• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infernal Fountains 2.0.1

Matthew Meyer Presents

Infernal Fountains 2.0.1
Created by Matthew Meyer

Map Info:

Powerful demonic Eredar Warlocks created the Infernal Fountains as a retreat from destroying worlds and corrupting souls. Challenge these foes and conquer the Infernal Fountains for the Gods and Goddesses.

Features:

The map is centered around the demonic fountains where demons go to rest and recharge their corrupt souls. The central fountains have gold rich gold mines very worth exploiting.

Some else stuff about map:

I was inspired by the Warcraft 3 map Wizard's Retreat when conceptualizing this map. I wanted to create a retreat for demons!

Screenshots:

Image Description:
A Human player base.

infernal-fountains-1-png.460530

Image Description:
An Orc player base.

infernal-fountains-3-png.460532

Image Description:
An Undead player base.

infernal-fountains-2-png.460531

Image Description:
A Night Elf base.

infernal-fountains-4-png.460533

Image Description:
The central fountain.

infernal-fountains-5-png.460534

Image Description:
A Eredar Warlock camp at a Mana Fountain.

infernal-fountains-7-png.460536

Image Description:
A Nether Dragon Roost.

infernal-fountains-9-png.460538

Change Log:

Added:
  • General Experimentation

Added:
  • Custom Units
  • Custom Heroes

Added:
  • Custom units, heroes, abilities, upgrades, and races added.

Added:
  • New Burning Legion race and custom unit stat adjustments.

Added:
  • New Custom Units and Heroes

Added:
  • Map returned from altered melee to melee for better game balance.
  • New gold mines, neutral passive buildings, and creeps added.
  • New gold mine amounts.

Author's notes:

Good luck! Have fun!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Infernal, Fountains, Dragon, Knight, Human, Obsidian, Guard.
Contents

Infernal Fountains 2.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
23:08, 15th Nov 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: Map set to await update/needs fix, see my short review in a post below. 10th Dec 2014 Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Infernal Fountains by Mattnj REVIEW Infernal Fountains is an altered melee map which...

M

23:08, 15th Nov 2014
StoPCampinGn00b: Map set to await update/needs fix, see my short review in a post below.

10th Dec 2014

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Infernal Fountains
by Mattnj
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Infernal Fountains is an altered melee map which players must choose from the four default races but with a custom hero, multiple custom units, and their upgrades added on to each respective race. It fully functions as a resource heavy and item drop generous melee map, but it even without the races, the map would not be recommended for competitive melee play. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
The map heavily favors "basing" up, as it was designed for a great amount of resources to be put in starting areas. There is a shortage of lumber in the first starting area, but expanding should do the trick. The map isn't mirrored through 1/4ths of all of the map, but it is however, symmetrically balanced with resources, pathways, passive buildings in same distance of starting. Creep camps, especially higher ones, give away much higher leveled items then what blizzard melee maps do, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The races itself aren't too special, but players may just be satisfied enough to have a few extra abilities and stats from customized units to be added on to their default races. I did not test in the least if they are balanced stat wise, but, I do know each race has a working techtree and profound tool-tips for units and upgrades.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement were sub-par enough for me to deem it as acceptable. It's jagged in some areas, but it isn't too empty.
Miscellaneous:
The description of your map could be a bit more informative.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

[COLOR=white

Map Making Related

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

] How can I get my map approved? Learn here.
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

Forum Related[/COLOR]]How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

[/COLOR]
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

You used "Noise" tool way, way too much. You should fix that.

In the description, there are many fields with "xxxxx". I suggest the Credits section be removed (since you did not seem to use Imported Material), and have the Special Thanks thank people who helped creating the map, if any.

The changelog too, it features many versions that contain the same. I suggest they be edited out.

Level 11
In the description, there are many fields with "xxxxx". I suggest the Credits section be removed (since you did not seem to use Imported Material), and have the Special Thanks thank people who helped creating the map, if any.

The changelog too, it features many versions that contain the same. I suggest they be edited out.

All edited out.

Level 32
This map does need improvements. I will not reject this, but I ask for you to improve it. Map set to await update / needs fix.

Okay, there are three major problems with this map.

1. This doesn't make sense for new comers. Your descriptions of buildings don't match the units produced at all. Naga barracks show orc description, everything when playing orc + the custom races show orc descriptions. Adding on to that, you must have a quest log. It can be made via GUI.
2. The custom content is poorly made. Coatle costs 2 food and have around 50 DMG? That is extremely OP. Some units have abilities, some don't. When you said you choose your own race, you didn't execute the right way. Making orc have 3 builders for different races causes many problems, such as having a huge set of units and heroes. Having a huge set of units and heroes causes you to have so much more things to counter the enemy.
3. The map isn't suitable in regular melee in the first place. There should be a variety of creeps, green, orange, and red. They should drop reasonable items for there levels. Green camps are usually never guarding gold mines, orange are, and red camps are usually very few on maps.

Good points
1. You have the symmetry down. The map is balanced layout wise with a nice set of passive buildings.
2. The terrain is acceptable, it's slightly below average.

Sorry for the long wait for a moderator comment, no one is active except me (and I'm the new moderator). What I suggest is that you find altered melee tutorials or ask Wa666r and Ujimasa Hojo for guidance. They have a lot of approved altered melee maps, 3-5 stars.

Level 11
This map does need improvements. I will not reject this, but I ask for you to improve it. Map set to await update / needs fix.

Okay, there are three major problems with this map.

1. This doesn't make sense for new comers. Your descriptions of buildings don't match the units produced at all. Naga barracks show orc description, everything when playing orc + the custom races show orc descriptions. Adding on to that, you must have a quest log. It can be made via GUI.
2. The custom content is poorly made. Coatle costs 2 food and have around 50 DMG? That is extremely OP. Some units have abilities, some don't. When you said you choose your own race, you didn't execute the right way. Making orc have 3 builders for different races causes many problems, such as having a huge set of units and heroes. Having a huge set of units and heroes causes you to have so much more things to counter the enemy.
3. The map isn't suitable in regular melee in the first place. There should be a variety of creeps, green, orange, and red. They should drop reasonable items for there levels. Green camps are usually never guarding gold mines, orange are, and red camps are usually very few on maps.

Good points
1. You have the symmetry down. The map is balanced layout wise with a nice set of passive buildings.
2. The terrain is acceptable, it's slightly below average.

Sorry for the long wait for a moderator comment, no one is active except me (and I'm the new moderator). What I suggest is that you find altered melee tutorials or ask Wa666r and Ujimasa Hojo for guidance. They have a lot of approved altered melee maps, 3-5 stars.

I will resolve these problems but it will take quite some time. Thanks.

Level 32
short review!

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Infernal Fountains
by Mattnj
navbits_start.gif
REVIEW
Infernal Fountains is an altered melee map which players must choose from the four default races but with a custom hero, multiple custom units, and their upgrades added on to each respective race. It fully functions as a resource heavy and item drop generous melee map, but it even without the races, the map would not be recommended for competitive melee play. See below for a more detailed explanation regarding the map's quality.
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay:
The map heavily favors "basing" up, as it was designed for a great amount of resources to be put in starting areas. There is a shortage of lumber in the first starting area, but expanding should do the trick. The map isn't mirrored through 1/4ths of all of the map, but it is however, symmetrically balanced with resources, pathways, passive buildings in same distance of starting. Creep camps, especially higher ones, give away much higher leveled items then what blizzard melee maps do, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The races itself aren't too special, but players may just be satisfied enough to have a few extra abilities and stats from customized units to be added on to their default races. I did not test in the least if they are balanced stat wise, but, I do know each race has a working techtree and profound tool-tips for units and upgrades.
Visuals:
The terrain and doodad placement were sub-par enough for me to deem it as acceptable. It's jagged in some areas, but it isn't too empty.
Miscellaneous:
The description of your map could be a bit more informative.
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
Map approved with a 3/5 rating.
navbits_start.gif
FAQ

Map Making Related

Forum Related

How can I get my map approved? Learn here.
Where can I get world editor assistance and find tutorials? Here.

How do I navigate the Hive Workshop? Learn here.
What does reputation mean at the bottom of my profile? Learn here.
Where can I discuss a problem only with the staff and/or higher administrators? Here.

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited: