• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WZW:: Resurrection v1.2.9c

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
World Zombie Wars Resurrection v1.2.9c
By unholydecimator/ mr.pockets00000
previous versions: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/search/?go=1&n=WZW::+Resurrection&a=&c=0&pf=1&p=1&roc=1&tft=1
25a69n6.jpg

v1.0 – Release

v1.1 - Fixed some bugs and made some balance changes

v1.2 - Added orc air and made spike barricades stronger.

v1.2.1 - Made Zombie Unit weaker

v1.2.2 - Nerfed Abominations, cities can be upgraded detector, moved engineer to hospital

v1.2.3 - nerfed volatile beetles, nefed spike barricades, wyvrms get upgrades

v1.2.4 -gave humans more anti air ability, easier access to the AA tower
-increased the cost of general undead upgrades.
-bank now built from the engineer
-gargoyle ground attack nerfed, 2.0 cooldown -> 2.5 cooldown, 80 damage -> 70 damage, damage upgrade amount 15 -> 10
-frost wyrm ground attack nerf: damage upgrade amount 25 -> 15
-human tower attack damage upgrade is now much cheaper
-terrain tweaked in favor of humans, russia had it BADDDDD
-added shrines
-abomination now has hook ability: ability to pull a unit allied or enemy right to it!

v1.2.4a -re-arranged some trees, added suicide key for zombies, changed barricade model

v1.2.4b -fixed a terrain issue with southern Africa preventing them from protecting the ramp

v1.2.5 -update balance favoring zombies, upgrades made cheaper, zombies health increased to 250, human troops train slower, zombie price set back to one gold. Increased zombie attack speed

v1.2.6 -volatile beetle no longer is artillery, is now missile splash. volatile beetle now has smaller AOE of damage, lowered the cost
-zombie runner nerf: now much slower attacker than before (still slightly faster than normal zombie), but still fast runner and still
-increased runner tech level
-increased runner cost
-runner now has chaos attack
-increased abomination cost
-increased disease cloud tech cost

v1.2.6a
-naming convention now includes original player name

v1.2.6b
-nerfed zombies slightly, reduced attack damage and health
-zombie runners now cost 20 gold
-nerfed volatile beetles, now have reduced damage and health
-nerfed abomination damage
-nerfed frost wyrm, reducing its attack rate
-improved masonry now costs less gold/wood at level 1
-improved tower damage now costs less gold/wood overall
-human armor/attack upgrades now cost less from the begining
-zombie upgrades now cost more overall
-shovelers now require level 5 zombie attack/armor upgrades
-volatile beetle now costs more gold
-frost wyrms cost more
-zombies now train at a slightly slower rate
-lower level barricades now have slightly more health and higher level barricades now have slightly less health
-third world builders now build like human builders
-gargoyles now cost less
-did some terrain work, making ramps smaller and removing some of them
-reduced the overall number of cities and gave humans more starting cities
-unused playerslots are given to hostile

v1.2.6c
-red no longer has a zombie and peon worker

v1.2.6d
-shovelers now have 100 hp
-shovelers are now limited to 2

v1.2.6e
-new opener soundtrack! Fight 'em till you can't by Anthrax
-abominations now attack more slowly and deal less damage
-the standard zombie now has reduced health
-volatile beetle now has 100 health and costs 3 food
-canibalize now costs 1000 gold
-gargoyles now have 450 health
-frost wyrms now have 700 health
-anti air tower now costs 15 gold
-batriders may now attack air AND structure

v1.2.7
-disease clouds are now air units
-zombie runners now avaible at an earlyier point in the game
-new type of zombie! Volatile Mutant. Has the ability to damage itself to deal more damage.

v1.2.7a
-barricades now have a weak attack to attract zombies
-accelerated degeneration now increases attack speed by 300% and deals 125 damage to self
-red now has a few more trees to help him early on
-teal now has thicker jungle
-orange now has open space near his south flank
-purple now has a tiny front with brown
-closed off direct fronts with purple/red and purple/yellow (with trees)
-Dark Green/Brown now have some easy access to ports
-red now has some protection to the north

v1.2.8
-Middle East (Purple) is no more
-North America now Split into Canada/USA (Purple is Canada, Blue is USA)
-removed zombie entrance into the middle east (well nerfed, now its got a bunch of trees)
-Lowered the cost of a Volatile Mutant and now requires 3/3 armor/attack upgrades rather than 4/4
-Lowered the cost of Zombie Runner
-Game now Waits for laggers for a short 5 seconds at the start
-Cleaned up some memory leaks that I failed to notice before
-added intestinal worms
-Lord of the Dead can now reanimate dead corpses
-added gates

v1.2.9
-added AI players for zombies (just make them computers) (warning AI is minimalistic, and experimental. Use at your own risk)
-added barricades to the northern border of the brown zombie
-fixed research bombarders tooltip

v1.2.9a
-fixed an issue where the income information would incorrectly display 0 house income

v1.2.9b
-volatile beetle now costs 2 food
-volatile beetle base damage reduced to 100, upgrade amount reduced to 20
-abomination base armor increased to 7, upgrade bonus increased to 4
-abomination damage upgrade amount increased to 35
-abomination attack speed cooldown increased from 2.25 to 2.4 (versus buildings)
-zombie runner attack cooldown decreased to 0.45 (was 0.70)
-gargoyle food cost decreased to 2, life decreased to 400
-ultimate barricade removed

v1.2.9c
-zombie runner attack speed changed from 0.45 to 0.55
-fixed a tooltip (zombie shoveler upgrade)

Players: Highly Recommended Full house of 12
Map Size: 256 x 192 (full), 249x185 (playable)
File Size: 1.52 MB

Q: Haven’t you already done this? What about WZW: The Plague?
A: Yes, but there were certain mechanisms that I found unsatisfactory (such as map layout) that really could only be fixed by starting over. I also wanted to give the game a fresh start with improved gameplay mechanics as well as a few new ideas.

Q: Why no preview image? You have a loading screen, shouldn’t you make a custom preview image?
A: I don’t care for a custom preview image on a map like this and here’s why. In a battle.net lobby, where you see a preview image you cannot see the map. On hiveworkshop.com scrolling over the preview image shows the map for all it’s terrain but in an in-game lobby this doesn’t work. Why is this relevant? Simple. A player’s start location on the map corresponds to what country they will be starting in, and that is highly relevant in the game lobby.

Q: Why isn't the terrain very good? Shouldn't you have spent more time on it?
A: I didn't make this game for beauty. It's design principle is game-play that's not too overly-complex but still somehow fun. I feel that terrain is the least important part of a map like this so it was neglected a tad, and not to mention it'd probably get in the way of game-play, my main concern.

If you wanted a map with beautiful terrain, I'd have to hire an artist. I, myself, am not much of an artist of visuals.

"And so it came to pass, the humans valiantly fought for decades against the endless zombie hordes, eventually putting an end to their dreadful infection. The virus was cured once and for all (so they thought), and the dead buried in their graves.

Centuries have past. Now humanity is just beginning to recover from the onslaught. Entire countries have been rebuilt from the ground up in the most extreme cases. Devastated by the plague of the past, Humanity had begun much more strict regulation on travel and trade. They also placed much stricter guards against disease in food and water supply.

Despite humanities best efforts moans and groans can now be heard in the North and the South. How this plague has resurrected is still unknown and even baffled scientists... Perhaps there could be more to this plague than just a mere virus? Nature herself must want humanity dead...."

-Capture all cities/houses in your surrounding area to increase your income/food limit
-Build Barricades at key chokepoints and entrances to your nation. If you trust your neighbor, don't worry about blocking the entrance to his base
-Build some Towers Near key chokepoints
-Trees can be chopped by zombies, Keep that in mind!
-Build a Blacksmith to research better upgrades to enable the production of better barricades and towers
-Train units and upgrade towers and barricades to tighten your defense
-Build banks to increase your income
-Build air units to assault the hordes of undead and their bases
-If you lose your first game, don't cry, just warn your allies so they can prepare

-Infect all nearby cities
-Build two Graveyards
-Research cannibalize
-Train some ghouls and start gathering wood
-Ghouls can destroy trees by attacking or mining them *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*
-Wait for anti rush to end
-Break the defenses as many human players as you can. The more defenses you have broken through, the closer you will be to achieving the bane of humanity
-Use Abominations and Volatile Beetles to clear human defenses
-Use air units to strike where humanity has failed to put up anti-air defenses
-Use Lords of the Dead to increase your numbers on the fly if necessary
-Use Shovelers to dig tunnels for a back-way entrance into the enemy base

Press ESC to re-align your camera

Human players can type -ally player # to ally another human player
-Red is player 1
-Blue is player 2
-Teal is player 3
-Purple is player 4
-Yellow is player 5
-Orange is player 6
-Green is player 7
-Pink is player 8
-Gray is player 9

To unally a player, simply attack him or her.

Map by myself,
Original concept by Nail N Hammer
Terrain originally by MonsterPawn (map said it was free to use in any way)

Imports:
ghoul by Daenar7
abomination by horusrogue
zombie by HerrDave
skeleton warrior and orc by 67chrome
kobold shoveler by Callahan
nukeaura by Frankster
nukestrike by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
fight 'em till you can't by Anthrax

Keywords:
World Zombie Wars, Undead, Disease Spreading, Plague, World War
Contents

WZW:: Resurrection v1.2.9c (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b WZW:: Resurrection by UnholyDecimator / MrPockets00000 RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 8/20 Total Score: 28/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
WZW:: Resurrection
by UnholyDecimator / MrPockets00000
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 8/20
Total Score: 28/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
There are quite a few maps with this concept, but this is executed fairly well. You can compare this map to those like Eras Zombie Invasion, Europe at War Zombies, and a few other Strategy / Risk zombie maps.

Each starting location seems to have a fair share of trees and starting cities. The techtree works perfectly fine for the three I've tried; India, Russia, and Zombies. The units are basic and don't have a lot of customization, but like many other things in the map, they work fine. Many descriptions are short but straight to the point, and the quest log and Hive description give a lot of information for the players of the map.

It can get a little crowded due to how the play style is to train units fast, tech up fast, and build more. Because of this, this map can suit to be a roleplay map if players do not want to rush and instead enjoy a casual but diplomatic atmosphere.

20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain is the least I can go for this to be acceptable. Tiles are used to match the world's biomes, but it doesn't look smooth. Cliffs look okay as coastlines, but mountain cliffs are annoyingly stacked and take a lot of space, especially in Asia. You also could have done a way better job replicating world maps, Austalia is stretched horizontally, Hawaii is unnaturally oversized and far south, the Canadian tundra/Greenland area is a mess, and there are a few more parts of the map that are very questionable regarding geography.

The doodad placement wasn't very good either. It's only different types of trees, but at least they are matching to the environment. I do appreciate how they were near the edges of pathways, because if they were scattered in the middle of building areas it would be a pain.

8/20
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 32
Review finished :cgrin:
EDIT: I don't mind a few of the curse words, but I just want to point there are a few present before people may complain.

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
WZW:: Resurrection
by UnholyDecimator / MrPockets00000
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 8/20
Total Score: 28/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
There are quite a few maps with this concept, but this is executed fairly well. You can compare this map to those like Eras Zombie Invasion, Europe at War Zombies, and a few other Strategy / Risk zombie maps.

Each starting location seems to have a fair share of trees and starting cities. The techtree works perfectly fine for the three I've tried; India, Russia, and Zombies. The units are basic and don't have a lot of customization, but like many other things in the map, they work fine. Many descriptions are short but straight to the point, and the quest log and Hive description give a lot of information for the players of the map.

It can get a little crowded due to how the play style is to train units fast, tech up fast, and build more. Because of this, this map can suit to be a roleplay map if players do not want to rush and instead enjoy a casual but diplomatic atmosphere.

20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain is the least I can go for this to be acceptable. Tiles are used to match the world's biomes, but it doesn't look smooth. Cliffs look okay as coastlines, but mountain cliffs are annoyingly stacked and take a lot of space, especially in Asia. You also could have done a way better job replicating world maps, Austalia is stretched horizontally, Hawaii is unnaturally oversized and far south, the Canadian tundra/Greenland area is a mess, and there are a few more parts of the map that are very questionable regarding geography.

The doodad placement wasn't very good either. It's only different types of trees, but at least they are matching to the environment. I do appreciate how they were near the edges of pathways, because if they were scattered in the middle of building areas it would be a pain.

8/20
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 4
As one of the people who doesn't have a connection to Battle.net I will ask you one thing:
Is there AI?

Level 32
^ Nope :/

Though I've played this with others, I do search up AI maps at times. What I suggest is you could ask in our forums for suggestions on what maps with AI / single players maps to play. If you aren't into campaigns, I also suggest you try typing AI in the search bar, you'll get some promising results.

Thank you all who have checked out my map.

Also I'm publicly announcing that there is indeed an AI, however it is experimental. It can only be turned on for the zombies by setting the player to computer. This AI is not especially good and is intended for experimental purposes ONLY.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can.