• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Fight - Mannoroth

Reactions: deepstrasz
Boss Fight - Mannoroth

About

This map takes place in the ending cinematic of the orcish campaign (RoC), where Grom has to fight Mannoroth.

Difficulties
Easy
* +25% Handicap for Grom
* -25% Handicap for Mannoroth
* Mannoroth is at level 5

Normal
* 100% Handicap for both Grom and Mannoroth
* Mannoroth is at level 10

Hard
* -25% Handicap for Grom
* +25% Handicap for Mannoroth
* Mannoroth is at level 15

Mannoroth

Mannoroth has the Rain of Fire, Howl of Terror and Cleaving Attack on all difficulties, of course, the level for each ability depends on the difficulty you're playing at. On Easy, he doesn't have the Inferno ability, and all abilities are at low levels, on Normal, he has all his abilities at level 3 and has the Inferno ability, on Hard he has all abilities at their (almost) highest levels! His handicap also is dependable on difficulty. But he always carries a Killmaim, a Demonic Figurine, a pair of Claws of Attack (+15), an Orb of Frost, a Ring of Protection (+5) and a Serathil.

Grom

You play as Grom, you automatically have a Level 6 Wind Walk, a Level 6 Mirror Image, a Level 6 Critical Strike and a Level 2 Bladestorm. Your handicap is also dependable on difficulty.

Thrall

Thrall just stays knocked down...nothing else.

Tips

- Try to preserve mana to cast Mirror Image and Wind Walk, you'll need them.
- When you firstly cast Mirror Imagine, Mannoroth will summon his pets, the Doom Guard and the Infernal. Of course, if you're playing on Easy, you'll only encounter a Doom Guard.
- Try not to get hit too many times by Mannoroth, he carries a Killmaim, which allows him to steal your health.
- Kill the Doom Guard and (if there is) the Infernal first. while Mannoroth is busy dispatching your Mirror Images.
- Bladestorm won't do much on Mannoroth, use it on the Doom Guard instead.
- Don't try Hard if you're having troubles on Normal. Seriously.

Other

Please take note that this is a very, but VERY short map. It takes around a minute and 30 seconds to beat it on Normal difficulty.

WC3ScrnShot_061710_153519_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061710_153531_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061610_230310_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061610_230247_01.jpg

v1.0 - Released.
v1.3 - File size reduced, a new line for Grom added and changed the force name.
v1.6 - Changed Mannoroth's armor to Hero, the music starts before Mannoroth's line and added some boundary to terrain that can't be accessed.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Keywords:
Mannoroth, Grom, Boss, Boss Fight, Orc Campaign
Contents

Boss Fight - Mannoroth (Map)

Reviews
20:52, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 6
No no no. Nice idea for a part 1. In fact, I will just bullet things out.

• This is way too expensive in terms of memory. You have nine megabytes worth of mp3's for this game. Why do you need that much music for a 30 second map? Almost no maps get this big at all. Dota is less than a forth this size.

• Going past the memory weight, this game is very short. It is an interesting idea to redo a boss battle from a cinematic, but do more than one on a map. Make up some boss battles too if you like. i.e. "Hmm, what would happen if Arthas and Jaina were to have an epic showdown involving massive explosions and witty banter?" If this game had 10 or more battles in increasing order of difficulty, it would be more worth playing.

• The next problem is that your moves are stale. We have all (mostly) played the campaign; we know what Critical Strike looks like. If you add some new spells (search the spell section for ideas) or redo old ones rather than just level-filling, it adds interest to the game. Also, your Bladestorm lvl 2 is underpowered.

• Spice it up. Random events! New models! Distractions! Don't let the player get comfortable.

• The good news is that your few triggers look solid. It may be wise to move the Mannoroth transmission to a scripted event after the dialogue box has been selected. Either that or use "game time equals" rather than "wait 2.00 seconds" for the transmission.
I like the way you think. I also like that you included a credits box in the quest menu, even if it's just for you and your tester. Make me a better map and I'll be sure to give it a fair rating.

Level 8
Okay, I'm going to use Power of the Horde/Credits then for music so it'll have a smaller size. And alright, I'll do more boss fights.

Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll lurk a bit here and find some custom spells and events/new models/distractions :grin: But what do you mean by distractions? :cconf:

Thank you for the colorful review. :cute:

9.22 MB wOOt?

Add Screenshots pls!

Replace Difficulties with Simple, Cool and Better way:
Difficulties:
Easy
* +25% Handicap for Grom

Normal
Hard
* -25% Handicap for Grom

Level 4
The word "Mannoroth" suckered me into this map, whatever im going to give this a download because of the seemingly good review

Level 12
I really likes your map. Maybe you could add a two version? One being Mannoroth and the other being Grom Hellscream.

Add Another Thing... (HitchHiker's guide) Maybe you could also add different Models? I'm just saying man. But overall, I think your map is pretteh fine! 4/5

Level 8
9.22 MB wOOt?

Add Screenshots pls!

Replace Difficulties with Simple, Cool and Better way:
Difficulties:
Easy
* +25% Handicap for Grom

Normal
Hard
* -25% Handicap for Grom

Okay, added screenshots and changed description :D

I really likes your map. Maybe you could add a two version? One being Mannoroth and the other being Grom Hellscream.

Add Another Thing... (HitchHiker's guide) Maybe you could also add different Models? I'm just saying man. But overall, I think your map is pretteh fine! 4/5

Thank you :grin: I'll make it a 2P map sometime :)

The word "Mannoroth" suckered me into this map, whatever im going to give this a download because of the seemingly good review

Thanks, I hope you enjoy :wink:

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.