• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bombers Controller

Snake4Y5H Presents

Bomber Controller

Created by Snake4Y5H

227028-albums7401-picture85211.jpg

Map Info:

This is a Mini-Game map. In the map, you are a Controller Carriers. Control your bombs to bomb enemies into meat sauce! and you have to dodge enemies' bomb to avoid not be bombed. And you have some useful skills to kill your enemies. Creating powder kegs and automatic bomb silos. It will make things difficult for the enemy to a great extent. In summary, you only have one mission objective -------- Bombing enemies into dregs!

Features:

Due to this is a Mini-Game map, the game time of one round is very short. So you can play this map with your friends at any free time.
While this is a Mini-Game map, in sometimes the combat will be very fierce and exciting. Your eyeballs will stare at the screen all the time, and hit the mouse and keyboard fastly to kill enemies and dodge enemies' bomb.
The gameplay of this map is very easy, nevertheless, you will feel more excited than many Big and Complex RPG maps.

• [a.] Short time gameplay.
    [b.] Exciting and fierce.

I really don't know how can I make it, just by my sense of mapping XD

Some else stuff about map:

Beautiful special effects by the talent models' authors in Hive and proper sounds-using.

NOTES: This map hasn't AI, play it with your friends.

Screenshots and Videos:

Terrain preview:

Simple terrian, but I modify and test it many times for make it marges into game system perfectly.

227028-albums7401-picture85218.jpg

Tips:

The texts in the gameplay screemshots is Chinese because of the man who test this map with me is Chinese, but the map on the Hive is English, so take it easy, just enjoy it. :p

227028-albums7401-picture85212.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85213.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85214.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85215.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85217.jpg

227028-albums7401-picture85216.jpg

Change Log:

This is the first version of this map. The map has been tested and modified many times. I make it carefully, but there are some BUGS I haven't fixed. So I will fix it in next version.

BUGS existed:1.The Bomb Bouncing function is not perfect. My purpose is the Bomb Bouncing is specular reflection. I'm studying how to make it :p .
2.Minimal possible, the bomb disappeared on the map when it touch the enemies without explode. 3.When the unit "automatic bomb silo" dead, it will remains a long-time stay effect, like tiny Flame- -||, I'm finding another effect to replace it.

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • The Hive Workshop, The WOW8(a Chinese WE forum)

Models:

• [1.] The explosions models is made by WILL THE ALMIGHTY ,thanks to his awsome effects models!!!><
    [2.] The model of unit "automatic bomb silo" is made by olofmoleman .
    Icons:

• [1.] The icons of skills "Turn Left" and "Turn Right" are shared by a WOW8's WE user.
    [2.] The icons of unit "automatic bomb silo" is made by olofmoleman
    Tutorials/Systems:

• [1.] The danmu(I can't translate it into English XD) System is made by a Chinese mapper : "F2 ex"
    [2.] The library "TerrainPathability" is made by Rising_Dusk
    Other:

• [1.] The background music is my friend's sharing. I don't know what it come form on earth. I'm trying to consult my friend now XD.
    [2.]another resources and systems all made by me-w-

Author's notes:

I'm a Chinese mapper. I tried my best to translate this map into english. and use some translate tools. May some grammar errors existed and Chinglish using =_,=||| , I'm really sorry XD. My friend told me that use "Powder Keg" to replace "Fireworks Barrels" is more better. But I can't find any differences between them, so I use "Fireworks Barrels" in this map. If you have some suggestions with my translation, you can give some advices in comments for me, Thanks a lot =w =. Your suggestions is my power of progress! XD

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Mini-game, Bomb, Controller
Contents

Bombers Controller (Map)

Reviews
16:29, 19th Jul 2014 Orcnet: I remembered a similar map during the booming years of warcraft 3 modding where a map is made with missiles and explosions as gameplay, I guess this is the branch out of such idea and adding it once more into the...

M

16:29, 19th Jul 2014
Orcnet:
[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

I remembered a similar map during the booming years of warcraft 3 modding where a map is made with missiles and explosions as gameplay, I guess this is the branch out of such idea and adding it once more into the modding era is quite an addition.

SFX can be a little flashy when it comes to full house or all 4 players in, I would suggest if you can lessen the explosive sfx and give the rifeman an attack animation after activating a spell or so. The missiles are a bit long lasting I suppose it would be nice if it can only last a few seconds rather than a permanent flow, it can lead to lag during online play or LAN.

Terrain seems plain, it would be nice if you rather choose a dirt variation as well giving it a battle ground atmosphere for the map's design.

In total, can be acceptable and quite fun with players as well.

Level 32
Official THW Review

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 1
RATINGS
Bombers Controller (no version displayed)

Gameplay: 10/20
Terrain: 5/10
Scenery: 4/10
Consistency: 3/5
Presentation: 4/5
Total Score: 26/50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
FEEDBACK
Gameplay: First off, the gameplay isn't good or bad. It's okay.

Most of the map you are aiming your soldier to fire at enemies based on where the character is facing. Not many maps do this. The gameplay isn't too special, but adding bouncing missiles made the map a little more original than most maps I review. Those features help add to how fun it is. Dodging missiles while also aiming your missiles is fun but challenging.

The biggest problem with the gameplay for me are the hotkeys. They are all on the left side of a standard keyboard (I don't know if you guys have different keyboards in China, sorry about this) but they are all scattered. I would prefer a
QWER and most add in FTG if there is more than 4. I spend a lot of time trying to memorize and get used to it, which wasted time from the fighting. The other abilities such as turn missiles right or left are quite hard to execute. I've never gotten a direct hit from trying it. It can stay, but I doubt many are going to use it.

Another thing. Even though you spawn with a divine shield, the enemy player can easily follow you and shoot right after it wears off. Maybe a speed boost to go along with it to get away. There is also a camp spot, I'll mention it in the terrain section.

10/20

Terrain: The terrain of the map is not plain, so you get an average for that. You do put a few random tiles here and there, I don't know why. It would be better if you kept it a little more consistent.

As for the layout. It actually works, you fight everywhere. I never fought in the south, don't know why. For my tastes, I would like more of the map to be like the right side and the middle staying like that. With walls acting as barriers and you move around them. It's basically a formula in many games for whoever controls the middle controls much of the map. But you don't have to be like them :p

The outer "rim" of the wall isn't a good idea though. You can camp in the corner with a bunch of those machines and keep killing. I would just close it off. If you want to keep it, I suggest you make it wider and add more ramps leading to it.

Are you sure you would like to show where the spawn is by putting grass all over it? It would be better to take the grass out and have them spawn at a random place.

5/10

Scenery: I'm not really diggin your choice of doodads. Trees on man made stone tiles don't fit. Trees should be on dirt and grass. I also would like to see better use of barricades and barrels. Not just blocking off an entrance and keeping them in a corner.

For decorations in cityscape arena maps, doodads like the knight statue, pillars, benches, pottery, fountains, archways, and others make the maps scenery stand out more.

4/10

Consistency: All the icons have descriptions, all show what hotkeys to use for them.

No major bugs to be found. There are
3 non-gameplay changing bugs that I have noticed though. After the auto missile turret (sorry forgot what it's called) is destroyed, it leaves a fire like mark behind and it doesn't go away. The other bug is just that some missiles just get stuck in corners and edges. One more, when I won, it said I was disintegrated into meat sauce. While my brother got a victory. I think you might want to switch that around.

(EDIT: I just noticed that you said you were working on fixing the bugs.)

3/5

Presentation: Map description is very informative and organized. Only thing missing from it is to state if the map is protected, unprotected and need permission, or open source.

4/5

PART 3
VERDICT
For the map to be put out for public, it must follow the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/, the only thing you haven't done so this map can be approved is to state if it protected, unprotected (open source/need permission). Quality is definitely good enough. Fix that and this will be out of pending!

SCORE: 2.6/5.0

COMMENTS: I wasn't checking the grammar and spelling mistakes. There aren't any rules against and I don't mind. For the other name for the barrel, fireworks doesn't make sense in English. Fireworks are usually for celebration. I would say explosive barrel or barrel mine. The map can easily fit 6 players, I don't think that would hurt. Make sure to post or contact me when you fix some things so I can update the rating! (+2) Reputation for uploading and your hard work! (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/reputation-faq-94520/)
-SCN

Last edited: