• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Archers 075b

Archer arena style map that uses specific arrow shooting system with arc.

Updates (14.8.2014):
- created new names for teams
- reworked purchasable items
- flag protect base with some ranged damage (can be avoided)
- updated tooltips
- game set the max kills without host help based on number of players playing
- updated terrain
and more

Please help me with improving of this map. Write post, comment or send suggestion to email: [email protected] Thanks!

Keywords:
archers, order, magical, magic, bow, arrow, special, wars, battle, fight, map, shot, shotting, FPS
Contents

Ashenvale Archers 075b (Map)

Reviews
04:49, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 15
I would like to hide my previous review,as it was too old. Map has been ongoing development for quite some time now, so i think the review doesn't represent the map anymore. Someone else should make a review for the current version of the map.

I also changed my rating to 3/5.
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A classic battle between archers.You control an archer and you focus on killing enemy team's archers.You can only attack with spells.

[+]Your map file size is small that's good when hosting a new map on Bnet.
[+]Your idea was creative and by the way, maps featuring battles between arches are my favourite!
[+]Your main shoot spell was working fine.But some special effects wouldn't hurt.
[+]Map was protected so i couldn't look at your triggers but i didn't experience any fatal errors.
[-]Your terrain was too simple.You certainly have to add a few trees and doodads.I think you also increase map size.
[-]You need to improve your description and fix your typos.Tooltips should be more detailed, too.
[-]You need more and better items.They were all boring with the same icons.I would suggest you to download a few model attachments to use with your items.A few custom icons wouldn't be bad either.
[-]Your map was a bit boring now.Maybe you could add a few quests or special events to keep players from getting bored?
[-]You could also add a few strategic points where archers would get a bigger range and a better point of view.This would create intense battles between players for the control of those points.
[-]You need a better map preview, currently all you can see is white color theme featuring white color and guess what?More white.

Overall rating:1/5
I liked the idea, and i'm sure you can improve it more.I already made a few suggestions, but another thing that would also make your map popular would be a smart AI that could also help to balance the game when someone leaves.
~ r3

Last edited:
Level 12
I've been ignoring this due to recent feedback, but I won't ignore it any longer.

EDIT:
Checklist
[√] Proper Description?
[√] Deserves a real review?
[√] Would anyone even want to play it?
[√] Map Size is proportional to quality?
[√] Does it function properly? (leaks, lag, crashing, etc)

If any of these are unchecked, then the rest of the review will not be available.
Basics
Terrain: 6/10

Gameplay: 5/10

Polish: 8/10

Replay Value: 4/10

Purpose: 6/10

Total Points: 29/50
Rating
2/5

(The Formula for rating is total points / 10 out of 5
Thumbs Up or Down?*
If total points < 30, then vote for Rejection.
If total points = 30, then no vote.
If total points = 35, then vote for Approval.

mod_no.png

*Note that I may choose to over-ride this system and vote accordingly.
Final Words
An archer wars clone. Not very original is it?
Will I play this again?
No
Note: Please ask before using this template, and you can also PM Aesthetics for the whole text template. Last updated 11/23/09

Last edited:
Level 3
Thought i give it a :thumbs_up:3/5.

Like the theme/system/camera
The bad thing about this game is that it is quite simple, and would not stand out
from the other Archer Wars, maybe you could add team-battle and missions?
Also the terrain could do with other props besides trees.

Also, i was wondering if you could share with me how to do a
-setname Function, i would like to incorporate it into my game...

{EDIT}
Add a description, a type and a category. Rules violation.
LOL it seems like i am not the only one who forgot that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
You should remove the accuracy because this map should be skill based and not random.

-Off topic-
Garfield1337 should not leave me to test Ashenvale archers, agreed?:mwahaha:

Accuracy has many purposes,it slowly changes arrow direction the farther it goes.
It's made for more realistic atmosphere and it can also prevent from early base-to-base kills. On short distances,accuracy is barely noticable and should not prove as problem in normal battles at closer distance. Also with leveling you can improve it to make arrows go more precise.

Last edited:
Ok lets see.... hmmmm
Terrain need to change, i mean is good but whole map is uber green :razz:
Add more rocks, shrubs, animated grass.... Change cliffs! (There is one button on hive called MODELS pls use that)

Also when pause game, while is quest log on screen or while buying items, imported icons are green? Fix that!
(ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\)

U only use gold in your game, u can replace lumber with food it even has that something/something add more interesting stuff!

Your unit is hero, but attributes are unused also for 1 armor needed agility is 271296389 and that is poor, make something like this (Strength=change name -> Accuracy Agility->Dexterity Intelligence->Critical Strike)
And make more hero spells, first increase chance for critical, 2th hero hp 3th critical dmg, ...

Make more attack and armor types!

I forget all that i wanted to say, but i will maybe edit post later!

P.S. Map good but it is much like ARCHER WARS (i think that i remember name:grin:) if u add more stuff, make this map have something unique i will rate it with good mark and vote for approval! I can give only 3/5 but i don't like to ruin map reputation :thumbs_up:

Level 1
found a bug,the arrow that splits into 6 fregments and if the 6 fregments kills the enemy archer the text will say *name* has killed him self,bug is about the Firelord's Right Hand bow

Last edited:
Level 1
thats strange...when i played with byard he had the firelord right arm bow,he killed me with the fragments that split up and it sayed werewolf-king has killed himself

Level 1
Very good map, i love play this map with my friends.
I can say only one : do more :)

Very good gameplay. It is very tense, and sometimes even afraid to meet the enemy :)

One moment is bad, its arrows fly distance, i think it should be less.

Level 20
Very good map, i love play this map with my friends.
I can say only one : do more :)

Very good gameplay. It is very tense, and sometimes even afraid to meet the enemy :)

One moment is bad, its arrows fly distance, i think it should be less.

Thanks for comment,but we stoped with making new versions,though maybe i can try to convince Assassinater to continue. About arrow fly distance,i think it's ok,it currently has unlimited range,but that doesn't give you much advantage unless you use it properly.

EDIT: Yay,we continued making it,new version is out!

Last edited:
Level 15
After my exams are over..i could provide with a few good quality "terrain-making" triggers.

Making a random terrain trigger is easy..but the outcome is usually horrible. I made one for one of my maps, but never used it. I think you might like it.

Thanks, but i want make the system by myself, because i never try to make it.

There is no system that can be created in WE that will replace human creation!
Best way to use multiple arenas is to create all of them on huge map!
Then just like hero selection with arrow keys players can choose the best one and vote or, just make dialog buttons for all or for host etc etc!

If you don't like JNG use it only to add more tiles and then edit map with normal WE!

Level 1
hello guys.
dear authors I want you to make game balance. :)
bows, such as lifestealing bow, needs to be more expensive. 'cause some of them really f*ck.
I offer you to graduate prices.

thanks for attention.

Level 1
Hi. I've spent pretty much time playing this map and I wanna list some bugs.

1. The most of bows damage heroes during the respawn repel. (E.g. Horradlic's Plaguer, Lich breath and so on). The most annoying is that Lich's frost effect works over the repel and if smone buys it -- he spams respawn and u can do nothing.
2. Sometimes Lich's effect lasts extra long. I saw guy, standing in it like for 15 secs.
3. Horradlic's Plaguer Sometimes kill hero with poison and kill counts for some epty-name player.
4. One guy became invincible somehow. No idea how, but mb some bug with Invincibility pot.

Also some balance features:
Bows like Horradic or Borgan's Lifestealer are overpowered. The silencer bow is useless, cuz team-mates don't see the arrow and its hard to evade it. Also it would be very likely to add some items for defence/resist, cause late-games are 99% oneshots and its pretty boring.

There is no system that can be created in WE that will replace human creation!
Best way to use multiple arenas is to create all of them on huge map!
Then just like hero selection with arrow keys players can choose the best one and vote or, just make dialog buttons for all or for host etc etc!

If you don't like JNG use it only to add more tiles and then edit map with normal WE!

Considering the entire WE is human creation. . . There is any system that can be created to do even better terrain then what your given in the simple basic visual terrain editor. Considering all it is, is code... If you spent enough time, you could trigger/code something to make random awesome terrain every new game. Easiest way is what Kobas suggested, best way is what I said. It's a good map, good job on it DatnessX. 3/5

Level 8
Considering the entire WE is human creation. . . There is any system that can be created to do even better terrain then what your given in the simple basic visual terrain editor. Considering all it is, is code... If you spent enough time, you could trigger/code something to make random awesome terrain every new game. Easiest way is what Kobas suggested, best way is what I said. It's a good map, good job on it DatnessX. 3/5
I dont understand why terrain is always such a big deal to you guys. Gameplay over graphics in my opinion. Some terrain is always nice but i dont see whats wrong with the current terrain in this...