe (dwarvendoubleaxe) Button Credited To: ~Nightmare
-Legolas button Credited To: GhostThruster
-Theoden button Credited To: antihero
-Shield button Credited To: Kwah
-Uruk Raider (MagGrunt) button Credited To: FrIkY
-Uruk Pikeman/raider, Cave Troll, Draw Bows/Lorien Bows, Royal Armor, and Leather Armor button Credited To: NFWar
-Uruk Crossbowman and Multiple Shot button Credited To: Mr.Goblin
-Athelas and Horn button Credited To: palaslayer
-AxeSlam and Healing Touch (holybird) button Credited To: bigapple90
-Sindar Elv button Credited To: CreatorD3292
Leader of Men (holypower) Button Credited To: KelThuzad
-Spearman Icon Credited To: Lelling
-Multi-Shot button Credited To: Nugamentum
-Elven Eye button Credited To: 67chrome
-Words of Wisedome button Credited To: Praytic
-2nd Age Shield (NatureShield) Icon Credited To: Peekay
-King of Rohan button Credited To: KelThuzad
-King's Inspiration (holycall) button Credited To: Sin'dorei300
-Heir of Elendil (leadership) button Credited To: AbstractCreativity
-Captain of the Guard (royalcaptain) button Credited To: HappyTauren
-Throwing Axe Button Credited To: -Berz-
-Sindar Spearmean(BloodElf) Button Credited To: mc !
-Golden Crown button Credited To: Peekay
-Herugrim (godsword) button Credited To: PrinceofFame
-Ring of Barahir (reckoning) button Credited To: Gwen Stefani
-Royal Guard Armor (marinearmor) button Credited To: CRAZYRUSSIAN
-Evenstar (necklace) and Eye Medalion button Credited To: Static
-Galadriels Lock (elvenmaiden) button Credited To: Elenai
-Axe button Credited To: Blizzard Entertainment
-All other models, buttons, or skins created by me: Hebert09

Special Thanks to Wrathion for his contribution and help with the AI and triggers. Also to Fingolfin for his teachings along the way.

Models, Skins, and Icons Downloaded From: http://www.hiveworkshop.com

Author's notes:

A definite must try for any LOTR fan. A new and custom built Helms Deep featuring Siege Mode (Orc AI). Survive waves of relentless attacks by the Uruks until Gandalf arrives. Released 09/29/2015. Recently updated with a major update. Also available for host and download from MakeMeHost.com Enjoy :)

Thank you for your patience and being great fans!

Special Thanks to Mythic for his contribution and help with this map. I also want to send a special shout out to Fingolfin for all his hard work and hours put into the models on this map as well as excellent advice and teaching along the way. Without them NONE of this would have been possible.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
LOTR, AI, lord of the rings, helms deep, rohan, helms, deep, battle of helms deep, hebert09, uruk, hai, rohirrim, sindar, Siege Mode, 2014, 2015.
Contents

Helms Deep 2015 v1.6 (Map)

Reviews
22:18, 19th Nov 2013 Orcnet: Map reviewed by SeedingAethyr:

M

22:18, 19th Nov 2013
Orcnet: Map reviewed by SeedingAethyr:
SeedinAethyr;2417884 said:
Hello Hebert09, at your request, I am rechecking your map, and am also going to make a full review this time. First of all, your Hive description is much better than before, and you have credited all of the makers of resources you have used. You've used attractive BBCodes, and you also have a nice map preview. Screenshots would be nice, but they're not required and your description is acceptable as it is. (Side: Again, thank you a ton for being agreeable about improving your description and adding full credits.) Now, my feedback of your actual map. Your loading screen description is good and I liked how you implemented a beginning cinematic to show off the map to the players. However, the timer in the top right and the multiboard kinda... eh, dampened the quality of the cinematic. It would be much better if you could create those right after the cinematic. It's also a bit off-putting to the Uruk-hai players to see the timer ticking down as they watch a cinematic. Also, it says in your quests that the Uruk-hai only have thirty minutes to breach Helm's Deep, but the timer starts at forty-five minutes (but they lose a minute because of the cinematic). Now, I know that the field the Uruk-Hai marched over was a lot like yours (empty with a few rocks and stuff) so I'm not going to criticize the terrain too harshly, but you could have used a bit of tile variation, like maybe a few patches of rough dirt. I like how you have global rain, but I don't think the map is dark enough. I think you could add in a bit of global black fog, enough so that the players can see enough to play well, but so that they feel as if it's actually nighttime and there is a terrible rainstorm. I'll say that your mountains on the sides look really nice (a few rocks on the cliffs won't hurt though) and that Helm's Deep looks epic. However, a few more "random stuff on the ground" doodads within Helm's Deep might not hurt, such as a sword lying on the ground, or small pieces of rubble. Also, I rewatched the Helm's Deep battle scene, and I don't believe that you've included Uglúk, or the raise area that he stood on. Uglúk is the Captain of the Uruk-Hai. Another thing I'm going to point out now is that you said "Uruk-Hia" in many tooltips. I googled it just to be sure, and it is Uruk-Hai. The Pikeman's tooltip and the Raider's tooltip contains this error. The Crossbowman also has a faulty buy tooltip. All of rossbowman is highlighted in yellow (the C is not highlighted). Now, gameplay. I liked the massive range of the ranged units, and I liked how the Uruk-Hai could endlessly produce units and the defenders could not. I have not tested the balance yet, but from reading damages and abilities I believe that the game is relatively balanced. I really liked how the defenders could open and close the gates, and I liked how you had a multiboard with killcount. Makes me think of that contest between Legolas and Gimli: Who could kill the most orcs? Although your abilities are only modified blizzard spells, the custom icons make them much nicer. I liked how the orc players could blow open sections of the walls and also attach ladders to them. There is also a random spearthrower within the Player 6 units guarding the gate; I think he should belong to Player 6 and you forgot to switch him? I also have a question. Where is Theoden? Have you forgotten him, or left him out due to filesize reasons? The music and all the models and icons really show how much effort you put into making this map look good.
I think this map looks pretty good, and it's fun. The idea wasn't that original, but it was made from scratch and it was pulled off well.
Hebert, I give your map a
3/5

Level 5
Here is my review.

-Bad description
-No credits
Im gona play now and tell you more later.But since it is a beta and you have no credits then there are 2 strong reasons to get a rejection

Credits is when you say what you used (custom models,icons,skins,music...) and thank the creators who made them or just mention them at least.

Ok I just played it.I have my full review now.One thing is sure:This is his map , cause he might just took ideas from the older versions.

Nice things:
-Very good loading screen( from LOTRO :p)
-Very good opening(with saruman talking)
-Nice call using original Lotr models ( there is a skin for theoden and gimli but I don't remember the creator.Just look here at the skins section)
-Very nice terrain with the Keep and the deeping wall.

Bad things:
-You haven't mentioned credits... But I see you have used a lot Fingolfin's sindar elfs and uruks and Cloud wolf's skins with millitian and bandit rider
-Why no uruk heroes?
-Later game music is lame my friend.I don't want to hear the music of Frodo leaving Shire while im in Helms deep..... Frodo is the Black sheep of Lotr :p
-A great bug with elfs changing from bow to sword (it writes bear form......)( and I have to use it 3 times to swap............)
-Legolas isn't from Woodland Realm , he is from Wooden Realm and Haldir is from Lorien
-Gamling wasn't old at that battle.He was old 10 years later when Eomer become king....
-Spells have nothing creative or original.There are just the wrc spells with different names and decsreptions( some are half done too)

Suggestions:
-change the late game music please
-Mention those who have made the custom staff you used( credits )
-fix the spells and the ability of the elven archers swaping to swordsmen
-Fix legolas' name
-And Gamling's too
-And get the skins for Théoden and Gimli.

Overall I can give you a 3/5 but It's not the real rate cause you miss too much things.Im just good with the man who remade my Stronghold :p

Last edited:
Level 22
Read this:
General Resource Rules
Resources must be complete.
Works in progress, alpha and beta versions must be posted in the relevant forum, or the pastebin.
You must give credit where credit is due.
If you use material made by somebody else, you must give credit to them in the description. This includes material created by Blizzard if it comes from a different game than Warcraft 3.
You must have permission to use any material contained in your resource.

[highlight]REJECTED[/code]

Level 3
I am working on getting all of the credits for models, skins, and music on the quest menu in the game as well as in the WC3 editor and description. This was just a beta test release to see how the scaling of the units and balance will work out. My next version will not be a BETA and will include credits and bug fixes. I just needed some testers to see how the balance worked. Yes this is my brand new Helms Deep i made it completely from scratch. While a few ideas may have come from older versions it is mostly original.

Last edited:
Level 3
Oh and i tried multiple times to get the gimli skin to work but its a WC3 bug with the heromountainking texture. I opened WC3 viewer and tried every single path but none worked. Having a simular issue with theoden skin.

Level 3
I am the creator. i built this completely from scratch. I started this map a couple of weeks ago in hopes of getting back into WC3. Started with nothing. I did take some traditional IDEAS from other maps but tried to keep it original. The terrain and triggers are mine but not the models skins or icons, i am giving credit to EVERYONE on this one. credit list will be long but complete.

Last edited:
Add as attachment?

No. You can create a link to the pastebin. Then you can take the map URL and put it in the image -

and use it as a Link. Click it to see how I did it.

But if this map is playable and fun, there is no reason you can't have it here. I have not tested it but if its nearly done except for balance I don't see why its not ready for release. Sometimes if you present a map, like its not a final version and say you want testers then you get guff for it. If the users above have tested it and think its not ready then I would take their word for it. They are all respected members and are telling you the truth.

Oh ya, ADD Screenshot!!!!!!

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hello Hebert09, at your request, I am rechecking your map, and am also going to make a full review this time. First of all, your Hive description is much better than before, and you have credited all of the makers of resources you have used. You've used attractive BBCodes, and you also have a nice map preview. Screenshots would be nice, but they're not required and your description is acceptable as it is. (Side: Again, thank you a ton for being agreeable about improving your description and adding full credits.) Now, my feedback of your actual map. Your loading screen description is good and I liked how you implemented a beginning cinematic to show off the map to the players. However, the timer in the top right and the multiboard kinda... eh, dampened the quality of the cinematic. It would be much better if you could create those right after the cinematic. It's also a bit off-putting to the Uruk-hai players to see the timer ticking down as they watch a cinematic. Also, it says in your quests that the Uruk-hai only have thirty minutes to breach Helm's Deep, but the timer starts at forty-five minutes (but they lose a minute because of the cinematic). Now, I know that the field the Uruk-Hai marched over was a lot like yours (empty with a few rocks and stuff) so I'm not going to criticize the terrain too harshly, but you could have used a bit of tile variation, like maybe a few patches of rough dirt. I like how you have global rain, but I don't think the map is dark enough. I think you could add in a bit of global black fog, enough so that the players can see enough to play well, but so that they feel as if it's actually nighttime and there is a terrible rainstorm. I'll say that your mountains on the sides look really nice (a few rocks on the cliffs won't hurt though) and that Helm's Deep looks epic. However, a few more "random stuff on the ground" doodads within Helm's Deep might not hurt, such as a sword lying on the ground, or small pieces of rubble. Also, I rewatched the Helm's Deep battle scene, and I don't believe that you've included Uglúk, or the raise area that he stood on. Uglúk is the Captain of the Uruk-Hai. Another thing I'm going to point out now is that you said "Uruk-Hia" in many tooltips. I googled it just to be sure, and it is Uruk-Hai. The Pikeman's tooltip and the Raider's tooltip contains this error. The Crossbowman also has a faulty buy tooltip. All of rossbowman is highlighted in yellow (the C is not highlighted). Now, gameplay. I liked the massive range of the ranged units, and I liked how the Uruk-Hai could endlessly produce units and the defenders could not. I have not tested the balance yet, but from reading damages and abilities I believe that the game is relatively balanced. I really liked how the defenders could open and close the gates, and I liked how you had a multiboard with killcount. Makes me think of that contest between Legolas and Gimli: Who could kill the most orcs? Although your abilities are only modified blizzard spells, the custom icons make them much nicer. I liked how the orc players could blow open sections of the walls and also attach ladders to them. There is also a random spearthrower within the Player 6 units guarding the gate; I think he should belong to Player 6 and you forgot to switch him? I also have a question. Where is Theoden? Have you forgotten him, or left him out due to filesize reasons? The music and all the models and icons really show how much effort you put into making this map look good.
I think this map looks pretty good, and it's fun. The idea wasn't that original, but it was made from scratch and it was pulled off well.
Hebert, I give your map a
3/5

Level 3
I appreciate the time you took to review my map Thank you. I will continue too work on adding more doodads and touching up some areas. Those are great ideas that will make the map look and play better. Also cleaning up descriptions and other small errors. Also, i am starting on the Uruk heros now, Ugluk and his captains. Was thinking off adding Ugluk as a raider and the others as one pikeman, one crossbowman, and one troll. These along with a lot of other updates to come in version 2.0.0.One thing, i am having problems with the Gimli and Theoden skins post update. The gimli one doesnt work at all and the Theoden one makes an invisible unit with the hero aura. Iv tried and tried again but cant get them to work :(

-Gamling wasn't old at that battle.He was old 10 years later when Eomer become king....

As a swede, i can totally understand if anyone would think of Gamling as old, since his name literally means "old man" in Swedish. Not assuming the author speaks swedish - just some trivia. ;)

Alright, some feedback on the map:

*Why are the swordsmen and pikemen virtually the same unit? The only difference i can tell is that pikemen have 50 more hp and a tiny bit more damage. You should instead learn to use damage tables to, for instance, make the pikemen do a lot more damage against cavalry (you can find damage tables under advanced>gameplay constants). Also, i suggest making pikemen perhaps a bit slower, with slower attack speed, but longer range and more damage. Swordsmen should be a dps unit.

*I also think that the uruks die too easily. I dunno, maybe this is just the way these kind of maps work, but it makes it feel like a spamfest to me. There are other ways to balance it so that the defenders have a standing chance. You should also add a tool for commanding large groups at once - this is not very hard to trigger, you can check out Vuormalainens helms deep map for inspiration.

*Terrain just looks.. bad. I suggest you check out B2Ms high res pack and extract the wall models from there, it will make it look much better. Use walkable destructables and pathing blockers to make units be able to stand on them. Then check out the miscdata.txt hack to raise your terrain sharply instead of using cliffs. Also check the skins section for some new ground tiles.

*The ladder system is too limited and bugged. Try to find/make a better one that lets you place your ladders anywhere.

Now, for the pros, i think you did a nice job adding cinematics and sounds! Sure, the camera is a bit dodgy, but cinematics just add sooo much to the polished feel of a map.

Level 3
Good suggestion Fin ill get right to it. This is my first created map so im still learning. I understand almost everything you said and they are good ideas. I will update the Uruks, make the cinematics have more depth, Double the amount of spots to use ladders (have already fixed the bug) and update the terrain. I do not know what you mean by "Use walkable destructables and pathing blockers to make units be able to stand on them."

Level 3
:thumbs_up: I got it and lemme say the deeping wall is. WOW so much better. Heres a little sneak peak of everything im working on. Player 1 Red has a torch bearer at start is you want to check out the new deeping wall cinematic. Units have also been balanced and now each unit has a purpose thanks to fins suggestion :)

Attachments

• Helms Deep v2.0.0.w3x
    7.9 MB · Views: 81
Level 3
Hey thanks for the feedback i will be working on getting some screenshots up soon. Adding a Uruk banner carrier that cost 10 lumber but gives uruks around him a damage and attack speed boost. Also added nice wooden towers and some multishot abilities. I am not the best at AI but will try and figure one out before the next release.

Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Helms Deep v2.1.1
Map Author: Hebert09

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

I dont see maps such as this that is well-made and especially it is LOTR. You really putted all the possible models that fits each other and you stayed original with how LOTR works.

Score: 70/100

Presentation

Map has a decent description though it could use some screenshots for it is needed on a map not actually needed but most of the time, users seeks for it. Also, it would be better if you put the Credit List into a Hidden BB Code tag to make it short and simple also to give spaces for more possible additions at descriptions. You could also experiement more with BB Codes and create your own template for example to stay original and at the same time creative dont you think?

Score: 57/100

Design

Minimap Preview Image and Loading Screen fits and is nicely done. Tool tips are well-done though you could have used some more formalities like adding more infos into it and going beyond on how Warcraft gives its description which is just pretty simply that they do wall of texts. Quest Menu is very informative of the game.

No green icons when I played but if I see one, I'll possible state it in some updates.

Score: 83/100

Terrain

Terrain looks decent, it could use some more detailing most of all the Castlegrounds, you could have putted some Training Dummies and some Campfires for the camps. Also don't spam too much the Camps instead put them wisely. The whole field in-game is empty, I do know that is how Plains looks like but it could use some detailings to better make it unique from most of people's perspective of what a Plain is.

Score: 62/100

Object Data

Everything looks fine though I dont like how unit models somehow clashed in this one. Some looks warcraft-ish, some partially edited and some completly HQ like the Uruks and Sindar. If you could find some models to change those Warcraft-ish to fitting one it would be better.

Score: 90/100

Gameplay

Gameplay is not that unique and other Defenses has this but I like how you putted some custom musics that best fits the game and also some custom units with custom model to best explain them. Though that's the only thing that I can see unique from this. You could have added more.

Score: 52/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Suggestions were stated at Review.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 69.000/100
3/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 2
3/5

-Rohan heroes are WAY too strong, especially Aragorn (100% cleave wtf?)
-Rohan can -open[any]gate and then -close[any]gate to full heal it
-Rain causes a lot of lag. Remove it or tone it down A LOT

Level 3
Ok so a quick update. Finally fixed the bugs with the gates. Using reals and different triggers it has been fixed to work accurately every time. Added Warg Riders to give more diversity among the Uruks. Changed the music completely to give it an epic Two Towers feel. Cinematics have been improved as well. And the Big one everyone has been suggesting, an AI is NEAR COMPLETION! In the testing and balancing stages now but i must say with the all new Siege Mode selectable by game host at the start of the map makes this helms deep different and unique. Normal mode will still be available to the players as well. Hoping to have a release in the next couple of days so stay tuned and Thank You all!

Last edited:
Level 5
It looks good from the screenshot, checking the map now :)

Just played the map, and... good, if I could say.
Some suggestion:
-Make the city entrance invulnerable, and then vulnerable after killing Rohan.
-Somehow the archer cannot attack the torch bringer. <--- This is not suggestion, of course.

This is all I can give for now.

Last edited:
I really, really like your progress on this!! I haven't tried out the latest version, but from the most recent screens, terrain looks MUCH better than it did at the start (and i'm not just saying this because you're using my models, lol). AI for orcs also sounds great, it is a pretty simple thing to add in a map like this, but most mapmakers seem to skip it.

Good work and keep it up!