• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III Borderlands v1.10b

Diablo III Borderlands

Booody Presents
DIABLO III BORDERLANDS

178091-albums2118-picture17326.gif

The Borderlands were originally devoid of any but the most hardened (some would say crazed) prospectors until the great military city of Lut Bahadur (literally, "city of the gate") was built to keep the lacuni in their cliff dwellings safely away from Caldeum. Lut Bahadur's solitary watch over the desolate wastes came to an end four hundred years ago when precious ore was discovered in the region known as the Stinging Winds. The town of Alcarnus was quickly established as the center of all mining in the area, with several other smaller settlements springing up in its wake. When the Dahlgur oasis was discovered and a third town was erected there, Caldeum's dominance over the Borderlands was complete. The Borderlands could reliably depend on fresh supplies of food and water from Dahlgur's caravans, protected by the might of Caldeum's Dune Guard.

185870-albums3098-picture26175.jpg

AND THE HEAVENS SHALL TREMBLE

Two decades have passed since the demonic lords, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, set out across the world of Sanctuary on a vicious rampage, twisting humanity to their unholy will. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils, the memory fades slowly.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram Cathedral seeking clues to defeat new stirrings of evil, a fiery harbinger of doom falls from the heavens, striking the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. This fire from the sky reawakens ancient evils and calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells once again.

wc3scrnshot110810072535.jpg

From the writings of Abd al-Hazir

Most believe the fearsome witch doctor of the umbaru race is a legend, but I have seen one in battle with my own eyes. And it was difficult to believe, even then. He dispatched his opponent with terrifying precision, assaulting his victim's mind and body with elixirs and powders that evoked fires, explosions, and poisonous spirits. As if these assaults were not enough, the witch doctor also had at his command the ability to summon undead creatures from the netherworld to rend the flesh from his enemy's body.

I came upon this rare display as I ventured deep into the interior of the dense Torajan jungles that cover the southern tip of the great eastern continent, in the vast area known as the Teganze, with the goal of seeking out the tribes that reside there. This area is extremely secluded, and heretofore unseen by foreign eyes. I was fortunate to befriend the witch doctor I saw in battle, and, through him, his tribe: the Tribe of the Five Hills.

The culture of the umbaru of the lower Teganze is fascinating and perplexing to those hailing from more civilized walks of life. For instance, the Tribe of the Five Hills frequently engages in tribal warfare with both the Clan of the Seven Stones and the Tribe of the Clouded Valley, but these are matters of ritual and not of conquest. I had heard tales that these wars are waged in order that the victors may replenish their supply of raw materials for the human sacrifices that their civilization revolves around, and when I timidly asked my hosts more about this topic, I must admit their laughter made me fear for my safety. However, through stumbled attempts at communication of such complex topics as what constitutes heroism and honor in their society, I gathered that only those taken in battle are considered worthy of the ritual sacrifice, much to my relief.

""As if these assaults were not enough, the witch doctor also had at his command the ability to summon undead creatures from the netherworld to rend the flesh from his enemy's body.""

Upon further discussions with my hosts, I discovered that these tribes define themselves by their belief in the Mbwiru Eikura, which roughly translates to "The Unformed Land" (this is an imprecise translation, as this concept is completely foreign to our culture and language). This belief holds that the true, sacred reality is veiled behind the physical one we normally experience. Their vitally important public ceremonies are centered upon sacrifices to the life force that flows from their gods, who inhabit the Unformed Land, into this lesser physical realm.

The witch doctors are finely attuned to this Unformed Land and are able to train their minds to perceive this reality through a combination of rituals and the use of selected roots and herbs found in the jungles. They call the state in which they interact with this other world the Ghost Trance.

Alongside the primacy of the belief in the life force and the Unformed Land, the second most sacred belief of the tribes is their philosophy of self-sacrifice and non-individuality, of suppressing one's self-interest for the good of the tribe. This idea, so foreign to our culture, struck me as something I wished to delve into much more deeply.

Unfortunately, there was intense social upheaval among the tribes due to an incident involving their most current war (inasmuch as I could discern in the ensuing bedlam), and the charged atmosphere warranted my quick departure before I could ask anything further of my hosts.

n my journey to catalogue the various denizens, civilizations, and fauna of our world, I have traveled far and wide, but never before have I been struck with such dismay as when standing upon the ramparts of the ancient fortress of Bastion's Keep. I came to see firsthand the barbarians, those near-legendary, immense, relentless, dual-wielding furies of combat dwelling upon their sacred Mount Arreat.

Instead, I stand here looking at a mountain that has been torn asunder by some extraordinary force. The sight, I must confess, is incomprehensible. Yet what I see before me cannot be denied.

What truly happened here? Where are those majestic warriors of old?

""I came to see firsthand the barbarians, those near-legendary, immense, relentless, dual-wielding furies of combat dwelling upon their sacred Mount Arreat.""

Though they were once misunderstood as simple, bloodthirsty invaders, the long and noble history of these proud people is now rightly acknowledged. And therein lies the greater tragedy here, for those of us familiar with the nobility of the barbarians remember too what they call their "vigil", the concept that lay at the very heart of their culture. The barbarians consider it their sworn duty to protect Mount Arreat and the mysterious object within. They believe that if they fail to uphold their duty to the great mount, or are not given a proper burial upon its slopes, they will be denied a true warrior's death, and their spirits shall roam the land without honor for all eternity.

If there are any barbarians left alive, they must truly be without hope. Perhaps this is the genesis of the rumors of monstrous things reported to resemble the barbarians in size and ferocity, but that are in reality nothing more than unreasoning, inhuman beasts. Could the destruction of not only their home but also their very beliefs have actually brought this magnificent race so low?

The last weeks of autumn had settled upon Ivgorod, and the first breath of winter had crept into the air. As night fell and the sun dipped below the horizon, I was all too grateful to take refuge in a tavern. As I entered, I noted a certain tension in the room. Despite the hour, it was not busy, with only scattered, small groups huddled at the tables around the edges of the room. The benches at the center of the room were empty except for one man.

The man seemed ignorant of the cold. He was dressed like a beggar, wearing little more than an orange sheet wound around his body, leaving half of his chest exposed. A garland of large wooden beads hung around his thick neck. His head was completely shaved, with the exception of a wild bushy beard. Then, recognition struck me: upon his forehead he had a tattoo of two red dots, one larger than the other. As any informed student of the peoples and cultures of this world must also realize, this man was one of the monks of Ivgorod, the secretive and reclusive holy warriors of the country.

I had heard countless fantastic stories about the monks, tales that were surely the beneficiary of significant embellishment. The monks� skin, the accounts said, was as hard as iron, impenetrable by the blade of any sword or by the point of any arrow, and their fists could break stone as easily as you or I would snap a twig. Though the unassuming man before me seemed miles away from what I had heard and read of the monks, I approached cautiously, sliding down onto the bench across from him, eager to take his measure. He beckoned me forward with a small wave of his hand.

"Ah, a soul brave enough to sit with me. Come, friend."

""The sound of bones crunching with each of his strikes mixed with something I could not quite believe: the monk was laughing as he fought. One by one, he dispatched his foes until only one remained.""

Food was placed before me, but I had little hunger for it, focusing instead on recording the details of the monk's life. He told me of his belief in the existence of a thousand and one gods, gods he believed could be found in all things: the fire in the hearth, the water in the river and the air that we breathed. Pretty enough for a story, perhaps. But any reasoned individual must surely, as I did, scoff at such a view of the world as little more than superstition. He went on to describe his intense mental and physical training, his unending quest to hone his mind and body into an instrument of divine justice. Though I do wonder for what need his thousand gods would require a mortal man to implement their will. When I asked him why he did not carry a sword or, indeed, any weapon at all, he simply replied, "My body is my weapon." Then raising his hand and tapping his forehead, he added, "As is my mind."

Most unexpectedly, I would be treated to a display of this mastery.

A group of men approached our table, knocking my book to the floor and shoving me out of the way, producing knives and other weapons as they advanced. They were focused only on the solitary figure of the monk seated across from me. I scrabbled beneath the table, having an inkling of what was to come. I watched as at some unseen signal, they attacked.

Without rising from his seat, the monk met the first man's lunging slash, grabbing his wrist and tossing him carelessly over his shoulder, throwing him into a table with a loud crash. The suddenness of the monk's attack momentarily stunned the men, and as they stood there, he rose.

That was when chaos broke out.

The monk was a fluid mass of restrained energy, meeting every attack with hardly a moment's distress. He fought with hands and feet in a way I had never seen before. In my days, I have witnessed my share of drunken bar brawls, but this was something else altogether. The sound of bones crunching with each of his strikes mixed with something I could not quite believe: the monk was laughing as he fought. One by one, he dispatched his foes until only one remained.

That one picked up a chair and hurled it toward the monk. The monk swung his arm forward and struck the incoming projectile, meeting the solid oak of the chair with his closed fist. The wood broke apart, splinters filling the air as the shattered pieces of the stool fell harmlessly to the ground around him.

"You don't fool me, demon," the monk spat. He pulled his arms back to his sides, then extended his hands before him and began to chant. A nimbus of white light appeared around his head, growing larger and more intense until it completely encompassed the monk�s body. He roared, and the light blew outward. As it washed over the other man, his skin peeled away, revealing a red-skinned demon beneath and threw the creature through the front doors of the tavern.

The monk hurtled forward, but his individual movements were too fast for my eyes to track. It seemed as though there were seven of him raining blows upon the demon from every side. Staggered, the demon stumbled. The monk grabbed the demon by the neck, grinning as he pulled his free arm back, crackling energy glowing on his open hand. He shoved his palm forward, and when it struck the demon, its body exploded: muscle, skin and bones tore apart, and the smell of burning flesh filled the air.

I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own two eyes. It seems the stories of these peerless warriors might not have been as exaggerated as I first thought.

Owing to my lack of tolerance for those who would use magic towards their own nefarious ends, many have assumed that I am averse to the practice of the magical arts on a philosophical level. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My quarrel is with those sorcerers who dismiss the ancient traditions and teachings � teachings that have been honed over millennia in order to preserve respect for authority and the rule of law.

Recently the youth of Caldeum have fallen prey to the overblown stories of just such a delinquent wizard. That is correct: I used the uncouth term wizard, not sorcerer. It seems that even the title of a civilized magic wielder is too restrictive for this young upstart. Through my contacts at the Yshari Sanctum of the mage clans, I am one of the few who actually know the truth behind the rumors now sweeping our streets regarding this hellion who flaunts her magic irresponsibly.

""That is correct: I used the uncouth term wizard, not sorcerer. It seems that even the title of a civilized magic wielder is too restrictive for this young upstart.""

This wizard was sent here to spend her formative years under the tutelage of the best mages in the world. Well, it seems they neglected to teach our wizard manners on her native island of Xiansai, for she was a rude and uncooperative student from the very beginning. Originally under the guidance of the Zann Esu mage clan, she was eventually handed over to the Vizjerei in the hopes that their strict and unbending discipline would break her anarchic spirit. Yet even the esteemed Vizjerei instructors were unable to rein her in. She was continually being caught seeking out dangerous and forbidden magics, heedless of the consequences to herself or anyone around her.

Although there is no truth to the tales that she actually ventured into the infamous Bitter Depths below the Sanctum, she was caught in the Ancient Repositories, where the most dangerous incantations are housed for the safety of the public. When confronted by the great Vizjerei mage Valthek and demanded to account for herself, she brazenly attacked him rather than face the punishment merited by her acts. Exaggerated stories of the battle are already being inflated to mythic proportions by the more rebellious of our city's youth, but suffice it to say that she did not actually best Yshari's most powerful mage in single, honorable combat. The details of the encounter remain unclear, as Valthek has yet to regain consciousness, but it has been verified by reliable sources that she relied on trickery and deceit to bring the great man low. I have also been assured that the extensive property damage was chiefly the result of Valthek's magical prowess, not the upstart wizard's. As to where she is now, no one rightly knows, for she fled the city immediately after the encounter.

It is not my goal to alarm, but I find this situation disturbing. We now have a rebellious wizard, young and inexperienced, wandering the world, dabbling in powerful magics she does not understand. Those wiser than you or I determined long ago that certain schools of magic were too dangerous and forbade their practice. It is those magics that this wizard seems determined to explore � magics centered on manipulating the primal forces from which reality is constructed. Imagine, a headstrong nineteen-year-old youth, able to warp time itself to her will! The thought is truly terrifying. It is my honest hope that this self-styled wizard chooses never to return to Caldeum.

Heroes:
Player can pick Barbarian, Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor hero to play with

Triggered Abilities:
All abilities are custom made: You will see awesome special effect within game! From basic killing units to powerful spells!

Custom Balance System:
Name speak for itself. You can play alone and with friends at same difficulty!

Random Item Drop System:
Items will be generated with triggers after each killed enemy unit. Starting from weak ones to powerful ones!
Also bosses will drop special items!

Custom Enemy AI:
Most of enemy creatures are controlled with triggers, they will attack, defend, cast spells creating for you awesome battles!

HeroesPlayable with up to 6 Players:
You can play game with max 6 players!

Custom Events:
It gives a lot of cool Events there make the world lively and the story more interesting.

Epic Boss Fights:
The map has four cool bosses and one final enemy.

Hot Desert Landscapes:
The Borderlands are subdivided into three regions:
- the desert of the Borderlands with a few ruins, buildings and bold cliffs subdivided into the regions Stinging Winds, Canyon Rim Mines and the Sundered Pass
- the Lost Ruines (an old tomb)
- finally the lost city Alcarnus overruned by the cultists

Icons:

- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- Skrik
- Mr. Frank (Spire Inc.)

Models / Skins:

- shamanyouranus
- Pyramidhe@d
- Taylor_Mouse
- Pinachet
- Dan van Ohllus
- Fan
- ironmaiden
- Dionesiist
- Just_Spectating
- Cloudwolf
- Mr.Goblin
- Tr!KzZ
- Cycloverid
- The_Silent
- Sellenisko
- HappyTauren
- SuPa-
- Archian
- 67chrome
- Callahan
- Cavman
- Nasrudin
- Denu
- Ampharos_222
- Boneknight
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- rain.mon
- Xezko
- levigeorge1617
- expresso
- Afronight_76
- Vestras
- General Frank
- Midnighters
- FrIkY
- Misha
- Kitaba
- xXm0rpH3usXx
- JetFangInferno
- Minox
- Illidan(Evil)X
- Amigurumi
- Just_Spectating

Trigger Systems:

- hell gate

improved descriptions, grammar errors corrected

- Vengeancekael
- Ebisux
- IronForge
- Clan 13sA

From 1.10->1.10b
New Features for this version:

- Seven Sided Strike stronger
- Soul Harvest improved
- Meteor Rain removed -> new skill: Arcane Torrent
- gameplay improvements
From 1.09c->1.10

- new hero skins
- new Barbarian skill sounds
- destructibles can be destruct by skills
- new Inferno mode
- bugfixing

From 1.09b->1.09c

- new cam switch function, between locked and unlocked camera (enter "-cam" to switch)
- bugfixing
- a few terrain changes
From 1.09->1.09b

- a few new icons
- new destructible objects
- bugfixing
- new events
- gameplay improvements
- item improvements
- boss improvements
From 1.08e->1.09

- all Items has new models (with class specific colors)
- skill tooltips simplified
- only golden Items can be sold to traders and trade shrines
- bugfixing

From 1.08d->1.08e

- new Fan of Knives Rune Effect
- Demon Hunter skill icons renewed
- bugfixing
From 1.08c->1.08d

- Cleave is now a skill with no target
- Fan of Knives changed (4x increased damage but 8 seconds cd)
- bugfixing
- skill tooltips now show the rune effect
From 1.08b->1.08c

- new Cleave Rune Effect and Cleave Damage fixed
- Molten Arrow is now Elemental Arrow
- bugfixing
- item changes
- gameplay improvements
- terrain improvement
- new music
- new Boss: Belial
From 1.08->1.08b

- Barbarian has more Fury costs
From 1.07c->1.08

- recource systems of Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter changed
- gameplay improvements
- new original Diablo III icons included
- many bugs fixed
- many rune effects changed / improved
- new champion monsters
- a few items changed
- new random drop system
- trigger improvements

From 1.07b->1.07c

- new Normal, Nightmare, Hell Mode Selection from Player 1
- new zoom function by Up / Down Arrow button
- rune effect improvement
- Monk resource system improved
- gameplay improvements
From 1.07->1.07b

- movement bug fixed (movement skills, knockback system)
- better rune effects for Seismic Slam, Fan of Knives
From 1.06c->1.07

- open source update
- gameplay improvements
- included a new Diablo like font
- new items
- many bugs fixed
- language and grammar mistakes fixed
- better rune effects
- new Activated vessel model
- a few new mini bosses
- items and set boni changed

From 1.06b->1.06c

- bugfixing
- renewed Timeshield (Slow Effect, Wizard can only cast Wave of Force within time shields)
From 1.06->1.06b

- Seven Sided Strike stronger
- gameplay improvements
From 1.05d->1.06

- new gold drops and traders, trade shrines
- 26 new items (traders)
- skill balance improvement
- skills changed:
- rune effect Furious Charge now on Alabaster Rune
- rune effect Whirlwind now on Obsidian Rune
- Molten Arrow stronger
- other rune effects changed
- bugfixing
- item description improvement
- gameplay improvements
- lesser lags

From 1.05c->1.05d

- Demon Hunter hotkeys completly fixed
- lesser Summon mongrels cooldown
From 1.05b->1.05c

- Demon Hunters Grenade Skill has increased damage, Molten Arrow a little increased damage, Vault has 4 sec. cooldown now
- new Morlu Caster model
- a few gameplay improvements (ghosts are transparent etc.)
From 1.05->1.05b

- Demon Hunter hotkeys fixed
From 1.04->1.05

- Inventory is completely fixed
- A new mini dungeon (Spider Cave and Hall of Doom), then a new end boss (Azmodan)
- 5th character class Demon Hunter with the following skills: Vault, Molten Arrow, Fan of Knives, Grenade, Spike Trap and Multi Shot
- 8 new items especially for the Demon Hunter (including Demon Hunter Set)
- Skill changes: Witch Doctor Summon mongrels merged with Sacrifice
Witch Doctor gets a new skill: Horrify: scares monsters which turn and run away for 5 seconds.

- Optical improvements (tilesets, new unit skins, new models)
- New ememies (Fallen Hounds, Sand Golems, Succubis, Lacuni Warriors etc.)
- Story extension in relation to Azmodan
- improved skill rune effects
- gameplay improvements
- skill balancing and diffidulty level balancing, trigger optimization

From 1.03b->1.04

- Minor terrain changes
- Bugfixing (including crash bug, inventory)
- Automatically pick up from health globes
- Computer Player AI has been removed
- Mana globes have been removed
- New Recource systems for each class:
- Barbarian Fury (unchanged)
- Wizard: Arcane Power (regenerates much faster than mana)
- Witch Doctor: Mana (retained, Witch Doctor regenerates mana from health globes)
- Monk: Spirit (combo attacks like Crippling Wave regenerates spirit for signature skills like Seven Sided Strike)

- New faster Monk combo system in 3 stages
- New skill rune system with 5 different skill runes
- skill changes and skill balance improvement
- gameplay improvement (lower skill cooldowns etc.)

From 1.03->1.03b

- new Barbarian model by Dan van Ohllus
- new massacre exp bonus system
- bugfixing
- better skill balance
From 1.02->1.03

- little terrain improvement
- new music (Diablo 2 Harem)
- new skins and models
- enemy improvement
- item improvement
- heal orbs have a small area effect now
- heroes start with level 15 now (alignment on my Diablo III New Tristram map)
- difficulty level improvement (harder)
- more enemies and more Diablo feeling (hack'n slash)
- major skill updates for:
- new skill: Locust Swarm (Witch Doctor has no longer Voodoo Heal)
- Cleave
- Seismic Slam
- Furious Charge
- Leap Attack
- Firebomb
- new minor skill: Spectral Blades (if Wizard uses her Mirror Image Skill)
- Energy Twister
- change Timeshield into Slow Time
- change Pulse into Wave of Force
- Crippling Wave

- new skill levels
- new knockback system (by hellgate)
- Boss update
- new chest open per right click
- bugfixing
- new Hero Repick System
- AI Heroes have 20 lifes now
- other gameplay improvements

From 1.01->1.02

- icon upgrade
- terrain upgrade
- new original Diablo 3 spellsounds and new enemy dead sounds
- more items and set items (4 Sets), runes there increased the hero attributes
- difficulty level improvement (harder)
- 2 new Quests
- Boss update (spectacularer)
- bugfixing
- skill balance update
- skill update (charge spell, tornado spell and more spells improved)
- new boss music
- party icons and gameplay improvement
- new hero pick system
- new Barbarian Fury System
- Autobalance System if player leave

From 1.00->1.01

- new lvl-up sound
- difficulty level increased (heroes have lesser HP and MP, so items and teamplay are more important, enemies damage increased)
- jump target on units and no longer at the environment
- jump bug fixed
- charge spell (Barbarian) cannot skip the environment longer
- Wizard skills: mirror image replace teleport
- update of a few skills (Way of hundred fists, Seven sided strike, Energy twister, Cleave)
- better skill balance
- little bit better Computer-AI
- camera improvement (finer)
- translation bug fixed
- other bugfixed
- new damage view system
- new music
- interface update
- minor terrain improvement

BORDERLANDS

wc3scrnshot110810072535.jpg

wc3scrnshot110810072622.jpg

wc3scrnshot110710172801.jpg

my1liwa71az.jpg

i92jz6neshz.jpg

di3etwcz43nh.jpg

wc3scrnshot031710223447.jpg

[rainbow]Special thanks goes to Vengeancekael (Translated map from German to English language) and hell gate (Skill and Trigger Improvement) [/rainbow]

I still search good modeler and skinner for the project...
Keywords:
Diablo, 3, Desert, Borderlands, Borderland, RPG, Booody, Diablo 3
Contents

Diablo III Borderlands v1.10b (Map)

Reviews
07:55, 1st Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Re-moderating with rating! Date: 2011/Oct/12 20:21:05 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or...

M

07:55, 1st Mar 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

Update: Re-moderating with rating!
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/12 20:21:05
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended
Rep Received: 5
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Review:

Gameplay:

You've recreated the diablo level really well, the sequences, the quests, the events, ...
There's also a lot of movement, creatures jumping at you, with their own specialties.
All of the diablo 3 characters are also available, with their most fun spells and with really neat looking and fitting spell icons.
Also a custom UI texture!
The map lasts really long, there's a lot of content and a lot of different creatures, so it doesn't get boring too soon.
Combat is also very satisfying, with all the blood effect.

Terrain:

An amazing atmosphere, with a heavy sandstorm, realistic and fitting building models, nice doodad coloring and most of all, you would barely recognize this as a warcraft 3 map, you've basically only used custom models, making it look like a whole new game.
The cliffs are really smooth and well done, you've also used a sandy terrain tile.

Other:

Neat loading screen image+preview image, nice description on the hive and the spell tooltips and quests are well written.

Overall:

A very well executed diablo 3 map, containing every character class, also custom resource systems, like 'Fury' (barbarian), an amazing environment/atmosphere and it's really fun to play and gripping.

puh you finially released this :) I like the size of my name in the description.^^
Nice terrain and spells 4/5.
btw, am i the only one that got an error?
Booody already is aware of this and has contacted several people to help him fix the error including me. Unfortunately, the bug could not be fixed and thus it has been uploaded so that more people will be checking the map.
KI is supposed to be AI xD He forgot to translate this.

I saw this at 14 downloads, and just went straight for it - i did it single player, barbarian - and found SOME bugs - but the epic feel and such made it all worth it.

ALL messages were said twice.

Barbarian can move anywhere on the map through the charge / jump abilities - i went to the city, jumped over the flames, before even entering the dungeon... Then i thought, nah, and returned, following the correct path.

Those Fighter skeletons with 1800 hp are SO OP... they doesn't damage all that much, but is 5 times harder to kill than anything else. A pack of 3 takes little more than half the time to kill a boss and whatever minions that boss may have.

The melee and the ranged cultists have the same name.

I had no real feel or need for the quests - there was no rewards, they were just guidelines, and the linear terrain provided that anyway. You could very well just replace that with messages, and remove the 'quest' part.

The three hostages lose hp by e.g. the jump slam.

Yeah, that was mostly what i had for ye...

can move anywhere on the map through the charge / jump abilities - i went to the city, jumped over the flames, before even entering the dungeon... Then i thought, nah, and returned, following the correct path.

O jea

Small note: pictures are uploaded on Pastebin, so if after some time you get error message, they are deleted :razz:

Level 12
Sorry for the message bug. but I got the quest messages always one times. I will fix it.
And it gives rewards for the quests. An the quest place drops an item between the walls of the outpost. It is a better item if you rescue more prisoners.

And have you a solution for the jump/ charge/ teleport problem, then advise me please. At the moment the barbarian and the wizard havent advantages if he or she skip the regions.

The next version (with bugfixing) will be release soon. And I need your help to search the cause of the fatal error bug. Just let me know if you find the cause of this bug...

Sorry for the message bug. but I got the quest messages always one times. I will fix it.
And it gives rewards for the quests. An the quest place drops an item between the walls of the outpost. It is a better item if you rescue more prisoners.

And have you a solution for the jump/ charge/ teleport problem, then advise me please. At the moment the barbarian and the wizard havent advantages if he or she skip the regions.

The next version (with bugfixing) will be release soon. And I need your help to search the cause of the fatal error bug. Just let me know if you find the cause of this bug...

Make jump abilities this way: change abilit target from point to target/unit!
Now player need to select unit so hero can jump! unit cant go into doodads so hero can't jump on it!

Level 16
Liked it and definitely Approvable. "Reported". However, there is still some Non-English in the Map ("Streitmacht" instead of "Forces"). Should be fixed right away.

Level 12
Sadly for now i can only give this map a 4/5 since creeps randomly spawn on top of cliffs and if you use any kind of blink strike to get them then you cant get back.

I attached a sample image to this post.

Attachments

• Glitchy.GIF
    Glitchy.GIF
    121.6 KB · Views: 4,590
Level 10
Huh I played this and found some bugs... :/ The barbarian charge and jump skills can jump over doodads... and then you cant get back... Then cleave doesn't take any mana. :) It like free skill. Thats all for now... Played just with barbarian... BTW I like charge skill when use it on monster then he hit to wall and they explode... :p nice..

Level 8
I have finished game with two my friends. Terrain looks epic. Also we found bugs: creeps' AI which causes them to run on unwalkable terrain; Wizzard has blink into any point; Barbarian's jump too; some failures in MUI(from JeffreyQ's screenshot).

Level 12
Thank you for your comments :csmile:. I will try to fix the bugs fast as possible.
Info: You can enter "-heroreset" in the game to turn off the collision/unpause of your hero for 6 seconds if he stand on the cliff or there is a bug (jump of the Barbarian).
To move instantly all AI-Heroes to you, enter "-playerreset"
And I need your help to fix the total error bug...

A good map, maybe you guys can co-op with Cloud Wolf's team and make all the locations from Blizzard video =)

Yes I think I could cooperate with Cloudwolf to make a big Diablo III Project or perhaps a campaign if he agree. But now I trying to fix the bugs and improving my map...

Level 2
Dude terrain,spells,models r great!!!!
Just add more classes and expend the map!
This is one of the far best maps i ever played gj gj

Level 3
The map was really awesome! I finished it with a barb, good job mate!

Ps. BTW, where is the music from? o_O And is there a DL link? =)

edit : I give it 5/5 I just love Diablo themed maps

Last edited:
Level 2
Really nice map. Terrain and Interface are awesome! It has a nice Diablo feel

The game is really easy though and the regeneration orbs barely do anything.
I experienced a fatal error mid game in the tomb while playing the sorc

Level 12
The map was really awesome! I finished it with a barb, good job mate!

Ps. BTW, where is the music from? o_O And is there a DL link? =)

edit : I give it 5/5 I just love Diablo themed maps

The music is the Caldeum II Sound. If you want I send you the music in high quality...

The next version 1.01 Beta will come soon.

List of probable changes for the new version:
- new lvl-up sound
- difficulty level increase (heroes have lesser HP and MP, so items and teamplay are more important, enemy damage increased)
- jump will be target on units and no longer at the environment
- jump bug will be fix
- try to treat the charge spell (Barbarian)
- Wizard skills: mirror image will replace teleport
- update of a few skills (p.E. way of hundred fists,...) and better skill balance
- translation bug fixing
- other bugfixing
- perhaps a few new items
- new damage view system

For later versions I plan a fullscreen inventory, spell icon update, terrain improvement, spectacularer boss fights, more items (perhaps set-items), new custom models (I search a modeler/skinner/animater yet), bugfixing

And I need YOUR help to fix the total error bug...

Last edited:
Level 1
OK aceee game but when i got into the city... it crashed... when all those guys spawned from that guy with the red thing around him.. but ace game got right into it :(

Level 9
First :Great map, Awesome terrain, great gameplay, good AI, and whatever great compliments I forgot to give

Second: I didn't get to finish the map cos the game froze, which never happened to me before in any other warcraft 3 map, this was at the second part of the ruins, it also lagged quite a bit for playing it in single player.

Also I found a wand that said it gave the berserk ability, but I coudn't use the item, so either berserk is a passive ability, and if it is you should give a description of it in the item description, if not, you have to still add that ability

But except from that one mayor buzzkill, and that small item bug, this map is great, and even if it had 20x more flaws I'd still give it a 5/5, as gameplay is the main factor for a good map, and I really enjoyed playing it, and the terrain just magnifies it by a 100. +rep for this map

Level 9
After the Deceiver boss, a lot of cultists will spawn and once I cast Soul Harvest on all of them the game crashed.
Edit: And inside the underground temple place, once you get there the first time you can go backwards and destroy an object (part of the entrance) after which you can walk around the place where you're not supposed to.

Awsome map, if you could make an entire campaign like this... Wow! :razz:

Last edited:
Level 2
This must be the best map i have ever played. If it just was much much longer! :)
It would also'v been cool if the game didn't freeze in the last city :/ have never played through the entire map yet because of the error in the city. and yes, An entire campaign like this would be the best!

Level 12
It is time for an update. I release the version 1.01 Beta now. Have fun...

List of changes for the new version:
- new lvl-up sound
- difficulty level increased (heroes have lesser HP and MP, so items and teamplay are more important, enemies damage increased)
- jump target on units and no longer at the environment
- jump bug fixed
- charge spell (Barbarian) cannot skip the environment longer
- Wizard skills: mirror image replace teleport
- update of a few skills (Way of hundred fists, Seven sided strike, Energy twister, Cleave)
- better skill balance
- little bit better Computer-AI
- translation bug fixed
- other bugfixed
- new damage view system
- new music
- interface update
- little terrain improvement

Beyond I need your help to fix the fatal error bug or freeze bug.
The next version will be a greater update...

Level 2
Just played the map again (on another computer in another house). The game froze in the end as usual :/